Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rollins Injured. Out 6-9 months

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Losing a top heel isn't the same disaster that losing a top face would be so they'll let Cena have the time he booked.

Bit of thought is all that is required to find a new top heel at Survivor Series, and a tournament is the perfect way to do it. Look at how The Rock came out of Deadly Games.

Disaster anyway and a shame, but I'm sure Seth will come back stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sheamus and Becky to be buried for Dublin doing this to Rollins?

Seriously though, crap news. I wonder if they'll keep him off all the time or will he be someone who makes regular appearances?

Is he going to appear on Raw and hand over the title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/seth-rollins-out-6-9-months-knee-injury-201056

"One WWE source noted that some phone calls are likely already being made to some very big names".

Could be exciting times!

Angle surley!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Shane M89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sheamus and Becky to be buried for Dublin doing this to Rollins?

Seriously though, crap news. I wonder if they'll keep him off all the time or will he be someone who makes regular appearances?

Is he going to appear on Raw and hand over the title?

It ait Dublin's. Fault mate this happens !

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sheamus to cash in on the vacant title on RAW next Monday....lol. He'll be involved in some way shape or form I have no doubt though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Wouldn't put it past HHH booking himself to win the belt and feud with Reigns. What other top heel do they have? Owen is great and although I would love to see him as champ one day, they haven't built him up to main event level yet. Ambrose turning heel and joining The Authority would make no sense. Reigns turning and joining them would be good but they need a top face with Cena out. Rollins injury truly is a disaster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is there anything to be said for a Big E title run? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yes! A million times yes! If anyone on the roster actually deserves a title run based on how over they are, it's someone from the New Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Would love to see Balor to be brought up as the new golden boy for the authority but slim chance id say. But def think Reigns needs to go heel

Reigns has finally been getting some good reactions in the last couple of weeks. Vince is desparate for him to be the next John Cena so I'd say there is no chance of him turning Reigns heel now when he's starting to get over.

If he did turn it would leave them very light on the babyface side; Ambrose would be the only full timer that could main event. Well they are light on the heel side as well but do they have more options with Alberto Del Rio, Bray Wyatt (and probably Braun Strauman soon enough in Vince's mind), Kevin Owens, Rusev and Sheamus with the briefcase.

Then again there's always Kane and Big Show.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lord TSC wrote: »

....but all three of them are recognised as champion, Freebird style. Book it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Angle surley!
    If Bryan isn't passing their medical clearance criteria, there's no way in hell that Angle is.

Here's who I can come up with of guys who could possibly get clearance and they might view as being big enough to plug a gap:
    Batista (why is he never getting mentioned at all anymore?)
    Jeff
    Mysterio
    Lesnar (presumably would cost an absolute fortune though)
    Del Rio
    RVD
    Jericho
    Goldberg
    Shawn Michaels

On the upside for Rollins, there was a fair chance the next few months were going to result in him being knocked down the card a fair bit and his run as champion didn't do much to consolidate his stature as a top guy. Considering how much they depended on him to fill up TV time, this could really work out in his favour in the long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

Big Show and Ryback to main event wrestlemania!

Del Rio's already back. :D

Think we'll definitely see Jericho involved now.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

booooring! wrote: »
    Big Show and Ryback to main event wrestlemania!

Big Show vs. Kane in an iron man match.

Big Show vs. Kane in an iron man match.

I'd rather see them in an Ironing match.

The European Tour just started so who is going to replace Rollins there and all the other house shows for the next month or two?
    Having to cancel the big Survivor Series main event.
    Plans for WrestleMania completely overturned.

Big mess for WWE!

The European Tour just started so who is going to replace Rollins there and all the other house shows for the next month or two?
    Having to cancel the big Survivor Series main event.
    Plans for WrestleMania completely overturned.

Big mess for WWE!

Still not as bad as Hulk Hogan in their eyes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Bray and his Wyatt clan will be the Authority's new golden boys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Bray and his Wyatt clan will be the Authority's new golden boys

Can't see it, they need something for the upper mid card and the Wyatts fit that perfectly. They're on their own story atm with Taker/Kane

Yeah what is the main event going to be in Cardiff and going forward on this tour? Kane vs Big Show. I'd want a refund.:P

• Advertisement

Pinkman wrote: »
    Yeah what is the main event going to be in Cardiff and going forward on this tour? Kane vs Big Show. I'd want a refund.:P

Jaysus I just checked on twitter and Kane vs The Big Show IS in fact the new main event.:D It just sums up how badly they have build new talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Imagine the reaction if Sheamus had cashed in last night. Know it would only happen at a ppv but MITB is suppose to be anywhere anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paddy_Mski

Id say he could have strapped up and been thrown into a few tag matches. That main event would seriously piss alot of people off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Paddy_Mski wrote: »
    Id say he could have strapped up and been thrown into a few tag matches. That main event would seriously piss alot of people off!

He won't be able to stand never mind wrestle. He's made a serious mess of his knee.

How much worse is the injury now due to him choosing to carry 330lbs of Kane across the ring? As Wade Keller said it could have only been a 3 month injury and due to that huge amount of weight he put on it could have made it significantly worse.

For those at the show did Rollins do any other moves after the power bomb through the table spot as from the short clips it looked like Kane kicked out of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can't see it, they need something for the upper mid card and the Wyatts fit that perfectly. They're on their own story atm with Taker/Kane

Maybe reveal Stephanie as the real Sister Abigail? Like when Vince did his "It was me, Austin!" thing.

An File wrote: »
    Maybe reveal Stephanie as the real Sister Abigail? Like when Vince did his "It was me, Austin!" thing.

I thought the plan was for Sister Abigail to be Bo Dallas in makeup?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Bray not the top heel now unless you count HHH if he goes back in ring

Wyatts have taken Kane and Taker, WWE could show some footage of them taking a Seth lookalike :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Awful way for a title reign to end especially given how poorly he was booked. But he was always a face playing the heel role so his turn is done now for his return.

• Advertisement

In regards to Seth handing the title over on Raw, does anyone remember when Edge tore his pec in 2007 and had a segment where he had to hand the title over to Teddy Long? That was an unbelievable promo, and it absolutely made him IMO, and he was an even better heel when he returned a few months later. I'm hoping Seth has a similar moment on Monday, I like his promos but there's no bite in them, you can tell they're carefully worded and scripted. I'd love to see him tear into everyone on Monday and shoot to an extent, he'll be huge when he comes back.

Advertisement