Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rollins Injured. Out 6-9 months

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was thinking that another option they could do, seeing as they are short on star power, would be to give Jericho a call. He tends to come back for Mania season anyway in some capacity so he might be open to that. I don't know what his schedule is, though.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Why can't wrestling people pronounce niche right? I've heard Triple H pronounce it as nitch as well. Is it an American thing? Normally different pronunciation quirks don't bother me, but niche as nitch...come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Why can't wrestling people pronounce niche right? I've heard Triple H pronounce it as nitch as well. Is it an American thing? Normally different pronunciation quirks don't bother me, but niche as nitch...come on!

It is an American thing, in certain parts, as I'm aware. Annoys me so much to hear nitch, bastardising the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

bastardising French, yes.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    bastardising French, yes.

Such a nice language and they want to crap all over it.

Les gobshítes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Nitcher Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Interview with Seth on WWE.COM. http://www.wwe.com/inside/seth-rollins-interviewed-about-knee-injury

WWE.COM: It has been a crazy few days for you, how are you feeling physically and emotionally?

ROLLINS: You know, overall, I think I’m in a pretty good spot. Physically, my knee doesn’t hurt. Like, one thing people don’t understand, a common question is, “How much pain are you in?” The ligaments don’t have nerve endings, so, that’s a good thing and a bad thing, but I don’t feel any pain, it’s just a lot of instability in the knee capsule. So, I’m doing a lot of compression to kind of reduce the swelling and stuff like that. Emotionally … could be better. Obviously it’s a tough spot to be in. I’m mostly just looking forward to getting the surgery done and getting better every day.

WWE.COM: If you could, walk us through the injury. How did it happen?

ROLLINS: Let’s see, we were in Dublin, Ireland, first night of the tour and I was in the main event. I was setting up to do something I’ve done a million times — flipping over my opponent while he was standing on the second [rope]. I landed underneath him and then picked him up for a Powerbomb. And for whatever reason, I just landed on the inside of my right foot, instead of flat with my feet and my knee gave. If you’ve seen the video, you know it looks pretty graphic. It didn’t feel as graphic though. It just felt like my knee dislocated and then kind of popped back in. So, I hustled back up and got underneath, made sure my feet were steady and delivered the Powerbomb. Then, I did a self-evaluation real quick to see what was going on. I realized my knee was pretty unstable and noticed that it felt like it was flopping around. I didn’t feel like I had a lot of control under it. I was able to move around enough to finish the match, hit a Pedigree and get the win. Afterwards, I just laid there and [tried to] figure out what was going on. Again, I wasn’t in a whole bunch of pain, I just felt like my knee wasn’t right. I wasn’t really sure of the extent of the damage until the next morning when I got the MRI.

WWE.COM: So, all of that considered, would you classify the injury as a freak accident?

ROLLINS: You know, it’s one of those things, that yeah, it’s a bit of a freak accident, but I was just talking to a friend of mine, who is a physical therapist and may be doing the work on my knee moving forward, and he kind of summed it up as a “complex accident,” as in, there are a lot of factors that led up to it and not just a freak thing, you know? And that’s just part of me going as hard as I have for as long as I have.

WWE.COM: Looking to the future, what are the next steps here in terms of recovery? You mentioned surgery is scheduled; will that be taking place in the coming days?

ROLLINS: Yeah, I head to Birmingham, Alabama on Sunday for a consultation on Monday and then Dr. Dugas will perform the surgery, which will basically be the reconstruction of my knee, on Tuesday. Then the journey begins and we start rebuilding the machine, if you will.

WWE.COM: Do you have a timetable on when you can begin rehabbing?

ROLLINS: Nowadays, rehab begins minimally the day and week of. Working on range of motion, working on stim machines, ice and getting inflammation down. So I’m going to be doing whatever I can as far as that’s concerned. We’ll see. You kinda gotta listen to your body and see what it gives you, but yeah, definitely as soon as I can get in there and start moving around.

WWE.COM: To transition, what do you see as the future of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship? Is there any Superstar you would like to see win it?

ROLLINS: No. You know, for me, over the last seven months I really put my stamp on that title as mine. I’ve defended it against literally everyone that has come at me and done it successfully, so for me to have to vacate the title like that, I’m not afraid of whatever happens at Survivor Series. Whoever happens to come out with the championship, as far as I’m concerned, they’re an interim champion and kind of just holding on to my title until I get back. They can look at it however they want, but for me, I’m the best and I’ve never lost my title. So, when I get back, I plan on picking up where I left off.

WWE.COM: Any thoughts for, or to, the WWE Universe as you begin this process?

ROLLINS: Well, you know, for someone who is as universally despised as I am, I was pretty overwhelmed with the amount of love that I received from all of the fans in the WWE Universe. All of the well wishes and, just in general, all the concern that everyone had for me as a person and as a performer. So, I don’t do this very often, but I would like to extend a thank you to them. Their support means a lot to me and it’s going to go a long way in my recovery and help me mentally get back to where I was at. So yeah, it’s very interesting to see how quickly people’s minds can change when it comes to something like that — it says a lot about the human condition. I'll be back stronger and better than I was before. That's a guarantee. You ain't see nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

briany wrote: »
    WWE creative has buried wrestlers. Many of the matches that Cena has had with the likes of Owens or Rusev have been very good. He certainly hasn't tried to make anyone look bad in their losing to him.

Well I meant it as a figure of speech, though if it is to be believed he did play a big part in burying the Nexus, who had loads of potential. I'm sure there's others he refused to lose to aswell.

I'm not a Cena hater by any means, I like the guy. But WWE have messed up big time by not developing any other stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I was thinking that another option they could do, seeing as they are short on star power, would be to give Jericho a call. He tends to come back for Mania season anyway in some capacity so he might be open to that. I don't know what his schedule is, though.

Is he worth a damn anymore though?

I know he probably has meant well over the years but when you never win, people are never going to take you seriously.

None of his recent returns have really done much bar a few initial pops sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Have Damien Sandow come out as Seth Rollins until he comes back! :pac::pac:

This way Sandow gets a push and a readymade feud for Rollins when he comes back !!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Is he worth a damn anymore though?

I know he probably has meant well over the years but when you never win, people are never going to take you seriously.

None of his recent returns have really done much bar a few initial pops sadly.

As a title holder, no. I wouldn't have him get a title run. But I think he would provide a bit of star power and be a useful addition on house shows.

On that point, consider that the people of Cardiff the other evening had to be subjected to a main event that involved Kane vs The Big Show. :eek:

I'd have been tempted to leave early.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

What happens when WWE can no longer drag Lesnar/Taker/Cena out? Who is going to make them money? People can give out about Cena all they want but ultimately he did get over naturally with his Thugonomics gimmick. Reigns isnt getting over very organically, so I don't see him being THAT guy. Nobody else has really gotten a push so I don't think they have a plan B. What's the thought process between only pushing one guy?

What happens when WWE can no longer drag Lesnar/Taker/Cena out? Who is going to make them money? People can give out about Cena all they want but ultimately he did get over naturally with his Thugonomics gimmick. Reigns isnt getting over very organically, so I don't see him being THAT guy. Nobody else has really gotten a push so I don't think they have a plan B. What's the thought process between only pushing one guy?

Don't think their is one really. Bryan could have been the guy to carry the load if not injured,but you would have to go back a long way to find a roster with less star power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

As a title holder, no. I wouldn't have him get a title run. But I think he would provide a bit of star power and be a useful addition on house shows.

On that point, consider that the people of Cardiff the other evening had to be subjected to a main event that involved Kane vs The Big Show. :eek:

I'd have been tempted to leave early.

Jericho already works house shows, although he didn't do the European tour (probably because Fozzy have a European tour themselves starting next week). But he has worked a lot of house shows this year and is happy with the arrangement and not having to be on tv and deal with creative. He is also the most popular guy at the house shows which is interesting because he's only the only guy not on tv, which doesn't say a lot for their tv shows in terms of making people popular. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jericho already works house shows, although he didn't do the European tour, not sure why. But he has worked a lot of house shows this year and is happy with the arrangement and not having to be on tv and deal with creative. He is also the most popular guy at the house shows which is interesting because he's only the only guy not on tv, which doesn't say a lot for their tv shows in terms of making people popular. :D
    Fozzy seem to be touring at the minute.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

On Jericho, if he was going to end up main eventing (or close to it) up to mania then great. If he wasn't in an important role his name value would just fizzle out after a couple of weeks like RVD or Dudley Boys.

The heel Jericho that faced Michaels, fought with Batista for the World Belt could help Reigns alot. Could be just what Owens needs if he was face.

Anyone brought back would need to be working important storylines with the guys WWE will depend on post mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Why is it when a top star goes out, people nearly always automatically clamber to bring the back the old star instead of someone else on the roster? I get it, it is all about ratings but doesn't put much faith in the current group of superstars. They'll need to up their game of course, I just really dislike hearing people talking about Jericho, the Rock or anyone else coming back during this time.

Ruu wrote: »
    Why is it when a top star goes out, people nearly always automatically clamber to bring the back the old star instead of someone else on the roster? I get it, it is all about ratings but doesn't put much faith in the current group of superstars. They'll need to up their game of course, I just really dislike hearing people talking about Jericho, the Rock or anyone else coming back during this time.

Because WWE have ****ed up nearly everyone on the roster already that the only option is to bring in top guys from the past.

The sad thing is, they're even starting to ruin them. And I won't listen to arguments that "it's their own fault they can't get over" when the creative is so utterly terrible that they would never have the chance.

DM_7 wrote: »
    On Jericho, if he was going to end up main eventing (or close to it) up to mania then great. If he wasn't in an important role his name value would just fizzle out after a couple of weeks like RVD or Dudley Boys.

The heel Jericho that faced Michaels, fought with Batista for the World Belt could help Reigns alot. Could be just what Owens needs if he was face.

Sadly though he was somewhat protected back then, current Jericho never wins, I actually think it would hurt Reigns if he was in any sort of competitive feud with him. He meant well I suppose, but man he should have protected his character somewhat over the years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ruu wrote: »

The advantage of an older Wrestler who has proven their ability to take part in an engaging story is it stops WWE possibly needing to run through feuds between the younger guys and keep something for the future (excluding the major bonus helping the other guy grow, get over).

For example a Jericho or the already returned Del Rio could have helped keep Cena and Rollins apart more and left something for them to return to down the road

As its stands its going to be hard to keep all of Owens, Ambrose and Reigns apart. Any two from those three could headline mania against each other some day. it would be a shame to see them in a feud now that takes away from a future feud that could be massive and sell. The fact the injury keeps Rollins and Reigns apart protects a major feud so maybe its not so bad that they may need to use one of the possible feuds from those three guys.

Basically, Owens v Ambrose today would be great but a Jericho or HHH v Ambrose or Owens now could be good and help keep something for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Rollins had surgery yesterday. WWE sent a camera crew to film it. Be warned - some of it is very graphic. http://www.wwe.com/inside/seth-rollins-surgery-photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

As someone who's had ACL surgery I can honestly say I feel for him. It's a long long road too get back too where you used be.i didn't have any of the other injurys he has either. I can honestly see it taking him 9 months plus too recover

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The pop when he comes back will be massive. Hopefully it's a surprise return.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is a show for the WWE Network right there "The rehabilitation of Seth Rollins"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

J. Marston wrote: »
    The pop when he comes back will be massive. Hopefully it's a surprise return.

Lillian: "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome... Seth Rollins!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Am I the only one who finds returning as a babyface from an injury a bit cliche?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

mxph3 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds returning as a babyface from an injury a bit cliche?

*Turns off "Beautiful Day" by U2 and sadly walks away*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Gutted for Rollins.

And for it to happen at a house show just goes to show to take nothing for granted.

Regins to win at SS with Sheamus cashing in.

Advertisement