Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you hold in your farts around your OH?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You'll get caught either way, if you do a loud one they'll hear it but if you for the sneaky one it'll stink so you're caught anyway.

So it's up to you, you can let out a real loud ripper for the comedy value or else you can let out the silent one and watch as your OH suddenly gets the stench of your eggy work of art :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ye're all gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Yes.just passed the 6 months mark with her.I'm an old romantic so I'll give it a year before I stop clenching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Tried farting once back in 2006, but didn't enjoy it so never did it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tried farting once back in 2006, but didn't enjoy it so never did it again.

Followed thru??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

kfallon wrote: »
    Followed thru??

Yes, it was during a round of golf.

Seriously, used to have to crawl to the bathroom in agony after spending hours holding them in, in front of the OH. Then one day, I couldnt hold it anymore. I just let rip and the walls shook. We both wept with joy after. It was unequivocally the happiest day of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Generally, yes.

Herself didn't want us being on farting terms.

The bathroom, however, is a free fire zone - what goes on in there is beyond comment and reproach :D

Aside from that the only time I fart in front of her is when it's really funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I don't have an OH, but I held in a fart from Dublin to Toronto earlier this year because there was quite a pretty girl beside me. Had I let it off mid-flight, it would've given the plane a turbo boost and shaved about half-an-hour off the journey, but I couldn't do that to her. That's the only fart anecdote I have at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mravaya

When you get to my age they come out involuntarily, I just pray I do not do a follow thro' as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Candie wrote: »
    It's not about being comfortable, it's about manners.

No, if I have to break wind I do it in private, preferably the bathroom. I'd assume no one wants to breath in fecal spores any more than I do.

Farting in company is terrible manners and you wouldn't do it in front of a stranger, I don't see why an OH deserves less respect than a stranger.

This
    I have and would never ever do it in front of my OH or anybody for that matter and we are together over 15 years. He on the other hand does it a good bit!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Larry the Logster

I wouldn't hold my faeces in, let alone farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

If you have to hold your farts in....you haven't met the right one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I blame it on the baby.

farted once in my sleep and wifey work up and got up to change our infant daughter, discovered she did not need changing, and I lay there pretending to be asleep and I got it with both barrels under her breath.....

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Been together 14 years, it had to eventually. Tbh it's usually a funny one. Unless I've been drinking certain things or she's been eating cabbage.

Farts are funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

He pretty much started farting from about 1 month in. I used to give him hell about it and was super uptight.

Then my IBS got worse and now I have no other option. I still get embarrassed but he always just makes a joke about it.

It's amazing how something like IBS will make you way less 'awkward' about anything bathroom related. You just have to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

He pretty much started farting from about 1 month in. I used to give him hell about it and was super uptight.

Then my IBS got worse and now I have no other option. I still get embarrassed but he always just makes a joke about it.

It's amazing how something like IBS will make you way less 'awkward' about anything bathroom related. You just have to deal with it.

I suppose if you're going to be someone for the long haul, you'll eventually have to help with some of their 'private' issues so getting it out of the way nice and early isn't a bad idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

How would you know when the OH is keeping the farts in or out.

Maybe the OH just lets 20% out and leaves 80% in.

Or maybe it's 80% out and 20% in.

Cause like it's easy to keep some of them in and harder to keep some of them out.

Whats IBS ? Is it a new bank ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I embrace my explosive flatulence, tis a wondrous cacophony of sound :o:D

My OH however is not as appreciative of my anal orchestrations :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

colossus-x wrote: »

Whats IBS ? Is it a new bank ?

It's a disorder of the colon. It can be mild or severe. I'm lucky that mine is quite mild and I manage it quite well.

These kinds of things are seen as funny or a joke but it's devastating for many people. For example this woman's account of Crohns: http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/living-with-crohns-disease-2495586-Dec2015/?utm_source=twitter_self

It's no joke.

IBS isn't nearly as severe as Crohns but it still can have a big impact on your day to day life usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

A feed of curry and beer and let one rip in bed, leave it simmer and then trap her under the covers

Fleet_admiral does this seem fimluire?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

It's a disorder of the colon. It can be mild or severe. I'm lucky that mine is quite mild and I manage it quite well.

It's no joke.

IBS isn't nearly as severe as Crohns but it still can have a big impact on your day to day life usually.
    I have an issue with diverticulitis that can be extremely uncomfortable with a flare up.

I too manage my condition quite well through a combination of diet & natural supplements.

Unfortunately flatulence is a side effect :o

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

So glad this is an AH question rather than a serious one.

Still remember first farting in front of boyfriend when I was 19 or so... Such a big deal tho he was sweet.

Now I'm married, and try & only admit/apologise audible ones but sometimes you can't always blame the cat for others

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Candie wrote: »
    no one wants to breath in fecal spores any more than I do.

:eek: I never looked at it like that.I have no qualms farting around others,I get an even bigger feeling of glee when I do I around my significant other,but fecal spores?? F*ck that for a game of soldiers. As an aside, my missus won't go farting around me,not that I'd mind anyways.She does however like a bit of spooning in bed,so I get my fair share of south westerly gusts directly hitting my legs over the course of the evening,but fecal bloody spores??? I'll be definitely be raising that issue at the dinner table tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    My OH however is not as appreciative of my anal orchestrations :eek:

Haha I'll have to remember that one. It wasn't a fart dear, it was an anal orchestration. :)
    I'll be definitely be raising that issue at the dinner table tonight.

Probably not the best time to be discussing it.

Probably not the best time to be discussing it.

How so?Busy schedules for both of us,the only part of the day we would have time for an in-depth conversation regarding the pitfalls of fecal spores is over dinner :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

How so?Busy schedules for both of us,the only part of the day we would have time for an in-depth conversation regarding the pitfalls of fecal spores is over dinner :confused:

Well I certainly wouldn't like to be discussing anything to do with fecal spores while I'm eating.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fiacal mór atá agam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

We light each other's. Can't beat a romantic evening in by fart gas light.

Well I certainly wouldn't like to be discussing anything to do with fecal spores while I'm eating.

I envy you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

So nobody else shouts "Thar she blows" :confused:

Advertisement