Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Fri 20 November 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

what ever happened that pair of lesbians who were meant to be the first but forgot to apply 24 hours ahead?

They got married 24 hours later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Not getting much from this song so far. Bit boring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 266 ✭✭Clive Bisquette

Speedsie wrote: »
    Yep, Kenneth didn't stick, but Tony thinks AP lends him gravitas.

Bit harsh there Speedie ..I don't think he called himself AP it's just a racing thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Lisha wrote: »
    It must be tough to go from being an overachiever to being retired.
    Felt sad for him when he said his successes were never enough and was waiting to fail next time. His inner child needs a hug . Sometimes it's simply ok to 'just be' and it makes life difficult when as children we are made to feel never good enough.

One of the reasons he was 20 times champ jockey was the sheer volume of horses he rode, in the back arse of nowhere. Riding far more than any other jockey. In the summer riding somewhere in the afternoon, the off to somewhere in the evening. Then suddenly that stops.

It sounds kinda similar to boxers, when the discipline, routine, goal of their sport goes they haven't a clue what to do.

I think I might re-watch that interview when she comes and sits down spontaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

KungPao wrote: »
    I remember about a year ago people saying the great AP McCoy may be calling it a day. Never heard of him :confused:.

Ah Tony McCoy! That guy I know.

Well he was always down as AP McCoy in the Raciing Post, his official racing name I spose, but was otherwise known as Tony mcCoy. Maybe he's using the professional name now to promote the bewk etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 266 ✭✭Clive Bisquette

Another self indulgent crud....put it to bed pal ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Bit harsh there Speedie ..I don't think he called himself AP it's just a racing thing...

He was called Tony in the racing world for a long time before it changed to AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jesus that's an awful tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Hitchens

sudzs wrote: »
    Well he was always down as AP McCoy in the Raciing Post, his official racing name I spose, but was otherwise known as Tony mcCoy. Maybe he's using the professional name now to promote the bewk etc.
    Apee and Jpee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

ap fierce boring

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »
    One of the reasons he was 20 times champ jockey was the sheer volume of horses he rode, in the back arse of nowhere. Riding far more than any other jockey. In the summer riding somewhere in the afternoon, the off to somewhere in the evening. Then suddenly that stops.

It sounds kinda similar to boxers, when the discipline, routine, goal of their sport goes they haven't a clue what to do.

I think I might re-watch that interview when she comes and sits down spontaneously.

Ya,poor Tubs would have lost his life if she had gone"oh no I'm grand,I'll stay here"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Dunno for sure but his official name in the paper, the racing post, the racing program at the track is AP McCoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Vidjo_Star

Dara "Ehhhhhh before punchline" O'Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Glad to see Dara is on before Brendan O'C

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Dara looks like he should be teaching science in a secondary school. He's not the least bit funny.

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Ya,poor Tubs would have lost his life if she had gone"oh no I'm grand,I'll stay here"!!
    that gap between them on the couch worries me

Teachers must have some amount of spare time on their hands. Here comes Mr. Dara 'I am super intelligent' O'Briain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jluv wrote: »
    Don't know a lot about AP McCoy but he came across as not a nice guy. Very rude to/about his wife..
    smurph10 wrote: »
    AP will be on next year to talk about his separation, clearly doesn't get on that well with his wife. Wouldn't let her get a word in.. Awkward

Yeah there was something off about him and the wife. She sat miles away from him and he didn't make any effort to get any closer as well as making a few snide remarks at her. She seems in love with him though, the way she finds it funny that he still can't cook or use the dishwasher made me think he's a selfish cnut at home and she's so blind she can't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

KungPao wrote: »
    I remember about a year ago people saying the great AP McCoy may be calling it a day. Never heard of him :confused:.

Ah Tony McCoy! That guy I know.

in racing world 80% of the time he is referred to as AP.

his twitter account is referred to as AP even

Dara looks wrecked

• Advertisement

Dara looks like he should be teaching science in a secondary school. He's not the least bit funny.
    ....and we still have O'Cackle to look forward to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Dear god, do we have to play this all out again?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dara's an ex-pat, but his red eyes suggests he's Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Vidjo_Star

A flabby character.

Dear god, do we have to play this all out again?

Yes, for the next decade at least. There will be an hour long documentary at 11pm on New Years eve too, just before we go live to College Green for the annual firecracker display to ring in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Jonny Walters is from Chiswick. I'd say that pub was hopping on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

"building... and heavy drinking..." poor Tubbs feels dhurty having had to even say those words.

Hitchens wrote: »
    ....and we still have O'Cackle to look forward to :(

That is where I will have to take my leave..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That Stephen Hawking and the American accent he puts on.

He has changed since he left Oxford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

There was more life in Stephen Hawking than AP McCoy

Advertisement