Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rollins Injured. Out 6-9 months

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the injury was really Bray's fault since he was controlling Kane. How else could he have been in the match?

Could we get another attempt at pushing Cesaro? Could be in the tournament at least. Guessing him, Owens, Ryback, Ambrose, Reigns, Bray, Ziggler, Barrett/Sheamus and Del Rio.

People keep saying Del Rio is a heel but I thought he was meant to be a face?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

PTH2009 wrote:
    If it's a fatal four way for the title I'd go with reigns, Ambrose, Orton and a returing Cena with Cena winning and then sheamus cashing in

Orton is out for months as well if I'm not mistaken. That's what makes the Rollins injury such a blow, especially with Cena taking time off. I wouldn't be surprised if Cena returns sooner than was planned. Another option is to bring Finn Balor up.

A real shame about Rollins though as I was interested in his match with Reigns.

Playing the fantasy booker, what I think might happen now is that Reigns will win the tournament at Survivor Series. There will be pyro, confetti, etc. Then his friend Ambrose will come down, hug him, raise his hand - and then lay him out. He beats on him and beats on him and finally leaves...cue the Sheamus cash-in who ultimately walks out as the champion.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »

He's been fighting faces, so I think he's a heel. Its typical WWE; the guys preaching racial tolerance are the bad guys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

If Bryan isn't passing their medical clearance criteria, there's no way in hell that Angle is.

Here's who I can come up with of guys who could possibly get clearance and they might view as being big enough to plug a gap:
    Batista (why is he never getting mentioned at all anymore?)
    Jeff
    Mysterio
    Lesnar (presumably would cost an absolute fortune though)
    Del Rio
    RVD
    Jericho
    Goldberg
    Shawn Michaels

On the upside for Rollins, there was a fair chance the next few months were going to result in him being knocked down the card a fair bit and his run as champion didn't do much to consolidate his stature as a top guy. Considering how much they depended on him to fill up TV time, this could really work out in his favour in the long term.

I think nobody is discussing Batista is because nobody thinks it is that realistic, he must be swimming in money after Bond, why would he bother going back to the E?

Jericho and RVD aren't worth anything anymore, Del Rio zzzzzzz, although the others I could see the appeal of, even if some are more realistic than others.:)

Can't see it, they need something for the upper mid card and the Wyatts fit that perfectly. They're on their own story atm with Taker/Kane

Doesn't really suit their gimmick either, last thing Bray needs is to be Steph's lapdog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I think nobody is discussing Batista is because nobody thinks it is that realistic, he must be swimming in money after Bond, why would he bother going back to the E?

Jericho and RVD aren't worth anything anymore, Del Rio zzzzzzz, although the others I could see the appeal of, even if some are more realistic than others.:)
    Isn't he still contractually bound to the WWE to some degree? Doubt he's swimming in money but he'd definitely be doing well enough that WWE would be foolish to use him to plug a gap, but returning to help make Mania in Dallas a huge spectacle is surely possible.

They aren't, but I was trying to really scrape the barrel there, was contemplating including Lashley!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,086 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Would the internet break if Punk was on Raw Monday night as HHH's golden boy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

CastorTroy wrote: »

Well it's a continuation of Zeb Colter's xenophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Batista was in one of the biggest movies of 2014 with GOTG and 2015 with Spectre and is signed up to the GOTG sequel. I'd say he'd consider himself too big for WWE right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yes, as well as grown men's voices all across the world.

I'm sure he'll come back in a couple of years time. Nobody ever stays away, no matter how bitterly they left. He's only got one or two MMA fights in him at his age, and he could earn great money on a part time deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Isn't he still contractually bound to the WWE to some degree? Doubt he's swimming in money but he'd definitely be doing well enough that WWE would be foolish to use him to plug a gap, but returning to help make Mania in Dallas a huge spectacle is surely possible.

They aren't, but I was trying to really scrape the barrel there, was contemplating including Lashley!

Batista doesnt need wwe, and i think he's alright for a few bob to, he was in guardians of the galaxy, he'll be in another guardians soon enough, then possibly avengers, and hes just done bond, plus if things are that bad, that they need Lashley, well then they are finished and vince should pack it in.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Batista was in one of the biggest movies of 2014 with GOTG and 2015 with Spectre and is signed up to the GOTG sequel. I'd say he'd consider himself too big for WWE right now.

The Rock wasn't too big, and he's as A-list as they come. It doesn't make sense for Batista to return yet though, but he said in an interview last week he'd be very open to the idea of coming back just for house shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Reigns for a heel-turn at SS ala Rock 98?!!??!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Kind of fitting that one of the worst booked title reigns ever ends this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »

Read an interview the other day pretty much saying creative was crap when he came back and promises made to him were broken in his last run. He said if he was to come back hed like to do what jericho is doing and do house shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Split from the news thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

So this is Seamus cashing in after a SS tournament, Devitt immediately coming up from NXT to challange?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭iamthestig

I'd like to see Owens join the Authority and become top heel with Balor coming up and maybe joining Kane and Undertaker against the Wyatts. A Reigns heel turn could work well if it was against Ambrose sinc Ambrose is over. but that's my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

They need to take advantage of this & have Triple H lay into Rollins on Monday; talk about Rollins letting him down, how he's clearly not cut out to be the face of WWE, how The Authority has had his replacement lined up for months waiting to strike etc etc. That way we go into Survivor Series knowing something major will happen, whether its a significant turn, return or debut, somebody is going to walk out of the show as the biggest heel in the company and I think people would tune in to see who & how.

Plus it would make Rollins' return feel huge as he has a score to settle with Triple H & the replacement, plus chasing the championship that he never lost. Terrible injury to happen, even worse timing but it could be the making of a babyface star in Rollins if WWE handle it well.

Also, has the title ever been vacated while Mr Money in the Bank still hadn't cashed in? Would like to see Sheamus argue that he should be champion by default since there's nobody to cash in on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah first a Rollins face turn due to HHH tearing in to him verbally and then have Sheamus come out to cash in MITB on a crippled Rollins.. could get some nice heat for Sheamus if he's going to be champ.. have Sheamas continue to beat him down and bring Reigns out eventually for the save

• Registered Users Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭briany

A tournament at SS to crown a new champ? Why does this ring a bell?

Somebody at WWE get Duane Gill on the phone quicksmart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He's injured afaik and also under contract to UFC and is also still going through his Bret Hart phase of sulking about being shafted by Vince and Hunter.

No, not under contract. His deal last year was extended for another PPV match - this was apparently facilitated by the Guardians of the Galaxy people who had been booked for PR.

I think you should watch this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

Will triple H ever just feck off! Rather him to retire than the big show.

booooring! wrote: »
    Will triple H ever just feck off! Rather him to retire than the big show.

He's the last person in the entire company I'd want to retire. The perfect heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

martyos121 wrote: »
    He's the last person in the entire company I'd want to retire. The perfect heel.

Best for business, the emotion, the passion.

This ****e is going on far too long. He can take Stepahnie with him. He's not even a heel, he's just plain annoying repeating the same crap over and over again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll agree on Steph at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Aww look at Dave Batista sounding all actory, trying to be all humble and intelligent sounding. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reigns as top heel would make sense now and meeting Brock at Mania.

Ambrose could be in the final against Reigns and get screwed by his best friend. While WWE will probably Di the opposite, the Ambrose kept backing up Reigns during the Wyatt feud he would get more sympathy if he was the one losing out.

If they keep Reigns face I would like to see him in the final against Owens, Sheamus cash in during the final as a throwback to Rollins winning the belt. Then Owens and Reigns fight over who gets to kill Sheamus eventually leading to a triple threat at the Rumble. It would be a good taster of a longer feud Owens and Reigns could have in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

price690 wrote: »
    Aww look at Dave Batista sounding all actory, trying to be all humble and intelligent sounding. :P

Other than the rock he's already had more success on the big screen than pretty much any other wrestler! GotG is a huge franchise and James Bond speaks for itself.

If Cena hadn't buried so many wrestlers this wouldn't have been that much of a disaster as we would've had a lot more established stars but now I'm really not sure what they can do that won't be terrible. If they get in old timers the matches won't be any good and if they get in NXT people the character development won't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭briany

Other than the rock he's already had more success on the big screen than pretty much any other wrestler! GotG is a huge franchise and James Bond speaks for itself.

If Cena hadn't buried so many wrestlers this wouldn't have been that much of a disaster as we would've had a lot more established stars but now I'm really not sure what they can do that won't be terrible. If they get in old timers the matches won't be any good and if they get in NXT people the character development won't be there.

WWE creative has buried wrestlers. Many of the matches that Cena has had with the likes of Owens or Rusev have been very good. He certainly hasn't tried to make anyone look bad in their losing to him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, in fairness to Cena, it's not his fault that there is zero follow up to anyone he feuds with. Not even and follow up, nothing. It's what happens after people fight Cena is the main issue.

Advertisement