Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players Championship Finals it4 Friday 27th

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I actually think this is the worst tournament I've watched in years, quality wise. 1 or 2 good performances from the younger players is all

was talking about darts in general

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Come on, young Daryl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Daryl playing well even with the missed darts at doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Super win for Gurney. Well done.

Well done daryl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

monkey9 wrote: »
    Whitlock's my favourite player so i really hope he gets through this somehow. It's been disappointing watching him go backwards the last year or so.

The emotion on his face against wright was amazing, I like the guy as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cmon Mensur!

Well this is hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Looking like mvg Lewis final,both playing decent so could be a good un

Great final, hopp throwing an excellent final leg against the darts

• Advertisement

Well there's another one for mvg. I really hope he wins the world's. He's the best and exciting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

He's looking unstoppable at the moment.

Anderson is nowhere near his best. Lewis isn't consistent enough. A top form Taylor the only one you could really see beating him but that seems very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

jamesbere wrote: »
    Well there's another one for mvg. I really hope he wins the world's. He's the best and exciting to watch.

He's in unstopable form. The ITV pundits were saying afterwards that he's going on holidays for a couple of weeks prior to the world's. He won't even bring a board with him which I find surprising. I suppose given the amount of darts he's played this year a break before the big one is probably needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

You couldn't blame MvG for taking a break. He's been playing a lot of tournaments and going all the way in most. You wouldn't think he could get much better practising so he may as well have a rest.

It's hard to see who will challenge him. You couldn't make a strong case for Wright, Lewis, Taylor, Anderson, Wade etc You'd need to catch MvG on a very bad day to have a chance against him and he's very motivated. He hated losing out to Anderson last year and he knows he's No 1 by a mile and he's out to prove it. Not that there are any doubters!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Would there be any logic in saying that the World Championship scoring system (sets obviously) is a negative for MVG.

Like in leg play he can go from 2-3 down to 8-3 up with an mvg burst and its game over, then close it out to a 10-6 victory.
    Whereas in set play that can equal 2-2. (clearly I've cherry picked a perfect example but it kinda ties in with the way he's been winning games in his recent run).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Would there be any logic in saying that the World Championship scoring system (sets obviously) is a negative for MVG.

Like in leg play he can go from 2-3 down to 8-3 up with an mvg burst and its game over, then close it out to a 10-6 victory.
    Whereas in set play that can equal 2-2. (clearly I've cherry picked a perfect example but it kinda ties in with the way he's been winning games in his recent run).

I'd agree, the set format can stop him racing ahead. It's demoralising to go 4-5 legs behind but you can be hammered 3-0 in a set and it's pnly 1 set and you may well have the throw in the next to get right back in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Like in leg play he can go from 2-3 down to 8-3 up with an mvg burst and its game over, then close it out to a 10-6 victory. Whereas in set play that can equal 2-2. (clearly I've cherry picked a perfect example but it kinda ties in with the way he's been winning games in his recent run).

Sounds logical but I don't think it makes a difference to him, he's got to a semi and two finals in the last 3 World's, and won two World Grand Prix's, which are also over set format.

It work's the same for him, if he loses the first 5 legs, he's still only a set behind.

Advertisement