Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Leinster vs Wasps, Sun 15th Nov 2015 13:00, RDS, BTEUR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sun just came out here in Ballsbridge.

Halai, Piutau, Wade vs Kirchner, Madigan, Kearney

Very worrying prospects. Eliott Daly at 13 is very quick also. I think Leinster should hope it rains!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

.ak wrote: »
    Not quite sure why kirchner wasn't shifted to fullback there and we brought in another winger...

I agree; it's a bizarre decision. The obvious choice is Kirchner to FB. Very odd .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I think our back line looks fairly poor now, especially compared to theirs.

I'm not seeing how we win this tbh.

Fairly OTT? Injuries have left the backs pretty bare but 1-10 we're stronger in about 9 of the positions.
    Better pack in that wind is huge. Also we're at home and Wasps are missing key men too. It'll be tricky sure but I never get the incessant negativity around Leinster games.
    This will be a big shock if wasps win

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I agree; it's a bizarre decision. The obvious choice is Kirchner to FB. Very odd .

Yes indeed. Kirchner's best position is FB IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Bringing Marsh into the bench, with Madigan already on the pitch, does that suggest that Johhny isn't fully fit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

vienne86 wrote: »

There was definitely an improvement in his play when he switched to full back last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

vienne86 wrote: »

Not trying to be flippant, but then who goes to wing? MCfadden and then RR at 13? Perhaps more disruption than necessary. (Just playing devil's advocate here).

Or start CK or COS in Europe for the first time. I think Mads at full back creates less disruption than already has happened. Unless I'm missing a combination, than I'll look quite the fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

We have an experienced European winger playing A games atm.....

#bringbackfanj

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I wouldn't want Ringrose starting in a game like this just yet. Daly and that back three are lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

You'd imagine the team have trained all week in specific positions so best to swap only one player out/in than the two/three required to put Kirchner at FB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

Probably trying to not rock the boat too much.

I'm sure they'd be doing something different if Nacewa had pulled out on Monday but this soon it makes sense to stick to what they've prepared as Much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Back-line looks terrible. Any sort of win will do today. But it will be no shock if Wasps win.

NiallBoo wrote: »
    Probably trying to not rock the boat too much.

I'm sure they'd be doing something different if Nacewa had pulled out on Monday but this soon it makes sense to stick to what they've prepared as Much as possible.

Exactly. I'd say Madigan prepared all week to replace at 10 or 15. Marsh then become the obvious choice so that Madigan can focus on FB and not need to worry about closing the game out at 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Madigan is a decent full back. No concerns about him really. Just too many "decent" players in the backline as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

13/5 for the Wasps win... shall I do us all a favour and stick on a fiver? (I never win, you see).

Anywhere quiet with decent food in or near newbridge to watch the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think our back line looks fairly poor now, especially compared to theirs.

I'm not seeing how we win this tbh.

Far better half backs for one thing and a much stronger pack

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

Anyone know if it's possible to watch this on an iPhone without a BT subscription?

• Administrators Posts: 53,564 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

5 mins to kick off but it seems like a terrible crowd

What the f**k is Drico wearing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

awec wrote: »
    5 mins to kick off but it seems like a terrible crowd

Yeah was thinking that myself.

In saying that I'm not sure our game with Sarries is a sellout either next weekend. I'm not sure we've (Ireland) fallen in love with the Champions Cup yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

cant watch this any radio coverage?

Looks almost full to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

bilston wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking that myself.

In saying that I'm not sure our game with Sarries is a sellout either next weekend. I'm not sure we've (Ireland) fallen in love with the Champions Cup yet.

Is it seen as different to the H cup?

Errr pick the bones out of that penalty award someone please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yes, and it is.

Loving that from Piatau (with my Ulster hat obviously)

Surely offload was forward.

Well it's the same players playing the same game but the whole political battle has left a bad taste in the mouth for many. A couple of big campaigns by the provinces will soon remedy that though.

• Advertisement

I'd say Madigan enjoyed getting outside wade there.

Advertisement