Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kogrady

Does anyone know who calculates any fees due using standard international postage ? Is it still revenue or has that also been handed over to anpost, because in my experience in the past, revenue always wrote out for the invoice and calculated it corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Damien English on RTÉ there discussing the EU’s disgraceful behaviour yesterday threatening to trigger article 16. He goes on to brag about how well we’ve dealt with any import and customs issues with the UK and how everything is going swimmingly.

Might be worth sending him a tweet telling him of your experience with Address Pal alone, I won’t be ordering from them again, nor from the UK.

https://twitter.com/damien_english?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Fwarder wrote: »
    Damn. I made first two orders from AddressPal USA and now they're showing up as delivered to AddressPal (last week) but still no word of processing.

I'm not sure it's OK for them to not deliver it in 3 weeks :/

P.s. with AddressPal UK you get charged 6.50 when they get the parcel and then you get charged customs once the parcel reaches Dublin

My parcel arrived in NJ on 11th Jan and left on the 25th Jan but hasnt arrived in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Athasselabbey

Has anyone gotten an actual reply from ecommchargequery@anpost.ie? Or any money back? Isn't been over two and a half weeks since I sent an email because of an over charge of vat and customs and nothing back, its crazy

Car99 wrote: »
    My parcel arrived in NJ on 11th Jan and left on the 25th Jan but hasnt arrived in Ireland yet.

My parcel arrived in Dublin today in case anybody is wondering about current USA processing times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

My parcel arrived in Dublin today in case anybody is wondering about current USA processing times.

Not consistent , My parcel was delivered the same day as yours in the US , It was delivered to me a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

I have received the following reply regarding a magazine which I believe should be 9% not 21%

"We are experiencing delays with our enquires due to revised working arrangements as a result of Covid 19 and Social Distancing requirements set out by the HSC guidelines.

The 16-day return timeline is not applicable while your item is being held for revaluation.

The enquiry below is being processed and a reply will be forwarded to you in due course"

• Registered Users Posts: 8 agzr

paulie1983 wrote: »
    I have received the following reply regarding a magazine which I believe should be 9% not 21%

"We are experiencing delays with our enquires due to revised working arrangements as a result of Covid 19 and Social Distancing requirements set out by the HSC guidelines.

The 16-day return timeline is not applicable while your item is being held for revaluation.

The enquiry below is being processed and a reply will be forwarded to you in due course"

How long did it take for you to get that reply?

agzr wrote: »
    How long did it take for you to get that reply?

One week, emailed on the 20th received a reply on 27th and my tracking number hasn't been updated since the 26th.

I dont mind paying the correct amount of VAT but the handling fees and delays it just isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 agzr

paulie1983 wrote: »
    One week, emailed on the 20th received a reply on 27th and my tracking number hasn't been updated since the 26th.

I dont mind paying the correct amount of VAT but the handling fees and delays it just isn't worth it.

Just received the same auto reply there about 4 days after emailing. In the same boat aswell, don't mind paying the vat but they've whacked me with 20 odd quid of handling charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hi all, first time using addresspal for a small package from the UK

Receive
    a text this morning...

Hi, AddressPal parcel received for XXXX XXXX. If expecting an item, email APW & invoice to addresspalenquiries@airbusiness.com. Quote XXXXX/XX

Logged into address pal site and there's nothing adding under "transaction details".
    FAQ didn't have anything either and I haven't received an email.

I'm always apprehensive about vague text messages. I searched back through the thread but didn't see anything comparable from posters.

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Giggernaut wrote: »

Receive
    a text this morning...

Hi, AddressPal parcel received for XXXX XXXX. If expecting an item, email APW & invoice to addresspalenquiries@airbusiness.com. Quote XXXXX/XX

Logged into address pal site and there's nothing adding under "transaction details".

I'm always apprehensive about vague text messages. I searched back through the thread but didn't see anything comparable from posters.

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks
    G

Is the "received for XXXX" bit a name rather than an AddressPal ID?

Maybe they've received one with the name intact but the ID missing, and they're texting everyone with that name to see if anyone is expecting anything?
    Think something similar has been mentioned before.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

MOH wrote: »
    Is the "received for XXXX" bit a name rather than an AddressPal ID?

Maybe they've received one with the name intact but the ID missing, and they're texting everyone with that name to see if anyone is expecting anything?
    Think something similar has been mentioned before.

The XXXX XXXX bit is my name and the second XXXX/XX is a reference code

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

addresspal received my UK item on jan 26th( it had been delivered to the beacon on the 20th) . on jan 27th i got an email detailing the duties to be paid which were pretty accurate. i paid on the 27th and my package is still sitting in heathrow according to the tracking. hasn't moved in 6 days after payment. way too slow.

Giggernaut wrote: »

Receive
    a text this morning...

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks
    G

If a package arrives for say a Paddy Murphy but no addresspal number. They will contact everyone called Paddy Murphy and ask them if they are waiting for something and will ask what is it so they can match it up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

bb12 wrote: »
    addresspal received my UK item on jan 26th( it had been delivered to the beacon on the 20th) . on jan 27th i got an email detailing the duties to be paid which were pretty accurate. i paid on the 27th and my package is still sitting in heathrow according to the tracking. hasn't moved in 6 days after payment. way too slow.

VAT should only be charged on arrival into the state. The Exchange rate changes on the 1st of the month, so they shouldn't be working out the charges in like that. Mind you, looking at some of the other stuff they are doing, it wouldn't surprise me if they are doing this incorrectly as well. I would say it is in Dublin since 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AmyMay

Addresspals customer service line kept dialling out today (tried multiple times over the morning).
    I got in contact with Comreg to dispute the two parcels addresspal have had since 1/12/20 and 7/12/20 seeing as it has been over 40 days with no resolution.
    Interestingly Comreg have told me that technically Addresspal are not providing an active postal service within the country and to take it to CCPC.
    It would be a different story to file a complaint against An Post.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me.
    Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

TimHorton wrote: »
    Not consistent , My parcel was delivered the same day as yours in the US , It was delivered to me a week ago.

Did you guys get prompt update on arrival in US depot? Have an item delivered to them nearly 10 days ago. No notification from them, no reply to ticket raised.

copacetic wrote: »
    Did you guys get prompt update on arrival in US depot? Have an item delivered to them nearly 10 days ago. No notification from them, no reply to ticket raised.

Got Notified on the 16th.It arrived there on the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Ordered 2 items, 1 in UK and 1 in USA

UK order - received in Hatfield 27th January, processed on 30th January, delivered today 2nd February

USA order - received in NJ 21st January, processed on 28th January, still no update / not yet in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 AmyMay

My missing items from Hatfield from the beginning of December have never turned up. It has take from the 19th of December until today for them to admit liability and say they cannot find the items, despite a previous conveniently timed email claiming they had one but it was missing my personal details. If this was a false claim aimed to just to keep me content for another few weeks that is outrageous.
    I did end up CC’ing many board members in order for them to admit this and not send me another email fobbing me off. The complaints system they have in place is just a circle that yields no results. I’ll update you if I receive the full value of the goods.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

I had a package delivered to AddressPal USA in Englishtown on the 19th Jan

Processed by An Post and tracking label issued on the 27th Jan

Got the text/email today 3rd Feb for the customs due (no tracking update)

Just adding it here for those who might search, the text on my bank statement for the customs payment was 'MLCLUS' , paid through the An Post website at https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Receiving/Pay-Customs-Charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Got a vat request online this morning and assuming it was a packet I had already received and paid for, I declined to pay it. Now I'm wondering if if it relates to another parcel I'm expecting from Canada :eek: The trouble is there is no way to reverse the decline decision once it is sent to Revenue.
    Really . this is a weakness in the entire Addresspal online platform. If you have 4-5 parcels arriving together its easy to get confused between all of them.
    Is there an email adress that I can appeal to. I don't want the goods returned to Canada !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^
    I believe the courier AP would have requested the payment.
    Emai or Phone them?
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/contact-us

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Spocker wrote: »
    I had a package delivered to AddressPal USA in Englishtown on the 19th Jan

Processed by An Post and tracking label issued on the 27th Jan

Got the text/email today 3rd Feb for the customs due (no tracking update)

Just adding it here for those who might search, the text on my bank statement for the customs payment was 'MLCLUS' , paid through the An Post website at https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Receiving/Pay-Customs-Charge

Laptop delivered to Englishtown NJ on the 20th Jan. Signed for with tracking from UPS. Not processed by An Post (yet anyway) and absolutely no notification or tracking of any type. No response to e-mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

Hi
    When you have something sent to the UK addresspal hub
    do they always ask you to send on the invoice or do they try and just come up with the value themselves?
    And if they just come up with a value themselves how are they coming up with this?

Hi
    When you have something sent to the UK addresspal hub
    do they always ask you to send on the invoice or do they try and just come up with the value themselves?
    And if they just come up with a value themselves how are they coming up with this?

If there is no invoice they use the "Anglo Method"

Fitzgerald asks how the figure of €7 billion was arrived at:

Just, as Drummer [CEO David Drumm] would say, ‘I picked it out of my arse’.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

TimHorton wrote: »
    If there is no invoice they use the "Anglo Method"

Fitzgerald asks how the figure of €7 billion was arrived at:

Just, as Drummer [CEO David Drumm] would say, ‘I picked it out of my arse’.

is it more common for them to pick a random value than send you on a email
    asking for the invoice?

is it more common for them to pick a random value than send you on a email
    asking for the invoice?

Random Value , They Vauled my $700 Item at $100 so worked well for me.

• Advertisement

My parcel arrived in NJ on 11th Jan and left on the 25th Jan and arrived in Dublin on the 31st Jan in case anybody is wondering about current USA processing times.

Parcel finally delivered on the 2nd of Feb. I wont use address pal for quite a while into the future I think.

Advertisement