Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW10 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Sturridge isn't fit for the EL game so i would stay away from him

He might be fit for Sunday but yes he's still a bit dodgy

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10/daniel-sturridge-wont-start-against-rubin-kazan-jurgen-klopp/

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Armband to Vardy....too nervous of Sanchez being benched on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

mectavba wrote: »
    Armband to Vardy....too nervous of Sanchez being benched on Saturday!

Ramsey hamstring injury

Cant see Alexis being rested for love nor money

I am also captaining Vardy though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Probably Vardy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Probably Vardy too but I'm also considering Mahrez just to be different. I reckon he'll start at home and will have a point to prove.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Claudio would be a fool not to start Mahrez, last week's game was a perfect example of how much of difference he makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

menoscemo wrote: »
    Probably Vardy too but I'm also considering Mahrez just to be different. I reckon he'll start at home and will have a point to prove.

He's only at 4.8% on the FFS poll so could be a great differential. Considering him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Vardy, Mahrez or possibly Sanchez.

Any fancy talking me into Costa? I've a feeling he's due a bit of a biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

He's only at 4.8% on the FFS poll so could be a great differential. Considering him myself.

Done :eek: Feck it, the captain differentials is why I Got so high last year. I still remember last season's glorious Austin, Downing and Cazorla days :D

I just read the following on the bbc...

"If he scores on Saturday, Vardy joins an elite group of only five players - Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Emmanuel Adebayor, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Daniel Sturridge - to have scored in seven successive Premier League games in the last 20 years."

It's nearly making me reconsider captaining him! This run has to end sometime...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

"If he scores on Saturday, Vardy joins an elite group of only five players - Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Emmanuel Adebayor, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Daniel Sturridge - to have scored in seven successive Premier League games in the last 20 years."

It's nearly making me reconsider captaining him! This run has to end sometime...

Very interesting, I have never owned him but will probably take a hit to get him in tonight, it could well mean he's on penalties even if Mahrez is on the pitch, his record with penalties is very good so it wouldn't even be a sentimental decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,000 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Has to be Sanchez for me, Vardy is reliable, but Sanchez is on form and explosive.

CSF wrote: »
    Has to be Sanchez for me, Vardy is reliable, but Sanchez is on form and explosive.

Yes, but in light of Wenger's comments about him being jaded, would you not be worried about him being benched or else only playing 60 minutes...very hard decision this week.

Yes, but in light of Wenger's comments about him being jaded, would you not be worried about him being benched or else only playing 60 minutes...very hard decision this week.

I'm not worried about him being benched (although anything is possible). If he comes off it means Arsenal have scored a few goals IMO, particularly with him being almost certain to be rested in the League Cup.

So IMO if he is subbed off there is a pretty good chance he has been among the Arsenal goals. They won't sub him off if there is only a goal either way between the teams IMO. He's extremely naturally fit so wouldn't be as affected by his fixture list as other players (Aguero) might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm not worried about him being benched (although anything is possible). If he comes off it means Arsenal have scored a few goals IMO, particularly with him being almost certain to be rested in the League Cup.

So IMO if he is subbed off there is a pretty good chance he has been among the Arsenal goals. They won't sub him off if there is only a goal either way between the teams IMO. He's extremely naturally fit so wouldn't be as affected by his fixture list as other players (Aguero) might be.

wenger has just said he regrets playing Ramsey in the game last weekend as he was "overloaded" after the int break.........

km79 wrote: »
    wenger has just said he regrets playing Ramsey in the game last weekend as he was "overloaded" after the int break.........

That is Ramsey though. You could go back through countless Wenger interviews in the past about how Sanchez doesn't need to be rested and refuses to be. He'll be fine I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »

He's having a dig back at the Welsh I'd say. A former coach of their backroom team publicly criticised Arsenal blaming the Ramsey injury on 'overtraining of young players'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm on Sanchez despite a hankering to give it to KDB. If Vardy comes in he'll probably get minimum of VC

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Toss up between Costa and Sanchez for me. Everton have been pretty good on the road so may give it to Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So guys, after Sanchez, Aguero & Costa who do you want me to "bless" for a blinder this week-end :pac:? Martial or Pellè would suit me :p...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Very interesting, I have never owned him but will probably take a hit to get him in tonight, it could well mean he's on penalties even if Mahrez is on the pitch, his record with penalties is very good so it wouldn't even be a sentimental decision.

Vardy for me over Mahrez because of this chance at the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

ElTel wrote: »
    Vardy for me over Mahrez because of this chance at the record.

This could go either way imho. It could have a negative or positive impact on his returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Have the captaincy on Kane he scored 16 goals in the second half of last season more than West Ham, Burnley, Hull and Sunderland and might take off going to give him 2 more weeks although I might switch the captaincy to Sanchez yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I have Costa and Sanchez in my team but can't decide between them. So Cabaye it is:pac:.. gamble i know but palace are better away from home and Cabby's in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm gonna transfer out Pelle and take in Sturridge presuming he comes through the EL match unscathed, I might even Captain him at the weekend, but then again I probably won't, it'll be Sanchez or Vardy, toss a coin.

Safe to say this transfer won't be happening, time for plan B!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Vardy for me Alexis VC. Probably transfer in Lukaku for Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

They subbed him off against bayern when there was only one goal in it so it could quite easily happen again id imagine. I think he'll definitely start but may not get the 90.

MR NINE wrote: »
    They subbed him off against bayern when there was only one goal in it so it could quite easily happen again id imagine. I think he'll definitely start but may not get the 90.

That is Bayern though. A superior team. How Arsenal approach being a goal up vs Bayern would be very different to how they approach Everton where they would be pushing for the 2nd to kill the game off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

That's what is moving me from captaining him too. The run has to end sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

On Sanchez for the moment. Anybody thinking Berahino?

Advertisement