Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 12 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,204 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is there really any point sleeping now. It'll be an hour before I'm down from this high and can sleep, and then I'm up 90 mins later.

NFL season can be a b*tch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Great win for the Bears. It can really open up the division if the Lions can get a result next week, given how brutal the Vikings schedule is.

Yeah it's turning into a very interesting division, of the lions win on Thursday, the whole thing is wide open. I would still guess the pack to win out with Vikings getting a wild card.

Tracy porter eating his Turkey leg: "well we've been eating a lot of cheese out there". He was immense tonight, another guy I had no faith in proving me wrong. This is the most fun I've had watching football in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Oat23 wrote: »
    Is there really any point sleeping now. It'll be an hour before I'm down from this high and can sleep, and then I'm up 90 mins later.

NFL season can be a b*tch.

I am drinking another beer just to calm down. Gonna just read fan discussion boards gloating until I'm sleepy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Didn't see the game, but happy we lost. Was hoping for the same on the weekend against the Vikings. If this is what it takes to finally give the team the kick up the arse needed, so be it. How Clements is still calling the plays on the offense is beyond me. I want us to miss the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Billy86 wrote: »
    Didn't see the game, but happy we lost. Was hoping for the same on the weekend against the Vikings. If this is what it takes to finally give the team the kick up the arse needed, so be it. How Clements is still calling the plays on the offense is beyond me. I want us to miss the playoffs.
    The big problem last night was Aaron Rodgers. He had plenty of time and was off target with a lot of throws. Eddie Lacy played well despite a fumble so you had a good balance between the run and passing game.

There were some drops too, Adams was poor tbf, but for the most part that is to be expected in those conditions. Rodgers has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame himself though, he was holding onto the ball too long too often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭cosatron

eagle eye wrote: »
    The big problem last night was Aaron Rodgers. He had plenty of time and was off target with a lot of throws. Eddie Lacy played well despite a fumble so you had a good balance between the run and passing game.

There were some drops too, Adams was poor tbf, but for the most part that is to be expected in those conditions. Rodgers has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame himself though, he was holding onto the ball too long too often.

for us packer fans, the biggest frustration is the play calling, I agree that Rodgers is off since the bye week, but in game play calling needs to be better, MM always talks about balance but last night on a wet night, we threw the ball 43 times vs running it 24, lacy carried for 105 on 17 attempts with average of 6.3 per carry and starks carried for 39 yards on 7 attempts with an average of 5.6. Why didn't we stick with the run especially when Rodgers was off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Kuechly beasting it

Guy is just an amazing MLB'er

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Kuechly beasting it

Guy is just an amazing MLB'er

Purely As a player I think he's better than Willis or Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Question.
    In one of the games last night a team (Eagles I think from memory) was faced with a 4th and 40 from their own 1yd line, obviously they punted.
    If the punt failed to reach that 40yd distance would the Lions have had possession from where the play started. Or does punting override the yardage requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

Question.
    In one of the games last night a team (Eagles I think from memory) was faced with a 4th and 40 from their own 1yd line, obviously they punted.
    If the punt failed to reach that 40yd distance would the Lions have had possession from where the play started. Or does punting override the yardage requirement?

punt overrules yardage requirement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I have to say I fancy the Broncos to beat the Pats this weekend. I think the Broncos D matches up very well against the Pats O and I expect Phillips to put a strategy in place to neutralise Gronk.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2 games in the late slot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Paully D wrote: »
    2 games in the late slot :rolleyes:

And 9 in the early.
    Daftness

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Just a note.
    Sky Go app for Android and Apple has Red Zone as its on Sky Sports 5 on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Reshad Jones might just be the most underrated player in the league at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

DRC and Schwartz injured already, to add to the already massive injury list.

I'm fairly confident that the current group of o-linemen will be the worst collection to play in the NFL this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Why don't the Giants just run the ball a little. Getting decent gains if not spectacular.

Couldn't have been a worst first half if we are honest.

Only one healthy starter on the OL, and playing from behind. I can see this getting even more ugly, tbh.

Yeah injuries has been a disaster. Disappointed with Manning, he looks flustered and rushing his throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Where is Matty Ice?!

(as the boos ring round the Georgia Dome for another interception)

• Advertisement

Where is Matty Ice?!

(as the boos ring round the Georgia Dome for another interception)

Would Kapernick be a good fit for the Falcons?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Would Kapernick be a good fit for the Falcons?

Hmmm..... In my opinion, no..

Ryan has been poor of late, but he is still a superior QB than Kap.

Eli dear god......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Carolina is 5-1 to go unbeaten for the season. Serious value there, Giants are looking poor as are the Falcons (who they play twice) and you'd fancy them to beat the Bucs at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pretty awful from the Giants soo far tonight.

Does Eli know how to throw a short ball like 3-8 yards.....keeps going for the 15+ yarders. Build momentum at least.

Eli is not the problem, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

How has Hall not been ejected yet??

Those were 2 seriously rough plays on OBJ and could easily caused severe injury

How has Hall not been ejected yet??

Those were 2 seriously rough plays on OBJ and could easily caused severe injury

OBJ has serious heart....the only Giant to show any!!

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Eli is not the problem, tbh.

Should have picked for the forth time. I know its not Eli fault to a large degree but a lot of his passing is off for me.

Play calling I do not understand. Take pressure of the inexperienced offensive line by playing away from the trenches. Just run a little to the edge and keep them guessing not the obvious 10-20 yard pass on every play.

Advertisement