Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC'15 Semi Final 2: Argentina v Australia (Sunday 4pm)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

metrosity wrote: »
    I only got around to watching the highlights of this match today. Argentina are still a naiive and flawed team. It's such a pity they didn't make some of those trademark errors against Ireland and that Ireland had so many injuries. I think Argentina are a maturing side but still not worth their number 4 place in the world. I don't believe they will make the semis next time either with Italy on the rise, France returning surely, England returning to the fold. They're just lucky they met Ireland (who I hate to say are turnstiles in the knockout stages) just as Wales were lucky to meet us last time out and for me Wales are defintely a better side than Argentina. I have zero doubt about that. New Zealand are head and shoulders ahead of everyone else. After that, there is not much of a divide imo.

Ireland Vs. Australia with a fully fit Ireland team would have been miles more entertaining. Ireland vs. SA in the 3rd. 4th would have also been miles better. Argentina are good in attack but the stats don't lie. They have leaked too many points in defence. They're still not worthy of being considered contenders for anything. I expect them to continue their losing streak in the Rugby Championship.

Argentina look too much of a league team to be playing union, and as long as that remains true there's really no point in them getting to the semis to be knocked out in the first half.

Wales should have really beaten France 4 years ago in the semis. This Argentina team were outclassed by Australia 4-0 in tries in the semis and beaten up badly by SA in the 3rd place playoff.

These things are easy to say in hindsight, but don't forget that the All Blacks only beat Argentina by 10 points or so, and (fairly) easily beat Aussie in the final.

A lot of it just comes down to how teams play on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

metrosity wrote: »
    I only got around to watching the highlights of this match today. Argentina are still a naiive and flawed team. It's such a pity they didn't make some of those trademark errors against Ireland and that Ireland had so many injuries. I think Argentina are a maturing side but still not worth their number 4 place in the world. I don't believe they will make the semis next time either with Italy on the rise, France returning surely, England returning to the fold. They're just lucky they met Ireland (who I hate to say are turnstiles in the knockout stages) just as Wales were lucky to meet us last time out and for me Wales are defintely a better side than Argentina. I have zero doubt about that. New Zealand are head and shoulders ahead of everyone else. After NZ and SA, I think the next 6-8 slots are very close really. Aus have a big game temperament though.

Ireland Vs. Australia with a fully fit Ireland team would have been miles more entertaining. Ireland vs. SA in the 3rd. 4th would have also been miles better. Argentina are good in attack but the stats don't lie. They have leaked too many points in defence. They're still not worthy of being considered contenders for anything. I expect them to continue their losing streak in the Rugby Championship.

Argentina look too much of a league team to be playing union, and as long as that remains true there's really no point in them getting to the semis to be knocked out in the first half.

Wales should have really beaten France 4 years ago in the semis. This Argentina team were outclassed by Australia 4-0 in tries in the semis and beaten up badly by SA in the 3rd place playoff.

they were missing 5 or 6 key players they were never going to win that match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

RSA and Aus noted what happened to us and flew up in defence giving them no space to attack and get the ball wide.

Advertisement