Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mario Rosenstock Show 15th November 2015 9:30pm to 10:30pm - RTE One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Easy for Mario tonight. The worse he acts, the more like Keith Duffy he becomes. Anybody else daring to watch tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Easy for Mario tonight. The worse he acts, the more like Keith Duffy he becomes. Anybody else daring to watch tonight?

Miriam is on. Those ones are always the best. Uncanny take off.

Oh man, Steve Wall. Now he is one of my heroes. It's a disgrace that The Stunning never made it big. Joe Wall even had Liam Gallagher's look nailed ten years before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The Stunning's performance of 'Brewing up a Storm' is the only decent thing to happen on this crap show.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Brian Cody sketch is awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mario has gone seriously off the boil, this programme isn't the slightest bit funny or entertaining.

What in God's name are they laughing at ??
    Bring The Stunning back on for the next half hour. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,706 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He should have stuck to the half hour pure sketch show, this format just isn't working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Christ just tuned in, that was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,206 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not watching tonight, last week was enough for me.

I never found him that funny, of course he had the odd funny sketch, when you make so many you're going to hit the target the odd time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

That was just awful.

Oh yes. Heads. Another great song. Great performance. I think they're even better live now than they were twenty years ago.

Pity Derek Murray didnt play the proper solo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Gopi

The Stunning should just play for the hour. Pure class (still!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I hope D'Arcy watches this. Even though the show is shyte, those Ray D'Arcy sketches make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

I hope D'Arcy watches this. Even though the show is shyte, those Ray D'Arcy sketches make it worthwhile.

Darcy himself is painful enough himself on a Saturday night without Mario pretending to be the stuttering, mumbling, irritating bastard on Sunday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,706 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't understand what John Creedon In Space is all about, I don't get it at all?

I think that's Amy Huberman's brother that was the newsreader. I think he's had the "Aongus special" down at the Blackrock Hair Clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Keith is an even worse singer than I thought he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is basically a repeat of the first episode except it's Keith Duffy instead of Louis Walsh. (Only episodes i've watched)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Great show!!...never laughed soo hard...lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

newmember? wrote: »
    Great show!!...never laughed soo hard...lol:D
    No, it really wasnt, its cringe-inducing sh1te, painful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Brian Cody as Freddie Kruger - pissing ourselves laughing here!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

newmember? wrote: »
    Great show!!...never laughed soo hard once...lol:D

Fixed your post for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 18,374 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

coolhull wrote: »
    Fixed your post for ya

Marios programme should be three minutes long like his adverts for that Insurance company. They are funny ads this is not.

He needs a team of writers and new characters. He should also invent chracters instead of focusing just on the same few "famous Irish celebs".

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Marios programme should be three minutes long like his adverts for that Insurance company. They are funny ads this is not.

The show would be at least 5 minutes shorter if they took out the pauses to accommodate the peels of laughter from the braying mules in the audience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

the only funny thing is that rte are paying rosenstock to broadcast this shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Among the lowlights of the last show, the Enda/autocue sketch distinguished itself in its laziness: Taoiseach uses outdated, "down-with-the-kids" slang and has mishap with teleprompter. Presumably they're trying to make a point at how un-hip Kenny is but instead Rosenstock himself looked hopelessly out-of-touch. This would have been stale as f*** 20 years ago. Jesus, it would barely made it onto.. *shudder*... Bull Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Even if you could do a Marty Morrissey impression, the stupid joke is lame. Marty is an ugly man, but he's a lothario and beds a load of women, wow that's so hilarious, my sides are splitting. It's an even funnier joke over and over again! Whatever will be next, a joke about Ryan Tubridy overeating?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Even if you could do a Marty Morrissey impression, ?

Even if you could do a Marty Morrissey impression, why would you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

coolhull wrote: »
    Even if you could do a Marty Morrissey impression, why would you?

sharon on the 6'1 calling bryan dobson "dobbo" was funnier than this shyte

Advertisement