Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 final - All Blacks vs. Wallabies - Saturday 4pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Is it just me perplexed that this game is on at the Afternoon? Surely it should be at night time peak time viewing, and most importantly a time that would suit NZ and Aus better. I know neither were certs to be in the final, but at least one reaching it was to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I personally think this thing of calling the All Blacks anything but the All Blacks is totally lame. Lakers, Yankees, Rebels etc. If you require your team to call them NZ rather the ABs to get over some sort of "mental block", then I dunno, maybe the issues are deeper. Smacks of that PR disaster guy from the 05' Lions tour, the guy who worked for Tony Blair.

Cheika has had a bit of fun with this one today.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/73513367/michael-cheika-breaks-all-blacks-taboo-with-poltergeist-theatrics

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I personally think this thing of calling the All Blacks anything but the All Blacks is totally lame. Lakers, Yankees, Rebels etc. If you require your team to call them NZ rather the ABs to get over some sort of "mental block", then I dunno, maybe the issues are deeper. Smacks of that PR disaster guy from the 05' Lions tour, the guy who worked for Tony Blair.

By the sounds of Cheika's press conference today, it's an invention of the press and people like Mutt Wulliams who do have a problem with ABs moniker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I know I'm petty, but I still havent forgiven NZ or Joubert for bestowing the RFC 2011 crown upon their heads.

I hope Australia win. :P

The bolded part, very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    The bolded part, very true.

No, I think you'll find that entire post was just as true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Disclaimer: being a newby and all to this forum, I have no ability to link, attach, or generally spruce up the format. But the content is first-rate, so you'll just have to live with that.

Good write up for a novice. Errily similar to a former member with a similar name :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Bragging rights are up for grabs big time...

For NZ to lose to Aus would be unbearable for them....it would be akin to Ireland losing a world cup final to england in croke park on st patrick's day, just too painful

so for that reason i hope the AB's do it

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lunarhog

bloomin' eck, this thread is amazingly quiet for the biggest game in rugby. Can't wait for it myself, really looking forward to an intense battle and hopefully an Aussie victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Hope Australia win but I reckon the AB's will be just be too strong for them.

lunarhog wrote: »
    bloomin' eck, this thread is amazingly quiet for the biggest game in rugby. Can't wait for it myself, really looking forward to an intense battle and hopefully an Aussie victory!

Seems a serious lack of Aussies for the #bantz.

After what Aussie did to NZ in the Cricket World Cup, I think it's only fair they let us have the rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lunarhog

I don't think Australians are clever enough for a double bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I was beginning to wonder if there was another thread I was missing!

Ciaran-Irl wrote: »
    No, I think you'll find that entire post was just as true.

So you jumped on that bandwagon. Good for you. How many times did you watch that match?

Can't wait for this game. So nervous. Don't know how I'm going to get through the next 22.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

Seems strange for both coaches to make such a simple gaff and the tacticss do seem overly simplistic. That said revealing any comment especially ones about such talented wingers would be a really dumb gamble on a double bluff.

Can't wait for this game. So nervous. Don't know how I'm going to get through the next 22.5 hours.

Watch the game this evening. Take a drink (alcoholic) every time the commentator calls a player the wrong name. You should be just about awake and sober again by KO tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Cannot wait. Have a Cat D ticket, fingers crossed the Aussies can put in a performance of a lifetime.

They will need it. NZ are scarily good if they are left to play away. The backrow battle is going to to be ferocious.

My head says NZ by 8 or 9 points, but it's a WC Final. Anything can happen.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Cannot wait. Have a Cat D ticket, fingers crossed the Aussies can put in a performance of a lifetime.

They will need it. NZ are scarily good if they are left to play away. The backrow battle is going to to be ferocious.

My head says NZ by 8 or 9 points, but it's a WC Final. Anything can happen.

I like your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

So you jumped on that bandwagon. Good for you. How many times did you watch that match?

No I didn't, and I have no idea. Irrelevant facts from four years ago don't usually stand out in my memory.

I have no interest in drudging up this argument though, so I won't bite again. Good luck tomorrow. Hope its a good game and may the best team win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I met the missus in oz 15 years ago and we are married 11 years today.
    That's why I hope the All Blacks hammer the aussies!!

I'd actually like oz to win tbh...I have great memories from my time there and the aussies were a decent bunch. No shame if the All Blacks win though...They have been fantastic to watch at times.

I'm going on honeymoon to NZ so they'll probably be a lot cheerier and friendlier if they're not brooding about another lost WC final. Go All Blacks!*

*I feel a little bit dirty now... :o

mfceiling wrote: »
    I met the missus in oz 15 years ago and we are married 11 years today.
    That's why I hope the All Blacks hammer the aussies!!

I'd actually like oz to win tbh...I have great memories from my time there and the aussies were a decent bunch. No shame if the All Blacks win though...They have been fantastic to watch at times.

Does she know that's why you're supporting the ABs?

Zzippy wrote: »
    *I feel a little bit dirty now... :o

Its ok. Just wear black. The dirt doesn't show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I'm an unashamed fan of NZ rugby and Irish. I'm constantly getting stick at home when i cheer for them though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Would love to see NZ win this one, team full of superstars, if they win it would be fully deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,075 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the aussies by 3 i think

there name was on the cup the min they beat scotland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

i feel horrific. sport shouldn't do this. its supposed to be a form of escapism from the turgid minutae of real life.

yet the next 24 hours will dictate my mood for the best part of a calendar year. maybe more. ill **** myself thin by kick off.

an allblack win would be a fairytale for carter and mccaw. i really hope it transpires. they have given so much.

especially carter. for him to win it and kick a few goals would mean everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Advance Australia Fair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I predict a tight dour game with dropped goals determining the outcome.

New Zealand to win because Carter is a better drop kicker than Foley.

Advertisement