Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ire V Arg: Post match thread. Zero Tolerance read post 1

Options
  • 18-10-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

OK, result didn't go our way and we are out. So let's talk about it like ADULTS.

This will be a zero tolerance thread. Player abuse or poster abuse will not be accepted. GIVE REASONS for your points if you don't you run the risk of appearing as a troll and be infracted or banned.

NOT reading this post or any of the forum warnings or the charter will not be an excuse.

Comments

gfdfgahb tawipht4uiq ht4uqbhtp9vuwap ih piubiurdas wae49h8 zstrh9 r98uf\e n9u\4 un np[o [hpin

headbang_zps2ac29901.gif~c200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The better team won. Considering how many players we've got out, we did our best.

Fitzgerald, best and McGrath were great.

Hopefully Joe stays with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Obviously it's disappointing. But ultimately the better side one. Argentina were ruthless and it's quite scary comparing them to their last two World Cups were it was kick everything, they ran at us from everywhere and kicked very little and caused us serious issues.

We never seemed to have a plan to get into the Argentina half and create chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭flunkyfearsome

Oh woe is me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Obviously disappointing, certainly didn't deserve a 23 point beating. You get the sense there was a massive momentum swing between the red card issue and the subsequent missed kick.

Fitzgerald had a massive game off the bench, Madigan does not deserve the vitriol that is certainly going to be directed at him.

Ultimately the fast start killed us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Argies were fantastic
    Hopefully we hold on to Joe
    English and French will be knocking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Think our reductive game plan came back to bite us somewhat, it's not very good for chasing games. Serious questions have to be asked about the defensive plan, why so passive? Almost a carbon copy of the issues we had against Wales last time out, standing back off tackles and drifting too passively.

Such a waste of talented players again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm gutted. Have so enjoyed this World Cup, but we were beaten by a better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Support your team win lose or draw. Fair play argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

I encourage you to read the first 20 pages of the other thread. Hilarious stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Better team won, really that simple. Blame on the ref? Meh, play the ref in front of you not how you want the ref to play.

Defensively poor all game, too narrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

The start left us too much to do. But aside from that for the majority of the game they out played Ireland in all aspects of the game expect for the line out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Hard luck to Ireland.

Argentina where simply the better side, best of luck to them for the rest of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Stl088

Gap between the hemispheres is as great as its ever been.

A complete re-tool of NH rugby is in order, or NH is going to have a hard time ever making another World Cup Final, let alone winning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Rory Best was my man of the match. Played like a man possessed. What a shame that man won't get another shot at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Stev_o wrote: »
    Obviously it's disappointing. But ultimately the better side one. Argentina were ruthless and it's quite scary comparing them to their last two World Cups were it was kick everything, they ran at us from everywhere and kicked very little and caused us serious issues.

We never seemed to have a plan to get into the Argentina half and create chances.

I think they stole the French's soul last time out. They play like France used to, beautiful to watch. Rugby the way it's meant to be played tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well they kept going to the end. Did'nt do a la France. Argentina were certainly up for it. You just had to look at their reaction to their anthem, to know they had fire in their bellies. Will be interesting to see how the match up to Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Taco Corp wrote: »
    Better team won, really that simple. Blame on the ref? Meh, play the ref in front of you not how you want the ref to play.

Defensively poor all game, too narrow

Absolutely better team won but that ref did not put in a display he'd want to remember no doubt, some shocking oversights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I don't understand why Murray keeps booting the ball away straight to an opposition player. It doesn't seem to achieve anything?

Can somebody explain this to me? Yes I'm a rugby noob but addicted after this World Cup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

The better team won. Considering how many players we've got out, we did our best.

Fitzgerald, best and McGrath were great.

Hopefully Joe stays with us.

nah, not buying that "players injured battered tired blah blah"

writing was on the wall from the Italian game AND the warm up games where we apparently we're keeping something up our sleeve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Argentina were outstanding but the team from 1 to 15 played poorly. Madigan, what to say. I can't say he cost us the game but his kicking from hand was soul destroying. Every time he got on the ball my heart was in my mouth.

Both kearnys were caught out badly defensively. Earls was poor.

Everybody else was 6/10 at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I think they stole the French's soul last time out. They play like France used to, beautiful to watch. Rugby the way it's meant to be played tbh.

**** that's exactly who they reminded me of actually. Scary pack and a backline which doesn't exactly scare you when you give them them the eyeball test but bloodhell are they creactive, strong and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Chris Henry and Rory Best had great games I thought
    Obviously gutted but Argentina were very impressive, and have been throughout the tournament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

AUSTRALIA v ARGENTINA going to be an epic game (hopefully).

Sad to say but semi finals contain the tournaments 4 best teams....

And yes Australia will beat Scotland....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭A-Train

Calmed down a bit now, just so disappointed tbh like everybody!

Argies the better team today in general, got the rub of the green for the littles knocks and touchs! Especially with ref with the breakdown and 2nd yellow not given.

The France match killed us! Never going to recover after missing the 5 lads!

Ireland have never won a knock out match in the World Cup I think that's what is so annoying to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I thought Best & Murray were top class. Fitz & McGrath were very good from the bench. Too many of the rest weren't up to standard, and we were too passive in defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

No questioning Ross at scrum time but think his work around the rest of park is not enough. He served us well, no doubt but now time to look beyond him in the 6nations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

EazyD wrote: »
    Absolutely better team won but that ref did not put in a display he'd want to remember no doubt, some shocking oversights.

the ref!?!??!? oh ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

better coached team won, with better set of players

well done Argentina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ireland seem to struggle when they don't have the underdogs tag. Argentina had much greater pace being lighter in the backs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement