Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Delighted with this final. I'm not too sure about this, but I think they've only played each other in two major finals, and Phil winning both? 2013 worlds and 2014 matchplay?

I think phil will win tonight anyway, I kind of hope he does too although il just be happy to see a good final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Going for MVG hattrick at 13/10, I don't think Taylor will be able to stay with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Devastator wrote: »
    Going for MVG hattrick at 13/10, I don't think Taylor will be able to stay with him.

MvG looks like a man on a mission...on form he'll pulverise Taylor but if theere is anyone who can live with him it's Phil but I don't think he'll stop MvG tonight.

There's Taylor...2-0...already making MvG think and start trying too hard. 3-0....only Phil could have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's hilarious seeing Taylor be cheered to the rafters - a real underdog cheer.

An MVG revival is inevitable so this match is shaping up nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Mvg buckling so far

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Strange game so far, Taylor the much better player but his doubles have been really poor.

Reverse jinx worked

Taylor as good as handed MvG the last few legs. He was fortunate as it didn't look like he was capable of playing his way back into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Typical Van Gerwan. Taylor going along nicely and then all of a sudden MVG just rails off a few legs in minutes and you're 8-7 down from 7-3 up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

monkey9 wrote: »
    Typical Van Gerwan. Taylor going along nicely and then all of a sudden MVG just rails off a few legs in minutes and you're 8-7 down from 7-3 up.

Was more to do with Taylor missing doubles then unreal play from MVG though. Taylor is throwing this away, MVG isn't even playing well and leads.

The shouting after every 140, 180 or checkout always bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

MAKE HIM SIGN THE BOARD

The best player won the tournament but Taylor still spooks him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Phil is not a happy man at all at all.

Phil is not a happy man at all at all.

Nor should he be. Threw it away tbh. He had him, but missed too many doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

Taylor's just an ass. Complaining about mvg jumping about. Taylor's been known to do it himself on many occasions. Delighted to see mvg win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

jacko wrote: »
    Taylor's just an ass. Complaining about mvg jumping about. Taylor's been known to do it himself on many occasions. Delighted to see mvg win.

I hate that with Taylor, sore loser. I can get that mvg jumping around can be annoying but Taylor does it some many times himself.

Mvg is a really nice fella, met him twice and I think he's a top bloke. Delighted he won

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

jamesbere wrote: »
    I hate that with Taylor, sore loser. I can get that mvg jumping around can be annoying but Taylor does it some many times himself.

Mvg is a really nice fella, met him twice and I think he's a top bloke. Delighted he won

I've said it before Taylor could learn a lot from Wolfie in how to conduct oneself win or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I've said it before Taylor could learn a lot from Wolfie in how to conduct oneself win or lose.

Exactly, Adams enjoyed himself but also acted very professional. Taylor isn't exactly getting any younger, he should be enjoying himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

jamesbere wrote: »
    Exactly, Adams enjoyed himself but also acted very professional. Taylor isn't exactly getting any younger, he should be enjoying himself.

Jazus this Adams love in is starting to get on my t1ts, tis easy to enjoy yourself and appear professional when you're exceeding probably even your own expectations!!

For the record I think Taylor is the biggest knob in darts.

TbL

Jazus this Adams love in is starting to get on my t1ts, tis easy to enjoy yourself and appear professional when you're exceeding probably even your own expectations!!

For the record I think Taylor is the biggest knob in darts.

TbL

Whatever all the PDC lovers thought Wolfie wouldn't cope with the crowd, He stopped them in their tracks after 1 leg and by the end of his run they were loving him. Ask Ted hankey did he enjoy himself at the GSOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Whatever all the PDC lovers thought Wolfie wouldn't cope with the crowd, He stopped them in their tracks after 1 leg and by the end of his run they were loving him. Ask Ted hankey did he enjoy himself at the GSOD.

Yes he did very well and fair play to him, but my opinion of him is based on his years of anti PDC bull**** (and I'm not a PDC lover, just like darts, any darts). I don't like extremists full stop. Pity there isn't just one darts body.

TbL

Yes he did very well and fair play to him, but my opinion of him is based on his years of anti PDC bull**** (and I'm not a PDC lover, just like darts, any darts). I don't like extremists full stop. Pity there isn't just one darts body.

TbL

Fair point, BDO need to get their best players at the GSOD, seemingly Durrant is playing very well at the moment.
    However James Wilson who was no 1 last year has made no impression on the PDC circuit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Taylor let Mighty Mike off the hook tonight.

Should have had him buried, doubles really seem to be his problem over the last year or so.

Delighted with mvgs win..and the fact Taylor hates it is even better..there plenty of footage of Taylor doing far worse than what mvg does..

Taylor just can't take it when it's his turn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Is there a more odious cretin in sport than Taylor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Delighted with mvgs win..and the fact Taylor hates it is even better..there plenty of footage of Taylor doing far worse than what mvg does..

Taylor just can't take it when it's his turn

It just shows how incredibly up his own ass he really is...taylor is almost worse than MVG at times for jumping around... hate the way the interviwer was begging him for a few words aswell.

Delighted to see him beat and i like the fact that MVG isnt changing his celebrations after certain players moaning about it...funny its always after they get battered that it becomes a problem. Phil can claim he got wound up by the celebrations but lets not pretend it had any bearing on the result...he got beat even with MVG's average dropping 5-6 pts from the semi.. if MVG had played like the quarters and semis taylor wouldnt have got 10 legs.

What is wrong with Taylor, he can't hit doubles or big scores when it really matters. It's almost as if he buckles under pressure. I know thats a ridiculous thing to say about the greatest player ever but he just can't keep get over the line in important matches anymore.

Discusting to see him almost blame MvG, and great to see Michael just brush it off and enjoy his moment. Michael reached every major final this year, hope he can keep it up for another few months because he deserves to be the world champion again.

• Advertisement

Also, Sky spent the whole off the after match chatting to talk about how good Taylor is. Showing the images of Michael lifting the trophy and yappin on about Phil. Really annoying.

Advertisement