Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where would you go next...

Options
1278279280281282284»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

It wasn’t cheap to run at all, some car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What was the M340i like @maddness ? It's a car that would make me potentially switch from my Mk 7.5 Golf GTI PP because (a) I would like to own a V6 before everything practically becomes electric, and (b) the family has expanded and the extra space would be good.

The M340i was absolutely fantastic. Felt a lot quicker than the figures would say and a great all rounder. My car had an issue and went back to BMW, otherwise I’d have never sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Sorry meant straight 6! It's been a long week 🥴

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Mercedes are still way overpriced relatively unfortunately especially when compared to the UK models with their paddy spec models. I have a UK import myself a few years and would like to change but can’t justify the greedy markup vs BMW prices

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I find myself taking a bit of interest in the new JCW MINI Countryman

They're not around until the Spring and I can't imagine there will a lot of JCW demos.

I'm sure it will pass 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Just had a look online at the new countryman . It looks to be a more substantial car than before. Very nice though with some nice features.

I assume the JCW will be rare enough alright in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Trying to decide between a few options for my next car.

First baby is on the way.

I could buy a more traditional family car (e.g. saloon or crossover SUV) or I could buy a parents VW golf as they are getting new car.

While the Golf is probably smaller than I would have been thinking for the next car it is newer and lower mileage than anything else I'd be looking at in my budget. I'd also be confident in how it was treated given it was in the family with only them owning from new.

Any thoughts on whether I should go with the known quantity? Is a Golf decent enough size for a couple with one baby?

Would be buying a different car if more kids came along either way.

A golf is absolutely fine for a family with one baby. As long as the buggy you have for the baby fits in the boot with room for a baby bag I’d imagine you would be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Early 20s and I like big estates. My first car was a 93 1.9tid estate which I've owned nearly two years, love it to bits but it needs quite a lot of work, potentially up to 4k worth and it was only my first car bought as a stopgap that I ended up keeping because it was so lovely to drive. Bought it for under 2k originally, passed one NCT and failed her next one on rust.

Looking now at the Volvo V60 (D5 only), BMW E91/E61 2.0 diesels (would need a chain) or maybe something different. No volkswagens!

Basically looking for a DIESEL wagon around 08-12 that's a bit interesting and a bit nicer/more different then the yokes an average early 20's fella might buy. Anything I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

Just checking if you have had an issues with your 50e related to the Check Engine Light , or the cooling valve so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Luna84

I was going ordering a i30N all was good with sales guy. So I specified if it would have the fancy bucket seats that are lighter than stock ones and are nice to look at and the N badge in them light up and he got back to me saying that is not an option in Ireland, shame I said as I really liked them. So I asked how much it would cost with a colour and he said he would get back to me. I said that's fine. He got back to me later and said you cannot order now as a facelift is due.

I was disappointed but probably a good thing as I had a massive unannounced family bill come up. Maybe in the future I can order it.

I also have read since online that they may be quietening down the exhaust in FL model. I hope it's not true as that is one of the reasons I really wanted one was for the pops and bangs they make. Yes I know childish and I'm not even that young but that appealed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

No, no issues at all. Someone else i know also picked his 50e on the same day as myself and he didn't have any issue either. There was an intermittent issue where the rear cabin light will turn on when I turn on rear wiper but that hasn't happened for the past couple of months. Perhaps the software upgrade has fixed it. You must be getting your delivery soon? What colour did you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

Skyscraper Grey.

i was due to get it mid March, but delivery is now pushed out to end of May due to issues in the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Tried doing similar around two years ago. No bucket seats available, no "larger" infotainment screen available in Ireland. Initially, they even told me the facelift wasn't being released in Ireland! The previous model wasn't available in Ireland with the heated seats, heated steering wheel or brace in the boot.

Haven't seen any info on a new model! No doubt will be hitting 60k

Advertisement