Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2015: Round 16 United States Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Wish they would do away with these celebrity podium interviews.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fair play Vettel that's how you handle defeat. Well done Lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,160 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wonder what Rosberg has to say about first corner but did hand it to Lewis in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

can't imagine Merc being overly happy with Nico there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nico. Maybe they saw the cap throwing. Grumpy looking git on the podium. Can't really blame him, altho he did cock up again.

I think Hamilton knew throwing the cap at him would tip him over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Childish though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not the smartest thing to do but he looked very emotional just before that, prob not thinking clearly. Totto and Niki's faces when Rosberg made that final mistake - a wry smile - like they weren't surprised.

Whatever about the overall outcome, which was inevitable, great race for a change! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

What did Nico do???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Did Rosberg have the hat on during the podium?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I never liked Hamilton but tossing the cap with 2nd on it at Rosberg after Nico congratulated him quite sincerely, confirms to me that he is a miserable, joyless, selfish, mean spirited piece of sh1t and im disappointed deeply he is champion again.

As for Dame Elton John appearing #allthatswrongwithF1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,160 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hamilton probably shouldn't have thrown cap in the first place

Can't really blame Rosberg, plenty of times we see Hamilton act the same

Anyway, at least we had a good race this year. I know still races still to go, but thank **** this farce of a year is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Autosport wrote: »
    Childish though

True. I reckon Rosbergs antics last year haven't quite faded. :D

Still don't think there was any need for it though.

Made for some sweet awkwardness on the podium. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's probably because they are dissapointed they aren't the Stetsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I never liked Hamilton but tossing the cap with 2nd on it at Rosberg after Nico congratulated him quite sincerely, confirms to me that he is a miserable, joyless, selfish, mean spirited piece of sh1t and im disappointed deeply he is champion again.

As for Dame Elton John appearing #allthatswrongwithF1

I'd be willing to give hamilton the benefit of the doubt.
    Maybe he was just buzzing and threw the cap.
    It did come across bad and left Rosberg little option but to not accept it.
    Rosberg must be seriously pissed. Was on pole, get f*ck ed on the first corner, got back in good position with safety cars etc and had the race fully under control. Hamilton was nowhere until the final safety car brought him back and left him in prime position, behind rosberg on newer tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Remember Alonso having a go at Petrov after he lost the 2010 Championship?
    Same as Nico now, he needs time to let off steam.
    When a man knows he has lost the Championship, what hes worked for his whole life, its ok to feel down for a while. Its just they have to do it in public. Dont expect Nico to be happy for Lewis, he's his arch-rival. I certainly wouldnt be happy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

To be fair, Nico must have known in Russia at least it was all over.

He must have known for quite a while now, but I guess its the manner in which he mad a balls of it himself today. And to be fair, Hamilton wasn't on it at all today, he struggled for a lot of the race and Rosberg had it fairly handy until he spun up the tires.

Its probably that that is killing him right now. He isn't on the same level as Hamilton at all.

Nico being Nico at press conference

Lewis you can dance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ricimaki

After watching the full race live, i'm actually looking forward to watching the highlights now. I can't think of any races in a good while with so much action.

McLaren got a good result, and were actually overtaking somewhat competitive cars!
    Manor got close to some points.
    Red-bull showed us their chassis is better than the merc's (at least in the wet, anyway).
    Mercedes very nearly messed up Hamilton's race, only for Kvyat's crash to save it.
    Williams getting the tyres wrong for Bottas, and retiring both cars.
    Kimi, Hulkenburg and Kvyat crashing.
    So much going on!

Ok Ted cap gate ?? Really :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

a very worthy champion folks. well done lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Petulant of Rosberg to throw the cap but no need for Hamilton to throw it in the first place. Hamilton knew exactly what he was at.

Also that smirk between Wolff and Lauda when Rosberg made the mistake :mad:

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Petulant of Rosberg to throw the cap but no need for Hamilton to throw it in the first place. Hamilton knew exactly what he was at.

Also that smirk between Wolff and Lauda when Rosberg made the mistake :mad:

Ya I didn't like that reaction from Toto.
    Would make Rosberg think he was fighting against the team as much as Lewis.
    It doesn't take much from there for a driver to wonder if he is getting equal equipment or being nobbled if his car breaks down.
    That said he got the best of the strategy today and lewis was lucky to get the final safety car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Lads for all us watching the beeb, what happened with the hats? All we seen was Rosberg moody on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Lads for all us watching the beeb, what happened with the hats? All we seen was Rosberg moody on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

mickdw wrote: »
    Ya I didn't like that reaction from Toto.
    Would make Rosberg think he was fighting against the team as much as Lewis.
    It doesn't take much from there for a driver to wonder if he is getting equal equipment or being nobbled if his car breaks down.
    That said he got the best of the strategy today and lewis was lucky to get the final safety car.

Yea I saw that but was thinkin' that maybe the camera went to them for another incident and the timing was just unfortunate. I could be wrong on that but I would have thought an entirely German team would love to have a German driver win the WDC. I doubt there is any type of conspiracy against Rosberg in the Mercedes team.

CFlat wrote: »
    Yea I saw that but was thinkin' that maybe the camera went to them for another incident and the timing was just unfortunate. I could be wrong on that but I would have thought an entirely German team would love to have a German driver win the WDC. I doubt there is any type of conspiracy against Rosberg in the Mercedes team.

I Would agree with you but I suppose what I was saying was that a driver would be rather fragile having been beaten to title and it wouldn't take a whole lot to mess his head up at that stage. Seeing his boss delight in his error would probably do it tbh.

• Advertisement

I thought the mclaren was a very nice looking machine today.
    Amazing how perception of a design changes when the car was racing well as opposed to being hopelessly of the pace.
    Honda would appear to be finally making abit of headway.
    Alonso wanting to park the car while still in points is alittle worrying.

Advertisement