Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General QF build-up (excluding Irl v Arg)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Eh Twitter is saying France have sacked PSA....and the players are going to "coach themselves" at the weekend...

:pac:

Bernard Jackman seems to be the most credible source on this it has to be said

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In many ways it's a lethal concoction. All the coaching and background work is still there, but the players should be super motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

iroced wrote: »

No we can't do that. We'd be blown away. I hate what PSA has made of our national team but we have to be pragmatic now. We can't attack. We saw it against Ireland. Mistakes/bad choices/unforced errors at the end of each one of them. PSA built a strong physical defensive team. We defended very well against Ireland, committing very few fouls, not giving away many penalties. We were pretty well disciplined. We need to have a similar game and exploit a bit better our counterattacks. Parra should help for that matter.

I thought France were far too passive, especially in the second half, in defence. Their line speed was snail like in comparisons to Irelands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Love this from the Guardian's sports writers' predictions for the quarter finals:
    New Zealand v France

Who will win?
    France by 10 points.

Why? Haven't a clue. They are French.

Full set of predictions here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Moflojo wrote: »
    Love this from the Guardian's sports writers' predictions for the quarter finals:

Full set of predictions here.

If the rumours are true then the french players had better front up tmrw night. Epic weekend ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is it just Australia we're waiting on now to name their team?

Is it just Australia we're waiting on now to name their team?

@ScottSio, @stevemoore83 (c), @SekopeKpu, @_kanedoug, Rob Simmons, @Scottfardy, Michael Hooper (vc), @BenMcCalman

Will Genia, @bernardfoley, @drew_mitchell, @giteau_rugby, @Tevitakuridrani, @AdamCoopy, @Kurtley_beale.

No Pocock - slips off to draft in Hooper for fantasy rugger team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

No Pocock? I thought he escaped a banning?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    No Pocock? I thought he escaped a banning?

injured

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

aimee1 wrote: »
    injured

Yeah, and Folau out too. Hmmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

No Pocock or Folau, should still be comfortable against Scotland. Cooper on the bench is a bit of a surprise, no real cover if the back 3 get any injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Pocock and Folau being saved for us.

Pocock and Folau were both carrying knocks. Izzy from before the Wales game and it was fairly obvious he wasn't fully fit last weekend. I'd say they're lucky to be facing Scotland which makes the decision to risk players or not a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Just saw that someone's trying to get a minute's applause on the 5th for Paulie. Nice idea I suppose but he's not dead, folks! :D

Scotland will win. I don't know why nobody's taking me seriously.

Resting two of their best players in a quarter final. Crazy stuff

Resting two of their best players in a quarter final. Crazy stuff

both injured. its not like the replacements weaken them

aimee1 wrote: »
    both injured. its not like the replacements weaken them

That makes more sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Scotland will win. I don't know why nobody's taking me seriously.

I genuinely believe they can win. They are improving all the time, have decent players and Australia looked ropey enough at times against Wales.

The Scots will get a limited number of chances but if they take them, this is going to be a hell of a game.

I genuinely believe they can win. They are improving all the time, have decent players and Australia looked ropey enough at times against Wales.

The Scots will get a limited number of chances but if they take them, this is going to be a hell of a game.

Scotland looked rubbish against South Africa, although they had made a lot of changes for that one.... you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Scotland looked rubbish against South Africa, although they had made a lot of changes for that one.... you never know.

Scotland blatantly threw that one.
    This could be a big upset.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

yeah with Folau and Pocock out this game got a lot more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

CatFromHue wrote: »
    yeah with Folau and Pocock out this game got a lot more interesting.

Folau has been far from his best up to now and has shown very little. Kurtley Beale will be relishing this opportunity.

What I would love to happen: Scotland Win
    What is going to happen: Scotland aren't going to win at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Wales by 2
    NZ by 25
    Aus by 32

And even though it's the wrong thread
    Ireland by 14

Scotland have had Gray and Ford decision over turned and they're both available to play tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Scotland have had Gray and Ford decision over turned and they're bother available to play tomorrow.

Wow, that's mad.

Now I would feel hard done by if I was Fiji, Samoa, Tonga etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

Wow! I can't believe that! Now, for the first time, that does have a whiff of tier 1 bias.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Out of all the bans it was clearly the most dangerous incident. The guy was dropped on his head and his whole body weight was placed through his neck. Three weeks was lenient!

Advertisement