Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show - November 14th ****(10:20pm)*****

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

padd b1975 wrote: »
    The BAI will make a judgement in due course.
    If it's ruled that Ray overstepped the mark, the judgement and it's reasons will be read out before a show.

What will happen to Ray? Very little publicly.... Although a slap on the wrists in private should be in order.
    If it can be resolved first between the complainant and rte it won't go to bai iirc.

Edit. Freudian slip. I had written tv3 above. It was like trash tv (aka tv3)! I expected more from rte.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Anyone here send in a complaint?

dunno....i reckon his team and RTE were in on it....looked like an attempt at being edgey!! eg "Stacked" who even uses that word....clearly it was a well thoought out i'll conceived attempt at a set up piece.

17/18 year old used say it approx 18 years ago. So the production/writing team are obviously aged mid thirties but their brains are still in their mid teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

amdublin wrote: »
    17/18 year old used say it approx 18 years ago. So the production/writing team are obviously aged mid thirties but their brains are still in their mid teens.
    and even with a whole team the best they could do was "you were in stacked? huh .....Stacked ....huh huh .....gettit ....stacked.....huh huh"

and even with a whole team the best they could do was "you were in stacked? huh .....Stacked ....huh huh .....gettit ....stacked.....huh huh"

It may have been planned that he say it different. But because he did not write it or "believe" in it or "own it" (as the americans would say) it came out worse.

For example, Graham Norton has come out with plenty of "naughtiness" and innuendo on his show. But because he owns it, and it is a natural thing to him (i.e. you know he believes it, you can see him saying it), plus he says it with a naughty twinkle in his eye it comes across fine.

Ray Darcy, Graham Norton you are NOT. RTE, do you hear that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

amdublin wrote: »
    It may have been planned that he say it different. But because he did not write it or "believe" in it or "own it" (as the americans would say) it came out worse.

For example, Graham Norton has come out with plenty of "naughtiness" and innuendo on his show. But because he owns it, and it is a natural thing to him (i.e. you know he believes it, you can see him saying it), plus he says it with a naughty twinkle in his eye it comes across fine.

Ray Darcy, Graham Norton you are NOT. RTE, do you hear that?
    you can imagine Norton having the same craic off camera.....also you can imgine darcy off camera grovelling saying "not my fault....not my idea....not my idea....do you like porridge?"

you can imagine Norton having the same craic off camera.....also you can imgine darcy off camera grovelling saying "not my fault....not my idea....not my idea....do you like porridge?"

It wasn't his idea to do the jack Nicholson thing either. He'd want to cop on and either start saying no to stupid ideas or "owning them" when he doesn't say no.

It wasn't his idea to do the jack Nicholson thing either. He'd want to cop on and either start saying no to stupid ideas or "owning them" when he doesn't say no.

Advertisement