Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where would you go next...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

i5 going into production in summer and delivery in Oct/Nov which means Jan for me, so I don't think Im going to wait. I'm at the colour/option picking stage of the X5 50 now which I can have in the 1st week of Jul.

Would you still go for X5 50E after i5 now revealed and prices starting from €91K?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭carsfan2

most definitely.

100k gets you a msport pro 40 i5 with a few options. Crazy money for a 5 series saloon.

However I would look at the newly refreshed Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid. Starts at 97k and is well equipped for a Porsche. I just specced one for 102k that is loaded. Would feel much more special than a BMW too

Thank you, as always.

i5 is priced insanely, 15K too much.

My ordered X5 is due to arrive in July. €108K gets you M Sport pro, tech pack for HK, sun roof and that's it!

I called Porche a couple of weeks ago. New Cayenne H is due to arrive for demo in Aug/Sep. If ordered now, delivery will be Q1 of 2024. I never sat in a Porche and not familiar with extras etc. I noticed that you pick each extra individually as opposed to be as a package. Share the link of the build if you haven't discarded, please.

50e has an advertised range of 110km and it will have 90km of real world range. 45e does 70km. Porche has advertised 90KM and Autogefuhl thinks 60km of real world range (good bit lower than x5). I agree that Porche looks special and richer.

Here is one with a few more bits including bose surround sound. Still cheaper than the X5. I can't think of any must haves not included.

• Advertisement

I just came back from Cayenne test drive, loved the sitting position and drive. I think X5' seats are more comfortable/bigger. X5 has air suspension as standard but I still like the drive of Cayenne more :) If you add 21", HUD, air suspension, they are similarly priced vehicles.

You have picked the same extras which I'd picked except the courtesy light. I need to decide if i should wait for another 6 months for Porsche or go with X5 now (1st week of July).

First world problems. Probably either car would be great. Porsche might feel more special and I’d guess perform better residually but who knows?

Following up on this out of curiosity, did you make a decision in the end @bbari?

Yes, its all your and couple of other guys fault. Hoping to have 50e delivered in the next 2 weeks.

Excellent. Hope you enjoy it.

hopefully the best of both worlds with the bigger battery.

• Advertisement

Thank you @carsfan2, @Gumbo and others who helped me in making the decision. I'm dead chuffed!

Edited to correct a tagged name.

Post edited by bbari on

Looks great. Well wear.

I know it’s huge money but in the context of how BMW’s are being priced now, that looks good value compared to the new less practical i5.

Just reporting back the consumption.

When i collected, it was fully charged and showed 98KM range. Motorway all the way and it did 90KM.

Second charge at home, it showed 98KM range. City centre driving and I did get 98KM.

The day when it had 0KM of e-range, I travelled 15KM. 9KM was on petrol and 6KM was electric (which were from re-gen etc)

I think its pretty good result given the fact the advertised range is 105KM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Surely a typo on price? 2019 M5 for 49k!

Edit: It must be on northern plates

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-m5-4dr-dct-600ps/34582654

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

And it's 49k Sterling I assume as I just looked at an A7 in stock there with a euro price on donedeal but has the same figure but in sterling on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Definitely a pre VRT sterling price.

Have you sold the 540i if you’re looking at m5’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Yes, it went last week. Sad to see it go, really great car and in 3 yrs ownership it never skipped a beat. But I just replaced it with an 08 4x4 that's more suited to my needs these days. I'll always be browsing motors carsfan, a habit I'll never tire of!

🤣I’m the same. Every other day on carzone or DoneDeal.

can’t help myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Lads just looking at a few 2019 R Line Arteons. Am driving a 17 A4 Sline and wondering is it in your valued opinion. Step up or down I’d be taking and what’s the view on the Arteon in general. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are a nice looking car, basically a Passat underneath. Engine and gearbox are probably a variant of what you have in your A4, interior probably won't be as well finished as your used to in the A4 but the infotainment and safety systems are more up to date. Arteon is a fastback similar to the A5 Sportback so the boot is a hatchback which means it's bigger and more practical than the A4 if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

When do you guys think we'll see a 60k etron GT?

I'm over in EV land now, Cupra Born, will keep it for 2 more years I reckon then I'll give it to herself who loves it. But I'm staying in EV now, not going back to ICE and there's very little I like. Perhaps an i4, and i5 or an a6 etron which isn't even out yet but I think I'll go etron gt probably. Just a bit special.

There is a 2021 on sale sub 90k now from audi dealer, I don't know what price it was new.

They won't be on sale in big volumes used so wondering do you reckon 60k is achievable in 2 years time? Or longer? And the other question, would you pay 60k for an out of warranty 4 to 5 year old EV?

Arteon is a nice car . Looks quite a bit bigger than A4 externally and interior size. It is basically a slightly posher Passat hatchback with a different name.

no bad thing in itself but might bother some people.

what engine variant are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

It’ll take a while I’d imagine. Lack of supply and all that… they are actually brilliant to drive for an EV with all that weight.

Basically I'm waiting for them to half in price from new, most seem to be 120k ish new.

I'll just keep an eye out plus in the UK where there will be more supply over the next 12/24 months see where prices are going. I can't see everything else in life being so straightforward that I'll spend over 60k on a car!

I’d say it’ll be a 4/5 year old car before you can get one for 60k here especially if you buy through an approved used Audi garage.

lovely looking cars, probably nicer than Taycan.

If that's all I'd be delighted, a 2021 car in 2025 would do me. I prefer them to the Taycan too, I know the Taycan seems to be set up more sporty but that's not really any interest to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭User1998

Before covid it would take about 3 years for a car to half in value. For more main stream cars 3 years is starting to become the norm again.

Even iD3’s and Teslas are dropping in value fast.

Advertisement