Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Munster v Connacht, Thomond Park, Sat 28/11 17:15, SKY

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

"former wrote:
    I suppose the key point is that "probable" introduces a lot more scope for subjectivity into it, makes it much more of a judgement call, so I don't think anyone can say the ref got it "wrong" or that it was an outrageous call.

You could potentially say with a certain degree of probability that this certain instance of possibility was probably improbable.
    But that's probably just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So Henshaw was injured at the end of the game. Hand injury which sees him out for 6 weeks. So he'll miss the Challenge Cup games in December and the interpros after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

molloyjh wrote: »
    So Henshaw was injured at the end of the game. Hand injury which sees him out for 6 weeks. So he'll miss the Challenge Cup games in December and the interpros after them.

and quite possibly a league game away to Scarlets....considering that brings us pretty much to 6 Nations it's a big blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Buckley out for 3 weeks too for them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Haven't read the entire thread but I sincerely hope this has been discussed:

370140.png

The positioning of the Mazda logo makes it look like the players have thongs on.

That's the first thing my OH said when he saw the kit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

molloyjh wrote: »

Ah no! I thought he was immense on Saturday, and it was great to see him at 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

S12b wrote: »
    and quite possibly a league game away to Scarlets....considering that brings us pretty much to 6 Nations it's a big blow.

The only "attenuation" is that he won't be submitted to the IRFU rest scheme I guess, if he doesn't play before 6 nations...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭phog

On the PT, if Conway had received the pass and then knocked on how many here would say he butchered a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Stheno wrote: »
    That's the first thing my OH said when he saw the kit!

He's obviously not a boob man so
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

A penalty try is awarded if a try would probably have been scored but for foul play by the defending team.
    A penalty try is awarded if a try would probably have been scored in a better position but for foul play by the defending team

There is nothing in there about ruling the offending tackler out of the equation.
    Is that a different law or an interpretation of the law?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Full match is up on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭phog

Murray Kinsella provides some analysis on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

RogerThis wrote: »
    There is nothing in there about ruling the offending tackler out of the equation.

It is an IRB directive I'm fairly sure. I've heard it referenced by a couple of refs before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

RogerThis wrote: »

steve walsh explained it to AWJ in a Wales & SA game

2:10 for it

https://youtu.be/2wtYc-PPCCE?t=130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

That's all fair enough. I was just pointing out rules of the game which people had wrong.

I suppose the key point is that "probable" introduces a lot more scope for subjectivity into it, makes it much more of a judgement call, so I don't think anyone can say the ref got it "wrong" or that it was an outrageous call.

Well the rule sucks and needs to be changed if it allows such tries

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

flouncer wrote: »
    Well the rule sucks and needs to be changed if it allows such tries

The law is fine. It's possible the ref has just made a mistake here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 togram

Wt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭twinytwo

consider munster are depending on the money coming for the new batch of 10 year tickets... they would want to get rid of foley fairly quickly or it will be the most expensive mistake they ever make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

twinytwo wrote: »
    consider munster are depending on the money coming for the new batch of 10 year tickets... they would want to get rid of foley fairly quickly or it will be the most expensive mistake they ever make

Axel isn't the problem,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Axel isn't the problem,
    Hmmmm. Munster have a decent backline. But its just bludgeon after bludgeon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Axel isn't the problem,

He's a good coach, but everything I've head about his demeanour is less than positive.

Advertisement