Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Sham Nov 7th 2015AD

Options
167891012»

Comments

Ah Aslan when they last have a hit ? they were crap then and they are worse now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Rockin' like I always do. You can see the Slash/Eddie Van Halen inspiration in my playing.

Shame there wasn't an extended middle eight so you could really rock out! You looked like a natural.

They could have delayed Westlife for a bit while you mimed to Jump and November Rain.

One big gig in the Phoenix Park and then gone - Donie and Pope John Paul II

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    Shame there wasn't an extended middle eight so you could really rock out! You looked like a natural.

They could have delayed Westlife for a bit while you mimed to Jump and November Rain.

One big gig in the Phoenix Park and then gone - Donie and Pope John Paul II

Pope John Paul didn't share a dressing room with Girls Aloud, though.

Well, I say "share"...they used it about half an hour later, and I hadn't accepted I needed glasses at that stage.

By the time they turned up I was sitting at the outside bar, all I could see was a bit of a blur and what I believe were some very nice legs.

But I still feel we made a connection.

(This probably is enough to get me on the LLS someday. If only Niall Horan was around at the time.)

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Pope John Paul didn't share a dressing room with Girls Aloud, though.

Well, I say "share"...they used it about half an hour later, and I hadn't accepted I needed glasses at that stage.

By the time they turned up I was sitting at the outside bar, all I could see was a bit of a blur and what I believe were some very nice legs.

But I still feel we made a connection.

(This probably is enough to get me on the LLS someday. If only Niall Horan was around at the time.)

I would watch that interview! Tell them you almost got electrocuted or something. That'll grab their attention.

If I was asked to mime at something like that I would probably go nuts and try to go all Michael J Fox from Back To The Future and rock out waaaaay over the top before being dragged off stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    I would watch that interview! Tell them you almost got electrocuted or something. That'll grab their attention.

If I was asked to mime at something like that I would probably go nuts and try to go all Michael J Fox from Back To The Future and rock out waaaaay over the top before being dragged off stage.

We got several free beer tokens as payment.

I'm planning to go with the Ireland's dependence on alcohol approach.

The misery slot will get me the most screen time.

(Aerosmith on BBC4!)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Buffalo Bill, silence of the lambs

heh, anyone watching Mad City on BBC2?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,021 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ray to Caprice: He was your 'prince' in shining armour....,

The mind boggles that this man is the best we have for a Sat nite show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

walshb wrote: »
    Ray to Caprice: He was your 'prince' in shining armour....,

The mind boggles that this man is the best we have for a Sat nite show.

If Ray was still on Today FM and someone else was presenting this crapola he'd be savaging it on Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

CTPqtpZXIAEDfjU.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

So having taken a day to digest what we saw last night, I think the show has to go and spend the money saved on showing some decent films. Ray had two excellent guests on last night; Jim Sheridan and Vincent Browne.

Both of them are interesting and have plenty to say, its not as if they are on trying to desperately plug some book or new film. both interviews were bad, he keeps interrupting, can't let them continue with a story and can't keep a proper flow going. the way he ended Sheridan's interview by saying @I hope you can come back and continue this chat' says it all.

I don't hold any real hope for him, he's been on the TV for years and has been interviewing all sorts of people on radio for a couple of decades as well, so its not as if he's new to the job.

He's not even good with the 'celebs', Caprice is a bit mad and any decent interviewer would get something good out of her. So that bit doesn't work either.

D'Arcy also needs to realise that Sheridan and Browne needed more time and that there was no need for Fred Cooke, even before he did that humiliating thing with that woman.

He's supposedly on €500,000; €300,000 for the radio show and another €200,000 for TV (no idea if these figures are true, that's what was bandied around when he signed the contract and RTE like to keep their wages like a state secret).

But he is a waste, I'd like to see the viewing figures, the viewer profile and the ad revenue.

I doubt any of it is anyways exciting. A bit like the programme really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

It won't be axed, they will at least keep it for one or two seasons. Remember that guy who said "I imagine they're holding crisis talks at RTE right now", they are in their holes. They're congratulating themselves on a "job well done" over a bottle of champagne. People in positions like that rarely acknowledge or admit mistakes even to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

yeah caprice was actually quite funny on her own, it just needed a tactful host to keep the interview and laughs flowing. Instead you have big sharpp interruptions from ray.

Brendan O'Connor was on form when talking about the Web Summit debacle in Sunday's paper
    Looking back now, you wonder if this has been Sharon Ni Bheolain's sole purpose in life. Was she inserted into RTE all those years ago as a sleeper, just waiting for this moment? Was she some class of a Manchurian candidate who would be triggered by the sight of Daire Hickey at the Web Summit? Daire clearly got more than he bargained for as Sharon asked him basically why we were all expected to pay for bus tickets for the millionaires who have presumably made Daire and Paddy Cosgrave millionaires.

He goes on to get in a dig at Tubridy
    Clearly recognising that it had been a smart move to pull out of the Sharon Ni Bheolain interview, Paddy subsequently pulled out of The Late Late Show too. And that was despite Tubs playing Kofi Anan by heading down to the Web Summit and appealing for peace and love and an end to wing-clipping.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/brendan-oconnor/ireland-reaches-peak-summit-34179550.html

He should be doing one of the big RTE weekend gigs. I don't know what his new show is going to be like but I would bet good money it will be better than Ray Darcy's bizarre rude incoherent car crash ramblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,021 ✭✭✭✭walshb

yeah caprice was actually quite funny on her own, it just needed a tactful host to keep the interview and laughs flowing. Instead you have big sharpp interruptions from ray.

I noticed that too. She was quite engaging and intersting, yet he managed to make it as dull as dishwater. Unreal. He is just so scripted and disjointed. He actually does make Tubridy look like a pro, and for me Tuibridy is a crutch!

Advertisement