Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better late than never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Well done denis, congrats on the PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Week 4/12 Recovery Week 5th - 11th December

Did not appreciate how tired I was until I hit the mid part of the week. Nothing too dramatic and just turned over the mileage nice and handy as prescribed.

Monday 5th Dec:
    Rest Day

Tuesday:
    11km aerobic with 2 sets of 4x200m (jog return) with 4 mins jog recovery run between sets. Had only roughly measured the distance using GPS in a park. Not a good idea and they were a little short but I was meeting the required 44-45 sec split pace.

Wednesday 7th
    10 km aerobic run. Averaged 5.33/km. Legs felt tired and achey at the end of this.

Thursday 8th
    Rest day

Friday 9th
    10.13km Aerobic run at 5.30km average. Kept to HR 135-145 with last 2 km at 5.12 and 5.06/km. Surprising.

Saturday10th
    5km Recovery. Kept this in the 125-135 range. Very slow and ideal reflection time.

Sunday
    10km aerobic run. Went at the easy end of my hr range for full recovery.

Beginning to think about running priorities for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Hard to know where to start here but as you can see there is a gap in my training log and its time to get started again. Sometimes that is all you can do. I have got to know some really good people on boards and have enjoyed their company and support over the last 2 years. Before I get out there again I want to let people know that tragically we lost our youngest child (17 years old) in mid December. It is important for me to acknowledge the loss but to also remember our wonderful shared experiences, including running and hill walking. We had a very rewarding journey and are so proud and honored of having the opportunity to love someone so much.

As evidenced on so many illuminating logs on boards the joys and troubles of life cannot be separated out from what we do here. I will continue to run but will be careful for now. There will be better times ahead.

22nd December
    7.4kms at 5.35/km. Aerobic run.

24th December
    7.4kms at 5:33/km Aerobic Run.

25th December
    5kms at 5:37. Recovery run.

27th December
    10.3kms at 5:21/km.....a burn off of sorts.

28th December
    5 km at 5:43/km Recovery Run. Very tired so made this a handy one.

29th December
    Rest Day

30th December
    Went out without a plan and met another runner on Griffith Avenue. Chatted for a km and was inspired to keep up the pace and make this into a tempo run.
    7km at 5:01/km.

Take care out there folks and enjoy what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

So sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

So sorry for your loss Denis, take care of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Oh Denis :( I'm so sorry to hear your tragic news. Take care of yourself and if you ever need some company on a run, or a coffee & chat don't hesitate to shout x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Very sorry to hear that bad news, I hope you are all supporting each other as best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Denis my heart goes out to you and your family. So sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Oh Denis, so very sorry to hear that news, you must be heartbroken. Mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Denis, that is truly awful news. Condolences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Oh Denis, I'm so utterly sorry for your loss and what your Family are going through. Sincere condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Denis, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts with you and your family, take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Denis can't imagine what you're going through heartbreaking to lose a child so sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Denis, when I heard about this tragedy a couple of weeks ago my heart went out to the family involved. Until now I didn't know that family was yours. I truly am sorry for your loss. My thoughts remain with you and your family. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

I am so sorry, Denis, to hear this terrible news. :( Take care of yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'm so very sorry to hear this Denis, my thoughts are with you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

Sorry for your loss Denis. My thoughts are with you and your family. Paul

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,370 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Very sorry to hear that Denis. Know someone who lost a family member under 30 quite recently. I've never been in that situation myself, can only imagine what it's like for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Denis.....sincere condolences to you and your family. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. The death of a child is life's cruellest twist. Take care x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

So sorry to read this, Denis. Take care of yourself xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Heartbreaking news Denis. Take care of yourself and your family. So very sorry to hear of your loss. Can't imagine what you are going through. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Very sorry to hear of your loss Denis. It puts all our running related complaints into perspective. Look after yourself, and hope to see you back on the roads in the not too distant future. J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Only reading now Denis, so sorry for your loss, can't contemplate what you
    are going trough, but our thoughts are with you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

My family is thinking of yours Denis, such terrible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

So sorry for your loss Denis. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

No parent should ever have to bury a child, it's cruel beyond belief. I'm so very sorry for your loss and that of your family Denis. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Denis, sincerest condolences, I'm heartbroken reading this. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

So sorry to hear that news Denis, I can't even imagine what you and your family have had to go through. Take care and I hope you find some solace somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Denis, I heard this terrible news about a family in the area early Xmas week, it was only a couple of days later that my wife mentioned the parents names..... I was genuinely shell-shocked with the immediate realisation that the family in question was yours. I can't even begin to imagine the heartbreak you're going through. You've very much been in my thoughts this Christmas.

If you ever feel like a bit of company on a local loop, pls do let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Very sorry to read this terrible news. Deepest condolences to you and your family Denis.

Advertisement