Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 12 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hopefully someone is boxing up chip Kelly's stuff in boxes and clearing out the office at the nova care complex right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is fun. If Giants beat Redskins Sunday, they'll surely make the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Obvious the team has given up on him. Look like the Bears with trestman last year when they just gave up and wanted no more from him.

Going to watch chips post game presser just to see how he spins this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

What is incredible, is that the eagles actually had something to play for, the lions didn't, and this is a nationally televised game. Awful surrender from the eagles the last two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

And this is why the vast majority of NFL teams don't give their head coach free reign. Especially not after 2 years and just a 1 and done playoff appearance.

BVXeQogIQAErL-G.jpg

Chip kelly: we didn't do anything well right.

No **** chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

And people question eagles fans booing I'm starting to get real sick of being overhyped getting my hope up and getting this crap

nerd69 wrote: »
    And people question eagles fans booing I'm starting to get real sick of being overhyped getting my hope up and getting this crap

If I could thank that post more than once I would nerd.

Every single player and coach on the eagles needs to take the time between now and the patriots game to take a good hard look at themselves because the pats will shred us if we play like this next sunday week.

And like nerd said eagles fans get a bad rep for booing as if we like doing it. That game today and last week were ****ing disgraceful and I'm an eagles fan for nearly sixteen years and it's been a long time since I've been this pissed off. I mean forty-five points two consecutive weeks ? Turkeys weren't the only bird stuffed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Unacceptable to lose to two of the worst teams in the league in close games when you style yourself as a playoff contender. There's more talent in this squad than both the Lions and Bucs combined imo but the coaching staff seem to have lost the plot... single coverage on megatron... don't bother ever jamming the slot... insanity. Chip out... and this is from a guy who was RIDIC excited when we hired him. Genuinely thought he'd revolutionise the league. Its just turned into another run and gun disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a start to this game

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone for Thanksgiving turnovers?

86a5823972346a906d747ca1ea97854c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Funky outfits for the Panthers tonight.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Unacceptable to lose to two of the worst teams in the league in close games when you style yourself as a playoff contender. There's more talent in this squad than both the Lions and Bucs combined imo but the coaching staff seem to have lost the plot... single coverage on megatron... don't bother ever jamming the slot... insanity. Chip out... and this is from a guy who was RIDIC excited when we hired him. Genuinely thought he'd revolutionise the league. Its just turned into another run and gun disaster.

Nah it was just the pace of his system that was a novelty and just like college players as rookies, the nfl eventually catches up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think people need to give Chip Kelly more time before they decide he is not good enough. I was never too sure that he would make it in the NFL because I believed that his offense was a major key to the success at Oregon. The QB rarely looked past his first read on passing plays and there were plenty of tricks thown in to keep tired defenses honest.

Thing is though the man figured out a way to win at Oregon and I wouldn't put it past him to find a way to win in the pros pretty soon too.

Panthers looking very good early in this one, I fancy them to win this well in the end.

While it didn't matter in the end I find it astonishing that the last play before the field goal on that Cowboys drive was called a catch. Very odd officiating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭letowski

Good battle here between the Cowboys Oline and the Panthers Dline. I think the Cowboys really needed a TD there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Carolina got away with a couple of calls there. Keuchly clearly tripping witten and another clear pi on mcfadden would've made it first and goal from the 3. Need to settle for a fg instead.

Dumb call!

• Advertisement

Some serious sweat patches on cam newton!!!

Superb read and int by keuchly.

Wow, Kuechly looked pretty explosive there after the interception.

Superb read and int by keuchly.

The speed of Keuchly!

Another one. Wow

Witten got nailed as well

And another int for Kuechly, if they get some points out of this one it's pretty much over at halfitme.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think people need to give Chip Kelly more time before they decide he is not good enough. I was never too sure that he would make it in the NFL because I believed that his offense was a major key to the success at Oregon. The QB rarely looked past his first read on passing plays and there were plenty of tricks thown in to keep tired defenses honest.

Thing is though the man figured out a way to win at Oregon and I wouldn't put it past him to find a way to win in the pros pretty soon too.

Panthers looking very good early in this one, I fancy them to win this well in the end.

I think I'm In the minority with regards eagles fans but I personally don't want him to be fired/leave either this is a new team that needs time together but watching the offensive play calling week in week out is heartbreaking this offence has and has had a lot of talent. This defence also has a lot of talent on paper we should have a really good team and a coaches job is to bring what your team is on paper or better to the pitch in my opinion. I give chip 1 more year definetly (not even to win the Super Bowl or anything mind just to put consistent good performances out there) if the team is playing this badly at the end of next season then my stance may change hard to say now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Romo must think it's week 17 and they're in a playoff race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Kuechly having a stormer. Defeat here surely ends the season for dallas

Advertisement