Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Sham Nov 7th 2015AD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

His singing voice is blacker than Ali Campbell of UB40 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Hackney, mon. :pac:
    Id like to dig this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Was just thinking, whatever happened to Finlay Quaye?

Here you go

Shame to see this
    Nineties pop star Finley Quaye has been filmed being booted off stage during a performance so shambolic that the promoter told him to 'go home' just 30 minutes in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3159378/Watch-Nineties-pop-star-Finley-Quaye-booted-stage-30-minutes-bad-promoter-asked-stop.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

God, I hate Joe Duffy. Ireland's greatest hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

SKETT wrote: »
    Dear Maverick Sabre,

You are not Rastafarian. Thank you, that is all.
    Lisha wrote: »
    Where is he from?

Wexford. A well-known centre of Rastafarian culture.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I find it absolutely sickening that Mary Lou, Peader Tobin, Pearse Doherty say "Gerry tells me that he wasnt in the RA, and I believe him" and people still vote for them.

I 100% understand people's frustration with the current and last governments, and I also understand why people might not want to vote for independents. But I swear- and I vote in EVERYTHING I have the constitutional right to- if all I had left to vote for was Sinn Féin, I'd either not vote at all or spoil my vote. They'll never get my vote. Not while they keep covering for Gerry Adams, and not while they have their unrealistic economic policies. Anyone on an even half decent wage would be taxed to the hilt, and the middle would get squeezed down to the bottom. No thanks. Things are bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

He should team up with Sinead O'Connor and sing Rastafarian rubbish together

• Registered Users Posts: 72,224 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

'The Thick Of It' followed by 'Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle' on GOLD right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Where is he from?

He's one of the Tubercurry Sabres. Sure you know his sister Mairead Sabre? And little Jonjo Sabre?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Tommy Tiernans wife has her own show now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Woah, where's Aidan Gillen? Why's Other Voices on?

Yeah, what gives? The music is ****e in the kind of way that you know you're supposed to like it, justike 90% of the stuff on Other Voices.

Darryl is back in the band :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Once you've seen Rastamouse on CBeebies, life is never the same again.

That's probably what happened to Maverick Sabre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Skid X wrote: »
    Once you've seen Rastamouse on CBeebies, life is never the same again.

That's probably what happened to Maverick Sabre

Quaaal-at-eee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I find it absolutely sickening that Mary Lou, Peader Tobin, Pearse Doherty say "Gerry tells me that he wasnt in the RA, and I believe him" and people still vote for them.

He can never admit that he was while he is leader of the party. The TDs you have listed know that he was a member but Adams has complete control of that party. He hasn't had a single leadership challenge since he took over the reigns decades ago. Questioning him isn't a goer at all.

Holy hell, Imelda Mae Show again?

If she gets a few quid every time this is on, she never has to rockabilly again.

The tape must be nearly worn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

If she gets a few quid every time this is on, she never has to rockabilly again.

Goggle box. E4.

That is all.

Quaaal-at-eee

Heh heh

Me like dat, Lisha.

Berserker wrote: »
    He can never admit that he was while he is leader of the party. The TDs you have listed know that he was a member but Adams has complete control of that party.

I absolutely understand the reason for him lying about his membership of the RA but the unfortunate part about it is, his lie forces every other shinner to lie for him. But it doesn't seem to bother any of their voters so why would it bother them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

I think VB has passed his peak and is now just grumpy, cynical and rarely funny.

I thought Brown was very comfortable during that interview. He realised he was speaking on the national broadcasting station and on a number of points his pronouncements were testimental.

• Advertisement

Aww, wat's happenin' baybees.

Are we dooin raasta now, mon?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,226 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Is there two series in fact? I don't think they're just repeating one over and over again.

Aww, wat's happenin' baybees.

Are we dooin raasta now, mon?

Yorkshire, Rasta - we is covering allt' dem bases this weekend, I tell thee

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Me can't get me head round this sh*t, mon.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Is there two series in fact? I don't think they're just repeating one over and over again.

There was a series two during the Summer

This is the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

I absolutely understand the reason for him lying about his membership of the RA but the unfortunate part about it is, his lie forces every other shinner to lie for him. But it doesn't seem to bother any of their voters so why would it bother them.

I'ld try rewriting that last line to make a bit of sense of it if I was you.

Did you never hear of the "party line"?

Just watching Aslan there a minute ago.

I met them about ten years ago...long story short a lad I used to jam with knew them, and they were trying to promote/manage a new singer. They needed some lads to mime at a gig in the Pheno. Met them once in Thursday. This was on Sunday...

That's me in the blue tshirt, clearly too nervous to bother raising the mic to my height!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AcxTsWVzKP8

Edit: Mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Maverick Sabre's affliction

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_slang
    It is also factual that there are various forms of "London Slang". Slangs spoken in multi-cultural areas of London such as Brixton, Lewisham, Peckham, Harlesden, Stonebridge, Hackney, Tottenham, Enfield etc. incorporate many other terms which other areas do not use or often catch onto much later. For example, terms such as: "Cah" = 'Cos = Because - e.g. "Cah di mandem wanna fly up North today." = "Because all of us want to go to North London tonight."

The large number of immigrant communities and relatively high level of ethnic integration mean that various pronunciations, words and phrases have been fused from a variety of sources to create modern London slang. The emerging dialect draws influences from Jamican English and other Carribbean speech.

Just watching Aslan there a minute ago.

I met them about ten years ago...long story short a lad I used to jam with knew them, and they were trying to promote/manage a new singer. They needed some lads to mime at a gig in the Pheno. Met them once in Thursday. This was on Sunday...

That's me in the blue tshirt, clearly too nervous to bother raising the mic to my height!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AcxTsWVzKP8

Edit: Mon!

:)

Lovin' your work Young Ol' Donie !!

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    :)

Lovin' your work Young Ol' Donie !!

Rockin' like I always do. You can see the Slash/Eddie Van Halen inspiration in my playing.

Advertisement