Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Munster v Connacht, Thomond Park, Sat 28/11 17:15, SKY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Ape

Controversial call but irish rugby is entering a new era, Connacht to win this... Connacht should go down with confidence

The Ape wrote: »
    Controversial call but irish rugby is entering a new era, Connacht to win this... Connacht should go down with confidence

If Connact win this it would be both terrific for Connacht and in many ways catastrophic for Munster.

Still don't see it happening, the misses has the Munster Scarves out so heading to the pub to watch this all donned in red for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭leakyboots

If Connact win this it would be both terrific for Connacht and in many ways catastrophic for Munster.

Still don't see it happening, the misses has the Munster Scarves out so heading to the pub to watch this all donned in red for a change!

What are these many ways in which it would be catastrophic?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Munster team's in.

Conway; GvdH, Earls, Saili, Amorosino; Keatley, O’Leary; Cronin, NScannell, Botha; DRyan, Chisholm; Stander(c) JO’D, Copeland

O’Byrne, Kilcoyne, JRyan, Foley, Coghlan, Williams, RScannell, Hurley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I thought GvDH was still serving a suspension? Great to see him back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I thought GvDH was still serving a suspension? Great to see him back!

Think it was a two week ban rather than a two game ban.

Good line up, lets hope Earls and Sailli can continue to forge a decent partnership.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

leakyboots wrote: »
    What are these many ways in which it would be catastrophic?

Not sure but the weather forecast for Saturday is certainly catastrophic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Zebo dropped/injured/rested?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Yeah what gives? No mention of an injury in the recent squad update.

Murray out too is a big loss..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Noticing a distinct lack of table in the OP :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I thought a 2 week ban meant two matches so how is GvDH available?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I thought a 2 week ban meant two matches so how is GvDH available?

He was available to play for the A team in the B&I cup, so that counted as week 2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

He was available to play for the A team in the B&I cup, so that counted as week 2.

Ah gotcha! Odd but sure thems the rules

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It is odd. Dan Biggar got a one week ban a couple of seasons back but The Ospreys had no match that weekend so he didn't actually miss any games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Its gas. Munster supporters think this should be a straightforward win and I think this is a straightforward Connacht win. Marmion/aj versus too/keatley is a Connacht win. Pack are as strong as any pack we have and all of them have been rested at some point. Back line is as exciting a line as we have played all year. The only issue is that we are getting light on replacements but we have decent cover for this game and will have many players returning for the Cardiff game. My only worry is the weather playing havoc with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I've not seen much of Marmion or McGinty this year but I'm not too worried about TOL and Keatley. TOL has played well and deserves to be Murray's backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Noticing a distinct lack of table in the OP :P

Here you go

Munster| Position | Connacht
    Andrew Conway|
    |Robbie Henshaw
    Gerhard van den Heever|
    |Tiernan O’Halloran
    Keith Earls|
    |Bundee Aki
    Francis Saili|
    |Craig Ronaldson
    Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino|
    |Matt Healy
    Ian Keatley|
    |AJ MacGinty
    Tomás O’Leary|
    |Kieran Marmion
    James Cronin|
    |Denis Buckley
    Niall Scannell|
    |Shane Delahunt
    BJ Botha|
    |Nathan White
    Donnacha Ryan|
    |Ultan Dillane
    Mark Chisholm|
    |Aly Muldowney
    CJ Stander (capt)|
    |John Muldoon (capt)
    Jack O’Donoghue|
    |James Connolly
    Robin Copeland|
    |Eoghan Masterson
    |Replacements|
    Kevin O’Byrne|
    |David Heffernan
    Dave Kilcoyne|
    |Ronan Loughney
    John Ryan|
    |Finlay Bealham
    Dave Foley|
    |George Naoupu
    Jordan Coghlan|
    |Sean O'Brien
    Duncan Williams|
    |Ian Porter
    Rory Scannell|
    |Jack Carty
    Denis Hurley|
    |Darragh Leader

PHWOAR!

1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Those be two sayyyyerius backlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Those be two sayyyyerius backlines.

Yes indeed, we've all expected serious competition here. We're lucky that the rain prevents any ball to be thrown beyond 2 meters. If the weather were dry, there would have been a risk to see a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

How do people rate McGinty? i wouldnt see him as being a world beater to be honest

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Think it was a two week ban rather than a two game ban.

And people give out about the GAA! :rolleyes:

slingerz wrote: »
    How do people rate McGinty? i wouldnt see him as being a world beater to be honest

Well he only has 2 appearances for Connacht so hard to judge really, one of them was coming off the bench against Treviso and the other was in the bizarre -23 Einisei match where he played the full 80

Seemed decent in the RWC for America

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

slingerz wrote: »

Not been tested yet really. Looks fairly raw to me. Advantage in half-backs to Munster with Keatley quality over McGinty nudging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Well he only has 2 appearances for Connacht so hard to judge really, one of them was coming off the bench against Treviso and the other was in the bizarre -23 Einisei match where he played the full 80

Seemed decent in the RWC for America

What we could already say is that he's a line-threat and love doing last-gasp passes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Haven't met too many Munster supporters who think this is a straight forward win tbh. I think they can do it, and being at home is a help but not a given by any means

A quick glance at Ticketmaster shows that most of the stand tickets are sold...in fact the West stand is almost sold out. South and North terraces shut as usual. It's a perfect kick off time and hopefully the weather allows for a lot of walk-ins on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

vkid wrote: »
    Haven't met too many Munster supporters who think this is a straight forward win tbh. I think they can do it, and being at home is a help but not a given by any means
    Was just trying to rise a few spicy comments :-). Of course it won't be straightforward. Two well matched sides. Should be a ding dong all out battle. How Mcginty plays will have big say on the final result and since nobody sure of what to expect the result is wide open.

• Advertisement

flouncer wrote: »
    Was just trying to rise a few spicy comments :-)

A.K.A trolling?

Could be a close game but Munster should have enough to pull away in the last 20 especially with the stronger bench.

If Keatley fails to take his points it could be a nail biter and will be interesting to see how Earls and Salli manage the Connacht centre pairing which is looking very impressive this season.

Advertisement