Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW10 Captain

Options

Comments

On Sanchez for the moment. Anybody thinking Berahino?

Didn't Pulis say he is too fat to play at the moment ?

I've just taken it off Sanchez and put it on Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Didn't Pulis say he is too fat to play at the moment ?

I've just taken it off Sanchez and put it on Mahrez.

I Haven't seen that. Hes on decent form at the minute.
    3 goals in his last 4 so maybe worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Shaqiri. Definitely worth a gamble with captain this week. With Sanchez potentially being rested and Vardy's goal run having to end at some point I'm going to avoid the popular captain choices this week.

It's time for the Alpine Messi to announce his arrival in the Premiership.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,001 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shaqiri. Definitely worth a gamble with captain this week. With Sanchez potentially being rested and Vardy's goal run having to end at some point I'm going to avoid the popular captain choices this week.

It's time for the Alpine Messi to announce his arrival in the Premiership.

You're talking here about a guy who has 1 assist to his name this season against a defence who has conceded only 1 or less goals in 6 of 9 games this year. Only City, Arsenal and Everton have managed the 2nd goal.

If you do it I absolutely hope it works out for you but statistically speaking this isn't a good shout based on everything we know so far.

I also don't get the Vardy's goal run has to end argument that has been used by many here.

Of course it does, nobody scores in every game ever. But based on everything we know about FPL and related trends, when a player has scored frequently in recent games, that has typically led to that player being MORE likely to score in the proceeding games, not less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

CSF wrote: »
    I also don't get the Vardy's goal run has to end argument that has been used by many here.

Of course it does, nobody scores in every game ever. But based on everything we know about FPL and related trends, when a player has scored frequently in recent games, that has typically led to that player being MORE likely to score in the proceeding games, not less.

Indeed. "His run has to end" is the corollary of "he's due a goal." And we know we don't like the latter theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'm going to go with Vardy. Good form, fixture and underlying stats and should get 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

My concern for Vardy is that Crystal Palace doesn't conceive a lot in general.
    I'll go with Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'll go with Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I'll go with Sanchez.

They have an awful habit of shooting blanks . Pardew will be pleased with the protection offered by his midfield. ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

They have an awful habit of shooting blanks . Pardew will be pleased with the protection offered by his midfield. ☺

Well done busts, I tried to come up with a suitable retort to that earlier on but in my hungover state I gave up:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭slogging...it

Benteke for me have to try earn a few points no one else has!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Well done busts, I tried to come up with a suitable retort to that earlier on but in my hungover state I gave up:pac:

It took him 24 minutes but it was worth it:D

I don't like this late deadline.

2pm is exactly when I leave for work, so won't have a chance to look at anything.

Anyway - Vardy or Sanchez for me.

Can't decide, but more likely Sanchez.

Benteke for me have to try earn a few points no one else has!!

Eh he's probably not gonna start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Anybody afraid of Sanchez not starting?

Had it on him all week but now I'm hovering between Costa and Vardy as I don't want to risk an Alexis sub cameo for captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

wonski wrote: »
    It took him 24 minutes but it was worth it:D

I don't like this late deadline.

Say what!?

I had no idea! Late last night I was seriously entertaining the idea of captaining Wijnaldum and now I still have time to do this, someone talk me out of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Arrrgh, what's this deadline doing still open! First time I recall it being open until 2pm. I had my team and captain locked in, now I'm pondering a last minute switch from Sanchez to Vardy!.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'm going with Sanchez, he is more likely to get more points being a midfielder and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have gone back to Mahrez after much deliberating. Normally follow the crowd at this early stage of the season but have a gut feeling about him today. Read an article from the Leicester Mercury which quotes Ranieri as saying that he was benched against Norwich and S'ton due to him playing during the international break. So it doesn't indicate anything tactical and fully expect him to start today.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭slogging...it

I would have had Benteke as a cert to start seeing as he played the other seems fit enough, and Klopp talking about the need for a finisher on the field???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Vardy (c) Mane (Vc) Sanchez in my starting 11 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Arrrgh, what's this deadline doing still open! First time I recall it being open until 2pm. I had my team and captain locked in, now I'm pondering a last minute switch from Sanchez to Vardy!.

Exactly the same, panic switch to vary, I fear a cl hangover/Everton reaction... Plus he may be rested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'm going with Sanchez, he is more likely to get more points being a midfielder and all that.

Interesting, I take the exact opposite stance on captains generally, usually opt for a striker as more likely to get goals.

Exceptions would be the likes of Sanchez who plays more or less as a striker, out of position MFs, or double game weekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It may be the most important 50/50 captain choice we have to make this season so far.

Both Sanchez & Vardy are around 31% in the FFS (C) poll. So choosing the wrong one could be costly. It's a pity Arsenal don't play at 3pm, we might have had their starting line-up ?

-

Aaaand I've gone with Alexis...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Sanchez. I took it off him last minute last week and I'm not doing it again. For better or worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Sanchez for me

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

CSF wrote: »
    You're talking here about a guy who has 1 assist to his name this season against a defence who has conceded only 1 or less goals in 6 of 9 games this year. Only City, Arsenal and Everton have managed the 2nd goal.

If you do it I absolutely hope it works out for you but statistically speaking this isn't a good shout based on everything we know so far.

Oh yeah I absolutely agree with you there's very little rationale behind this and that Shaqiri's form isn't the best but he played better last week and has the potential to get a big score. I guess it's just a gut feeling, here's hoping he's this weeks Wijnaldum

Oh yeah I absolutely agree with you there's very little rationale behind this and that Shaqiri's form isn't the best but he played better last week and has the potential to get a big score. I guess it's just a gut feeling, here's hoping he's this weeks Wijnaldum

Haha fair enough, good luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Over to you Diego.

Have Sanchez, Mahrez and Vardy but I'm hoping that Everton up their game after last week, that Arsenal are a bit flat after a great CL win, that Palace continue their form and that Costa & Hammers both explode in a good and bad way respectively as we know they can.

Not too much to ask.

• Advertisement

Costa fail, Vardy only 5, this is Sanchez's time to shine.

Advertisement