Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 final - All Blacks vs. Wallabies - Saturday 4pm

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The Australians were defending way too deep. Had they kicked their corners, won their lineouts they would have been able to keep the All Blacks pinned back who's scrum was suspect.

Do you know what the possession stats were for the final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Stheno wrote: »
    Do you know what the possession stats were for the final?

That's the point I making the Australians gave to much ball to the All Blacks. The match was over by half time. I was saying to myself midway through half time they have this match in the bag.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's the point I making the Australians gave to much ball to the All Blacks. The match was over by half time. I was saying to myself midway through half time they have this match in the bag.

Australia didn't have the possession to do what you are suggesting is what I meant.

Midway through the second half NZ had 69% possession

You can't do an awful lot if you don't have the ball.

Stheno wrote: »
    Australia didn't have the possession to do what you are suggesting is what I meant.

Midway through the second half NZ had 69% possession

You can't do an awful lot if you don't have the ball.

Agreed which is why you kick for territory and win your lineouts. The English, French can play the field well and Wales have great runners. Australia was relying totally on defending within their own half. In the second half they put it up to them and a noticeable difference occurred.

In the second half they put it up to them and a noticeable difference occurred.

For the ten minutes NZ were down to 14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Agreed which is why you kick for territory and win your lineouts. The English, French can play the field well and Wales have great runners. Australia was relying totally on defending within their own half. In the second half they put it up to them and a noticeable difference occurred.

I'll repeat. Did you not see Australia humiliate England at their home ground? Don't even try to bring Franve into it they are a shambles including their lineout.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I'll repeat. Did you not see Australia humiliate England at their home ground? Don't even try to bring Franve into it they are a shambles including their lineout.

Maybe Australia peaked too soon. Either way I won't disagree with the deserved champions even though the teams they were up against were uncharacteristically poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

I see a little bit where Brian is coming from . Nz did not face the best 2 teams in the NH who with their BEST 15 would give them a game but through injuries and poor performances neither got far enough.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,276 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/rwc-final-ruck-analysis-all-blacks-v-wallabies/

i enjoy reading deep analysis like this, really gives a truer story to what is harder to see watching the game.

Just shows why mccaw truely is one of the best ever.

Had a quick chat to my old man back in NZ this morning. Always love hearing his biased rants about the All Blacks.

His opinion is that Genia should have been yellow carded for whacking the ball out of Smiths(?) hands after the forward pass, as it's the exact same offence as Habana last week - professional foul. Wouldn't that have been something?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Basil3 wrote: »
    Had a quick chat to my old man back in NZ this morning. Always love hearing his biased rants about the All Blacks.

His opinion is that Genia should have been yellow carded for whacking the ball out of Smiths(?) hands after the forward pass, as it's the exact same offence as Habana last week - professional foul. Wouldn't that have been something?!

Bloody Kiwi's! Two World Cups in a row and still you find something to gripe about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

McCaw could have been yellow carded for cynically trying to bring down the maul that Aus scored from. I'm not saying that was the right decision but there was precedence set in semi-final where Habana was carded even though NZ scored anyways in that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lunarhog

Advertisement