Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the most you would pay for a handbag

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 422 ✭✭LeeLooLee

lazygal wrote: »
    I think this should be moved to the conspiracy theories section.
    Look, have all the inside claims you like but if you can't back them up I'll treat them in the same manner as a relative who thinks fluoridation of water is some big cover up for big pharmaceutical companies or some such. That is, purely speculative.

Fine, I couldn't care less. I'm not able to name names because I've signed confidentiality agreements. If I were you, I'd be asking the opposite - how can these brands prove they DON'T do their manufacturing in Asia, but you're free to believe whatever you like.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I said

so if production was moved to China but still used the same materials and standard of workmanship and the company was open about this then fine.

Your original post was in response to a person wondering if designer bags were made in the same places as pennys bags are, leading it to appear as if you were saying that they were being made poorly yet charging high prices for the brand name alone.

If it's a case of the metal hardware for example being made in China and attached to the bag in France or Italy then that's not really a big deal. You haven't and won't go into specifics about brands or what parts exactly are being made in China and there is nothing online so we will just have to take the designers word for it until some actual evidence emerges.

This discussion would perhaps be better suited to the fashion and appearance section though seeing as it's gone totally off topic!

They're not open about it. That's the whole point. No, I didn't mean to give the impression that high end bags are literally made in the same factories as the likes of Penneys, because they aren't. You told me I was wrong to say that high end bags are made in China because your bags say they were made in Europe. I told you that such a label means next to nothing these days and I provided evidence of that. End of. If you want me to go into specifics about which brands use Asian manufacturing, I can't, because it's confidential and I'm not going to get myself sued. Believe what you like, I couldn't care less. I'm simply saying it's naive to believe labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

LeeLooLee wrote: »
    Fine, I couldn't care less. I'm not able to name names because I've signed confidentiality agreements. If I were you, I'd be asking the opposite - how can these brands prove they DON'T do their manufacturing in Asia, but you're free to believe whatever you like.
    You ask for a lot more accountability for their statements from others than you are prepared to provide it yourself. And you said you are dealing with those connected to watchmakers so what it is stopping you to provide info about fashion houses and their production methods. As far as I know Rolex don't do handbags.

meeeeh wrote: »
    You ask for a lot more accountability for their statements from others than you are prepared to provide it yourself. And you said you are dealing with those connected to watchmakers so what it is stopping you to provide info about fashion houses and their production methods. As far as I know Rolex don't do handbags.

Dealing with those connected to fashion (handbags, clothes, shoes) as well, along with lots of other industries. I don't work in fashion. I found out some interesting things while doing my job. I posted here to tell someone that if they think Made in Italy means that the product was totally or even mostly made in Italy that they're wrong. Nothing more.

Advertisement