Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General QF build-up (excluding Irl v Arg)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

that's ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Scotland have had Gray and Ford decision over turned and they're both available to play tomorrow.

so all the whinging about SOB getting banned for 1 week for a single punch, but its ok to turn a guy upside down and drop him on his head.

Its beyond a joke at this stage

the mother of ben robinson in the concussion documentary is 100% right when she said nothing will change until there is a death on live tv.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

https://twitter.com/JoeMarler/status/655309057486671872

Fairly sure he's joking......

Also I heard last night when he was playing for Quins the ref was having a word with him about something and Marler said "you have to understand my frustration levels here, you didn't get kicked out of the world cup, I did"

• Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

may do my match preview again ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't understand emoticons anymore, what does the turtle mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I don't understand emoticons anymore, what does the turtle mean?

it symbolises how quickly marler moves around the pitch. :cool:

.ak wrote: »
    Out of all the bans it was clearly the most dangerous incident. The guy was dropped on his head and his whole body weight was placed through his neck. Three weeks was lenient!

I dunno man. He was already bridged over the ball with his head right by the ground. All that happened was his legs were lifted - unfortunately both at the same time, by two different players.

aimee1 wrote: »
    so all the whinging about SOB getting banned for 1 week for a single punch, but its ok to turn a guy upside down and drop him on his head.

Its beyond a joke at this stage

the mother of ben robinson in the concussion documentary is 100% right when she said nothing will change until there is a death on live tv.

That's a bit dramatic. They aren't playing tiddlywinks, there are risks involved. The Samoan player was essentially already past horizontal, he wasn't turned over and dumped on his head.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

.ak wrote: »
    Out of all the bans it was clearly the most dangerous incident. The guy was dropped on his head and his whole body weight was placed through his neck. Three weeks was lenient!

Jack Lam and the Samoan Rugby union apparently asked for the ban to be reduced. For all the weight their opinion carries with WR...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Scotland have had Gray and Ford decision over turned and they're both available to play tomorrow.

Won't make any difference they are going to get battered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm stunned by this.

Felt sorry for the Scottish lads but at the same time it looked really dangerous. World Rugby need to sort their house out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Feels odd after the last few weeks having to wait until eight o'clock for the next game.

Reminder Ireland. You're good, but maybe not as good as you think.

(I could eat these words).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Basil3 wrote: »

Let's hope all the other teams have that attitude anyway, if people continue to underestimate us we will continue to win

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Good enough to not have to get a hiding from New Zealand tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What an odd comment to make... You'd swear we were all making posts about how good we were ... The last few pages are full of posts about the Scottish bans :confused:

Advertisement