Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Munster v Connacht, Thomond Park, Sat 28/11 17:15, SKY

Options
  • 24-11-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Bit early I know but really excited about this match.
    I think this is where Connacht have a great opportunity to beat Munster in Thomand.
    I also wonder if Connacht win a few in these inter pro's will it be a factor in henshaw going/ staying put.
    I think it will be close

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Stan27 wrote: »
    Bit early I know but really excited about this match.
    I think this is where Connacht have a great opportunity to beat Munster in Thomand.
    I also wonder if Connacht win a few in these inter pro's will it be a factor in henshaw going/ staying put.
    I think it will be close
    If munster didn't have two weeks to prepare for the game and connacht's best player hadn't just got a possible season ending injury then it might have been close. I expect Munster to win by ~10. Also the never ending trip to Siberia won't have helped either.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

If munster didn't have two weeks to prepare for the game and connacht's best player hadn't just got a possible season ending injury then it might have been close. I expect Munster to win by ~10. Also the never ending trip to Siberia won't have helped either.

I say Masterson will go in 7 and can do a job. Would like to see aki and henshaw play their best it could win the game I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I say Masterson will go in 7 and can do a job.
    He's half the player Fox-Matamua is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'd like to think the Munster lineup that would have played in Paris will play on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

He's half the player Fox-Matamua is.

Half the player at 7 maybe, but half the player in general absolutely not. Masterson is one of the real shining lights of the young Connacht players.

When both players have been fit he's been picked ahead of McKeon for No8, and let's not forget that McKeon was part of the Wolfhounds 23 against the Saxons this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

b.gud wrote: »
    Half the player at 7 maybe, but half the player in general absolutely not. Masterson is one of the real shining lights of the young Connacht players.

When both players have been fit he's been picked ahead of McKeon for No8, and let's not forget that McKeon was part of the Wolfhounds 23 against the Saxons this year.
    Masterson is our best No. 8 alright - between him, Fox, TOH and Aki as our player of the season so far
    Plus McKeon is a doubt after the Brive game so we could see Masterson 7 with George 8 or Masterson 8 and Connolly 7

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Masterson is our best No. 8 alright - between him, Fox, TOH and Aki as our player of the season so far
    Plus McKeon is a doubt after the Brive game so we could see Masterson 7 with George 8 or Masterson 8 and Connolly 7

Yeah, I'd go as far as to say that he's our 2nd best backrow player and the only he's not no1 is because Nepia has been unbelievable, and we missed a 7 so much last year that we're delighted to have a proper one.

If you listen to the latest Craggy Island Pat named checked Connolly so we may well see him, otherwise I'd imagine it'll be Masterson at 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Are Connacht going to be wearing that superhero jersey for this match? I see the players were wearing it at the press conference.

Hagz wrote: »
    Are Connacht going to be wearing that superhero jersey for this match? I see the players were wearing it at the press conference.

There hasn't been any mention of it happening/not happening yet so not sure, but if I was to guess I'd say not this weekend.
    Maybe in December and probably at a home game where they'll make a big deal of it

Hagz wrote: »

Here's the photo for anyone who hasn't seen it

CUldWGQXAAAgEmq.jpg:large

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »
    There hasn't been any mention of it happening/not happening yet so not sure, but if I was to guess I'd say not this weekend.
    Maybe in December and probably at a home game where they'll make a big deal of it

Well it looks like I was very wrong about this http://blog.lifestylesports.com/connacht-rugby-to-face-munster-in-a-limited-edition-green-lantern-inspired-jersey/

Munster should win this handily enough. They've had a good rest due to the cancellations and should have a good crowd at home against both another province and the current top table pro12 team.

Connacht with their injuries and history in Thomond could find this to be a bridge to far, albeit I think they are the better coached side and have more exciting talent coming through.

Should be a good game, Connacht will target Earls at centre as a weak point and the Munster line out.

Looking forward to Saturday evening!

Who got injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Munster should win this handily enough. They've had a good rest due to the cancellations and should have a good crowd at home against both another province and the current top table pro12 team.

Connacht with their injuries and history in Thomond could find this to be a bridge to far, albeit I think they are the better coached side and have more exciting talent coming through.

Should be a good game, Connacht will target Earls at centre as a weak point and the Munster line out.

Munster have their own injuries; both senior hookers, POM, TOD and now Murray is a major doubt. GVDH is still suspended so I presume Earls will be on the wing.

Still, you just never expect Munster to lose at home and I don't think this will be any different, I'm looking forward to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Healy is back but Poolman is most likely out.

Can either see :
    15 Henshaw
    14 TOH
    13 Bundee
    12 Ronaldson
    11 Healy
    Or:
    15 TOH
    14 Parata
    13 Henshaw
    12 Bundee
    11 Healy
    Who got injured?

Nepia Fox

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Anyone know a good place in Rome that might be showing the match?

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Healy is back but Poolman is most likely out.

Can either see :
    15 Henshaw
    14 TOH
    13 Bundee
    12 Ronaldson
    11 Healy
    Or:
    15 TOH
    14 Parata
    13 Henshaw
    12 Bundee
    11 Healy

My preference would be the latter, also Niyi put in a good shift last week so he could get the 14 jersey too

Zzippy wrote: »

I'd say they'll have TV's set up in the Sistine Chapel for this one. Would you ever go and enjoy your honeymoon for feck sake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'd say they'll have TV's set up in the Sistine Chapel for this one. Would you ever go and enjoy your honeymoon for feck sake.

She's as interested as I am! Both ST holders... ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Best bet when abroad and want to watch a game from back home is to contact all the Irish bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Finnegans on Via Leonina. I've recommended it on here a few times. It's probably my favourite Irish pub (i.e. not in Ireland). They have all the channels right down to TG4!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭phog

There is/was an Irish pub on via Nazionale off Piazza della Repubblica that might have coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Munster are missing a lot of first team players too but I'm sure you know that. Hurley/saili will be the centre partnership more than likely, it would be shame to take earls off the wing as he's Ireland's best option there at the moment.
    I don't see us winning this handily either should be a very close game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

She's as interested as I am! Both ST holders... ;)

Never let her go...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

http://www.trinity-rome.com/

Watched a Munster match there last time I was in Rome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Camden Town on Via Ostilia. Close to the Collosseum.
    Rugby is their go to sport. Soccer gets the little tv in the corner.
    Lovely spot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Murray won't be playing anyway as they're not risking him with his foot injury

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Murray won't be playing anyway as they're not risking him with his foot injury

Who will be munsters nine now ?

Who will be munsters nine now ?

I'd imagine Tomas O'Leary

• Advertisement

Tickets sorted, this is gonna be my first match in Thomond so really looking forward to it

Advertisement