Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ire V Arg: Post match thread. Zero Tolerance read post 1

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

So after 98 pages and #1400 odd posts- have we won yet?

The campaign by the IRFU to World Rugby to have a 5th team in the semi finals has been a roaring success.

Take that Thierry!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,276 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Kenny B wrote: »
    80% keep shooting for the stars, ;)

5/5 is where we should be, The other teams in the 6N are fairly poor at the moment yet we still get sucker punched in one of our games, and it has happened in the WC where we are not prepared.

yeah...... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Yeah Declan Kidney was a fantastic coach, sure look at all the great things he won after Ireland...

Oh wait that's right he was never offered a coaching role again in Irish or world rugby because he was such a terrible coach. He lost most of the dressing room when he dropped Reddan and Sexton for the 2011 QF.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

Coach retires after a long successful career shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I believe Kidney is coaching with UCC last I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I believe Kidney is coaching with UCC last I heard.
    He isn't coaching their rugby team. He is head of sport/physical activity across whole university

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

WarZ wrote: »
    Yeah Declan Kidney was a fantastic coach, sure look at all the great things he won after Ireland...

Oh wait that's right he was never offered a coaching role again in Irish or world rugby because he was such a terrible coach. He lost most of the dressing room when he dropped Reddan and Sexton for the 2011 QF.

Are you seriously calling Declan Kidney a "terrible coach"? :confused: The last sentence is also bizarre and it's certainly debateable how much it contributed to the defeat given the flow of the game on the day.

He hasn't demonstrated any interest in another rugby coaching role as far as I can tell and seems to have settled into a retirement from elite professional sport. I'm not sure what roles he would go for anyway if he's not interested to move to France or down south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

post-32932-Im-actually-embarrassed-for-yo-Xrvw.gif

oh and he is surviving out of work with a handy 100k a year role in Cork University

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

So.....his record before the 2011 WC is of no relevance. Selective much?

How about Schmidt not even picking Trimble in his squad? Anyway that squad was led by BOD who has shown in his punditary that he is very vicious and biased when throwing the blame game at those he isnt bum chums with.

& Ps don't do that annoying spacing out of your posts again. Doesn't add anything to an already doomed post

• Advertisement

He isn't coaching their rugby team. He is head of sport/physical activity across whole university

Not even UCC wanted him in charge of coaching their rugby team.

He's been put in the rugby equivalent of a retirement home.

& Ps don't do that annoying spacing out of your posts again. Doesn't add anything to an already doomed post

Cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Not a bad retirement home. Tell me what is Brian Mullins in?

This from a guy who comes out with gems like these...........................

"Also its pretty obvious why Trimble wasn't brought, the players hate him. Ever watch an interprovincial with Trimble? There is always at least one scuffle involving Trimble and a fellow opposition country man."

Keep your opinions coming 😃 We could all do with some comic relief on this thread 😃

This from a guy who comes out with gems like these...........................

"Also its pretty obvious why Trimble wasn't brought, the players hate him. Ever watch an interprovincial with Trimble? There is always at least one scuffle involving Trimble and a fellow opposition country man."

Keep your opinions coming �� We could all do with some comic relief on this thread ��

I know for a fact that a lot of players don't get on with Trimble.

Declan Kidney is being paid 100k a year to stay the hell away from Irish rugby. It's a made up position and I guarantee he spends most of his days swirling around in his office chair eating his ink stained tie. UCC have done a massive favour for all of us, Kidney could have refused to terminate his contract and it was very possible that he could've coached us into becoming a Scotland or Italy. That sort of damage could have been very hard to reverse. Like I said, UCC are paying him 100k a year and they don't even want him to go near their first team. That's how little a small college rugby team in Ireland think of his coaching abilities.

Declan Kidney is being paid 100k a year to stay the hell away from Irish rugby. It's a made up position and I guarantee he spends most of his days swirling around in his office chair eating his ink stained tie. UCC have done a massive favour for all of us, Kidney could have refused to terminate his contract and it was very possible that he could've coached us into becoming a Scotland or Italy. That sort of damage could have been very hard to reverse. Like I said, UCC are paying him 100k a year and they don't even want him to go near their first team. That's how little a small college rugby team in Ireland think of his coaching abilities.

ah you have resorted to this line of waffle....... Go on.....entertain me 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wtf are you taking about? His Ireland contract was not renewed. It expired in June 2013 and he was placed on essential gardening leave after the six nations concluded that year.

As to 'made up position', I suppose Mullins was codding us all at UCD when I was there, though he seemed a fairly busy man to me. As to your assertion that UCC don't want him going near their rugby team, what is that based on at all?

Bizarre couple of posts, and I'm sure the last thing this forum wants to talk about at this stage is Declan Kidney.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Wtf are you taking about? His Ireland contract was not renewed. It expired in June 2013 and he was placed on essential gardening leave after the six nations concluded that year.

As to 'made up position', I suppose Mullins was codding us all at UCD when I was there, though he seemed a fairly busy man to me. As to your assertion that UCC don't want him going near their rugby team, what is that based on at all?

Bizarre couple of posts, and I'm sure the last thing this forum wants to talk about at this stage is Declan Kidney.

He went kicking and screaming like I knew he would, UCC stepped in as a favour to Irish rugby and gave Kidney a job with basically no responsibilities and a 100k a year. But heres the kicker, they didn't even ask him to coach their rugby team.

I mean if you're going to pay a ''top class international'' coach a 100k a year then surely you'll want him coaching your rugby team!

The guy didn't want to leave rugby, he said as much in his interview after that dreadful 2011 exit, he was delusional and no one wanted to touch him, he knew his time was up, he had relied on success that been built off the back of a monster pack at club level and and a 12 month honeymoon phase that followed years of Eddie O'Sullivan. However as we began to see as the time grew and the time was forced to put up with Kidney more and more the team got ****ter and ****ter until eventually we were so bad that we lost to Italy for the first time ever and finished on the lowest points in a six nations tournament than we have in god knows how long.

But yeah, if you want to think that Kidney was a real pillar of the coaching community then fine. O'Driscoll has come out on multiple occasions about Kidney's dreadful coaching. The guy was the most uninspiring and boring coaches out there. He was not a leader, not someone you would follow into battle, not someone you would respect and his coveted 'man management' was a disgrace. He allowed Paul O'Connell to stay on after he had knocked out an Ulster second row so hard that the victim started having a seizure. He turned his back on Leinster before a pivotal semi final without even saying goodbye to the squad, he did nothing to diffuse the Sexton-O'Gara situation and ignorantly decided against playing Leinster HC winning players that were at the time on the form of their life and playing with a winning style.

The guy was a phoney and he was eventually found out. Eddie O'Sullivan deserves the Grand Slam medal and Kidney should be down on his knees thanking that Musnter pack every single day for making him look like a competent coach because they literally picked and drived their way to two HC cups.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

WarZ, please stop posting rubbish.

Being deliberately inflammatory is neither clever or funny and if you continue down this road you will eventually find yourself banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

awec wrote: »
    WarZ, please stop posting rubbish.

Being deliberately inflammatory is neither clever or funny and if you continue down this road you will eventually find yourself banned.

And if I may add... Have we fallen to the level of Schmidt vs Kidney arguments..? A sad day for the forum.

Let me help you end that embarrassment.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement