Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mario Rosenstock Show 15th November 2015 9:30pm to 10:30pm - RTE One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

His impressions are getting worse, and he needs a joke writer, badly.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

NIMAN wrote: »
    His impressions are getting worse, and he needs a joke writer, badly.

I think he's doing a fair enough job of writing jokes badly himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,596 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

spock. wrote: »
    That Roy Keane sketch was good

No chance is there real Roy will show up at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Just sitting here with the in-laws watching the repeat. F**k, this is appalling. Wrong on so many levels and funny on none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

When you've got more wigs than jokes you've got a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

When you are so bankrupt that you are playing one week old repeats on primetime Saturday night airtime thats when you have problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Obviously he's realised that he's just a good mimic, but the sketches were witless, and now he's trying to be MEANINGFUL!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ray D'Arcy won't be happy with that sketch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Did you see Francis' reaction when he asked for one word to describe Rob Kearney!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

****ing hell this is some garbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

neris wrote: »
    ****ing hell this is some garbage
    So sorry to see thatMario has run his course. Pure crap, I enjoyed him in the past, but really this is utter tripe. Sorry Mario

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Just watched 4 mins or so. Exceptionally bad. Infantile .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

That Marty Morrissey impression didn't sound the slightest bit like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

The only thing funny in that show was the buzzkill darcy segment. Has darcy nailed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

It's tripe. He even has the gall to do a version of Marty Morrissey the playboy, but his Marty accent is DREADFUL. I think he has given up impersonations and is now a lampooner. Johnny Ireland is a typical example. However if you want to lampoon, the material has to be decent, and in this case, it isn't. Get rid of Ian Dempsey, and put in a better script writer

p.s. the Jeremy Kyle section was the funniest part of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

The Jeremy Kyle part was funny

Marty Morrissey must be fuming with Marios take off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    So sorry to see thatMario has run his course. Pure crap, I enjoyed him in the past, but really this is utter tripe. Sorry Mario

Same here. Cringed my way through about two minutes of 'Marty Morrissey' and Francis. Dreadful stuff, switched off.

Complete rubbish . I didn't laugh once. He's overdone Miriam, Joan , Vinny and Roy Keane !! Done to death .... I had this on "series link" on Sky....now I can't even watch one episode. Why can't he find new material....there must be tons of potential stuff ?

Until he does I'm out :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

I liked his Donal Skeehan one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

anyone chance watching that tripe last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I did like Buzzkill D'arcy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

If there was someone better to write for him (not Ian Dempsey), you could easily get a half hour of a good programme.

Trouble is, Mario is a bit too fond of the smell of his own farts at this stage and seems to think that if it's him doing the impression, it will automatically be funny, whether or not he can do an impression of the person.

He can't do Marty Morrissey and his Vincent Browne doesn't really sound like Vincent. Seriously cringing at the Marty Morrissey segment though, it's easily the worst thing I've seen from him. His Miriam O'Callaghan is good, but he's overdone it so much he's driven it into the ground and it's really not funny anymore. Same with Roy Keane.

He should either develop some new impressions that are accurate, he seems to think that he can throw on a wig and do a few mannerisms and it's enough.

Problem with these sorts of programmes is that there is no one man that can do everyone, it works well when there are a few people doing their strongest impressions. If you could get himself and Callan in the one program, and hire some decent writers, it could be great, but that's not going to happen.

The D'arcy one is great, it's spot on, perhaps because Dempsey and himself know D'arcy well and have him down to a tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Who was the bloke with the bald head, the beard and no moustache ? I didn't understand who he was impersonating there

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Who was the bloke with the bald head, the beard and no moustache ? I didn't understand who he was impersonating there

your average dickhead craft beer drinker, nobody in particular

If there was someone better to write for him (not Ian Dempsey), you could easily get a half hour of a good programme.

Trouble is, Mario is a bit too fond of the smell of his own farts at this stage and seems to think that if it's him doing the impression, it will automatically be funny, whether or not he can do an impression of the person.

He can't do Marty Morrissey and his Vincent Browne doesn't really sound like Vincent. Seriously cringing at the Marty Morrissey segment though, it's easily the worst thing I've seen from him. His Miriam O'Callaghan is good, but he's overdone it so much he's driven it into the ground and it's really not funny anymore. Same with Roy Keane.

He should either develop some new impressions that are accurate, he seems to think that he can throw on a wig and do a few mannerisms and it's enough.

Problem with these sorts of programmes is that there is no one man that can do everyone, it works well when there are a few people doing their strongest impressions. If you could get himself and Callan in the one program, and hire some decent writers, it could be great, but that's not going to happen.

The D'arcy one is great, it's spot on, perhaps because Dempsey and himself know D'arcy well and have him down to a tee.

i cant understand why Ian Dempsey writes for him, Dempsey is anything but funny and I dont think Paul Howard is that type of funny, you are right as you say, rosenstock seems to think he is just funny regardless, he has driven vincent and miriam into the ground and this type of thing just does not work in front of a studio audience, at his live shows most people are well boozed up beforehand so they would laugh at anything, i think mario has had his 15 minutes of fame and his time is now up...

gazzer wrote: »
    Ray D'Arcy won't be happy with that sketch :)

good because he is an arsehole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

The writing is just tripe and the impressions are just the same ones all the time. Watched about 10 mins last night and turned off. Rte as a station are becoming a complete joke. Just keep making show's that are terrible. Republic of telly needed to put out to pasture long ago as well as this tripe. It was shocking stuff. The writing on apres match put's Mariostock show to shame.

If Ian Dempsey is going the writing he should stop as it's total tripe.

The writing is just tripe and the impressions are just the same ones all the time. Watched about 10 mins last night and turned off. Rte as a station are becoming a complete joke. Just keep making show's that are terrible. Republic of telly needed to put out to pasture long ago as well as this tripe. It was shocking stuff. The writing on apres match put's Mariostock show to shame.

If Ian Dempsey is going the writing he should stop as it's total tripe.

yes rep of telly is way past its sell by date, the hardy bucks is about the only thing relatively good on rte at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Alot of Rte's money going on overpaid chat show host's that wouldn't get a gig anywhere else. Rte as a station needs looking into. Where is the money going because i know one thing it's not going on making quality tv.

• Advertisement

Alot of Rte's money going on overpaid chat show host's that wouldn't get a gig anywhere else. Rte as a station needs looking into. Where is the money going because i know one thing it's not going on making quality tv.

you said it mate, both tubbers and darcy on massive money and both are awful presenters that nobody likes, i will tell you where the money is going, its paying all the over inflated salaries for the likes of marion finnucanne and miriam o callaghan and all of their cronies, the nepotism that goes on in RTE, its a cesspit that should be sold off and dismantled, look at how successful tv3 are as a commercial broadcaster, i know they would destroy you with ads but they have decent programming and soon will have the 6 nations and our tv licence ONLY GOES TO RTE, its a laugh

Advertisement