Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There is an english language version of amazon.de. I have bought from it before.

Other than that, a lot of amazon products aren't sourced from the uk so not sure how amazon will be affected. Seen no info about it from them either
    Under new EU regulations, non-EU companies like Amazon UK will be able to register to charge VAT (and duty if applicable) at source for shipments to EU countries (much like they do at the moment charging us Irish VAT) so should be able to continue to sell to here as they do now.

Might be a bit of a disruptive gap before that comes into effect though (1st July next I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Quackster wrote: »
    Under new EU regulations, non-EU companies like Amazon UK will be able to register to charge VAT (and duty if applicable) at source for shipments to EU countries (much like they do at the moment charging us Irish VAT) so should be able to continue to sell to here as they do now.

Might be a bit of a disruptive gap before that comes into effect though (1st July next I think).

Amazon already charge Irish VAT (that's why the price goes up at checkout)

Amazon already charge Irish VAT (that's why the price goes up at checkout)
    Yes, that's what I said. And that will end on the 1st January next. This new EU Regulation, when it comes into effect, will allow them, as a non-EU retailer, to do similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Parcel wizard announced they will cease to provide virtual address for NI after Jan 11th, and guessing PM will be the same, out of interest what benefit would using AP would have, aside few items that dont ship directly to ire, as seems there wont be any way to avoid customs charges, once brexit happens.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yes, that's what I said. And that will end on the 1st January next. This new EU Regulation, when it comes into effect, will allow them, as a non-EU retailer, to do similar.

I don't know how it works exactly, but companies are already doing this. Buy something off amazon.com and you can pay the tax ahead of time, same with eBay, I don't see why it would be any different for this when brexit happens

• Advertisement

I don't know how it works exactly, but companies are already doing this. Buy something off amazon.com and you can pay the tax ahead of time, same with eBay, I don't see why it would be any different for this when brexit happens
    Yeah, true. Had forgotten about that. I guess Amazon UK could do the same for shipments to Ireland come January.

AFAIK, what this involves is entering into arrangements with specific couriers to cover the costs the couriers would incur customs-clearing their goods so there is no cost-on-delivery to the end consumer. Couriers still have to pay charges to customs on arrival in destination country but the tab is picked up by Amazon/eBay as they charged the consumer at source what they estimated it would be.

This new EU system, Import One Stop Shop, will allow non-EU based companies to VAT-register in an EU country, charge VAT at source on products shipped into the EU and pay that directly to Revenue and the likes. Parcels then bypass customs on arrival in the EU which should significantly speed up delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Mod <snip> already posted on previous page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

That's er..dpd

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kennage

Just ordered something from Amazon with address pal, amazon money came out staight away, when do address pal charge? I used them once last year & can't remember how it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Daibheid

What’s the best approach to get a missing parcel tracked down?
    I’ve used Uk collection at local post office four times in the last month or so. Two parcels arrived albeit after nearly two weeks each and one has gone missing. Nov 3rd I contacted them by email AddressPalSupport@AnPost.com and got a response (bot like) and reference number and then nothing. A follow up email with the reference number got no response.
    Got on the phone and after about a twenty minute wait got someone in the UK who didn’t have access to the case number but gave me another email address which supposedly is the actual parcel centre in the UK. AddressPalCustomerService@airbusonline.com No response.
    Tried another email to both the centre and the original support email - nothing.
    Started over using a different email address, got another reference number despite quoting the first ref I was given and a request for details of the missing parcel. Duly provided and yes you e guessed it. - nothing.

The parcel was not delivered signed for and unlike Parcel Motel, they don’t email on receipt if you opt to collect so no record of them receiving it.
    But they haven’t even bothered claiming not to have received it, they just don’t respond. I switched to this service to try support my local Post Office but it’s catastrophically bad so far.
    Anyone had similar experiences as it looks like the fourth parcel may also be gone missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Kennage wrote: »
    Just ordered something from Amazon with address pal, amazon money came out staight away, when do address pal charge? I used them once last year & can't remember how it worked
    While since i used them too,might be more now as parcel wizard are finishing.
    Don't you just log in to your account with Address Pal on line then make a payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kennage

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    While since i used them too,might be more now as parcel wizard are finishing.
    Don't you just log in to your account with Address Pal on line then make a payment.

No Idea? I ordered on Amazon with my AP address & I've got my card linked to AP but no money was taken

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

Kennage wrote: »
    No Idea? I ordered on Amazon with my AP address & I've got my card linked to AP but no money was taken

AddressPal won't charge you until they receive the item, or you collect in your local PO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Daibheid wrote: »
    I’ve used Uk collection at local post office four times in the last month or so. Two parcels arrived albeit after nearly two weeks each and one has gone missing. Nov 3rd I contacted them by email AddressPalSupport@AnPost.com and got a response (bot like) and reference number and then nothing. A follow up email with the reference number got no response.
    Got on the phone and after about a twenty minute wait got someone in the UK who didn’t have access to the case number but gave me another email address which supposedly is the actual parcel centre in the UK. AddressPalCustomerService@airbusonline.com No response.
    Tried another email to both the centre and the original support email - nothing.
    Started over using a different email address, got another reference number despite quoting the first ref I was given and a request for details of the missing parcel. Duly provided and yes you e guessed it. - nothing.

The parcel was not delivered signed for and unlike Parcel Motel, they don’t email on receipt if you opt to collect so no record of them receiving it.
    But they haven’t even bothered claiming not to have received it, they just don’t respond. I switched to this service to try support my local Post Office but it’s catastrophically bad so far.
    Anyone had similar experiences as it looks like the fourth parcel may also be gone missing.

I've had two recently..no email telling me they had it,went through the process of emails etc.. turns out,the sender never put my addresspal number on the labels..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Any chance it would be on the AddressPal/An Post prohibited list?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Daibheid

I've had two recently..no email telling me they had it,went through the process of emails etc.. turns out,the sender never put my addresspal number on the labels..
    Indeed a possibility although seller assured me full address was used. I’ve had that with ParcelMotel but they cope with it quite well once you raise a query and give good details. The fact they notify you on receipt and are generally fast means you’ll flag an issue to them promptly while with Addresspal you’ll expect to wait a fortnight anyway.
    The other difference is ParcelMotel actually have customer service that communicate☹️
    whiterebel wrote: »
    Any chance it would be on the AddressPal/An Post prohibited list?

Knitwear🤣

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Knitwear🤣

Ah, Dangerous knitwear. That explains it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Last month I bought a router-extender from Amazon UK. Because it's an electrical item, it wouldn't ship direct so I used AddressPal. Now I want to return it (and order a different set) but how do I manage the return? Do I need to post to Amazon at my own expense? Can I even use the post office to send back an electrical item?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

I did say €1 for national (i.e. Ireland) parcels. I don't see how there is much more of a cost involved than with the traditional postage service? Seller pays postage as normal, it's sorted as normal etc., and instead of delivering to my house they deliver to the local post office - perhaps even easier than normal postage deliveries as they may be delivering a batch to one location. Sure, storage is potentially an issue but for small items not so much.

Just ask for refund and the last option it will show the option to send via AnPost, and you get a free post label to return the item to the Amazon Returns Center based in Portlaoise. Doesnt matter the type of item.
    I've done it dozens of times. Sometimes the An Post option may not show up , if you don't via the Amazon app, but using a computer you'll be able to select that option, I think it's called shipping address or something

leck wrote: »
    Last month I bought a router-extender from Amazon UK. Because it's an electrical item, it wouldn't ship direct so I used AddressPal. Now I want to return it (and order a different set) but how do I manage the return? Do I need to post to Amazon at my own expense? Can I even use the post office to send back an electrical item?

Electrical is ok as long as there isn't batteries in it. You'll need to get on to Amazon to see if they'll give you the An Post option to return.
    Amazon stops loads of stuff from shipping to Ireland, not electrical in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Address Pal have terrible customer support. From using a couple of parcel forwarding services over the years, I can not understand what market advantage Address Pal have over the others, bar giving you a virtual address on the UK mainland. Parcel Motel are cheaper, faster forwarding, and by far better customer support when the inevitable package goes missing.

I gave up on Address pal when, after two months and 12 emails since a tracked parcel went missing, they responded with an update to tell me my case is "still ongoing".

I had a look on their website for an address where I could lodge a complaint and found the following:

501021.png

I emailed the address and got a response that they dont answer complaints at that email address anymore. Then why the hell do they still have it up on their website? :confused: Instead, I was told to use their Support on the webpage which would have brought me full circle again.

Another two emails were required to find out how to formally complain about the service. They said "Please be advised any complaint must be brought by yourself and submitted in writing to the Customer Services Section, An Post, GPO, Lower O’Connell St, Dublin 1 D01 F5P2"

FFS, Who the hell writes physical letters of complaint in this century anymore. Anyway, after doing that, I finally received a refund (by cheque) for the item that they lost. Could you try that?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

the other possible option, if Amazon doesn't provide anPost label, surely they'll provide Royal Mail, and use parcel motel to send over to Royal Mail. it might be cheaper that sending by anPost directely

Similar happened to me with a battery bank(but the device was faulty) I got onto amazon chat and and there seemed to be a decent amount of confusion over it, they kept insisting the label they sent would work in any post office. I insisted that I would not be able to send it back to the UK due to postage regulations and could they provide me an irish return address. Eventually they just refunded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭seekers

I see a card from an post today promoting back Friday using addresspal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

AP have definitely speeded up for me. Back to 3 working days from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thinking of ordering something from the US, value is $90 and shipping would be 40 euro. Trying to get a sense of what I'll get hit for, is it just 23% VAT on the product and the cost of the shipping or are there other additional taxes or admin fees on top of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thinking of ordering something from the US, value is $90 and shipping would be 40 euro. Trying to get a sense of what I'll get hit for, is it just 23% VAT on the product and the cost of the shipping or are there other additional taxes or admin fees on top of that?

take a look at the stickied thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

Muahahaha wrote: »
    21% VAT on the total cost of the item including postage plus whatever the customs processing fee is of the company that will deliver the item to you (€10 for An Post, other couriers are around €15 AFAIK).

Had something delivered to AP UK from amazon today and was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from on post saying it had be received.
    Also send me a new tracking number.
    Never got this before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Bagpipe

Hello all,
    Just wondering if i have used addresspal correctly even after reading the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

So i used the "order a UK delivery" address when ordering an item from NL (the retailer does not ship to Ireland), does this mean that the item will ship from NL to the addresspal building in the UK and then from there to my own Irish address stated in my addresspal account?

Thanks for any help:D

Advertisement