Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 Fluence ze new to me.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,228 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very coy then lads about what you paid for your Fluence ZE?

I'm quite interested in owning one and I could live with the lease and the limitations of this (failed) car as long as it was very cheap to buy. A regular poster here said with some authority that they go for €4k - €4.5k for a '12

I have not yet heard any owner here say how much they paid for their Fluence ZE

You guys being so reluctant to talk about it, because you paid a lot more than that?

The only fact I can go on is that a Renault dealer had a near zero miles (so nearly brand new - spent its life in a showroom) car advertised for €7.9k for many months (obviously there were no takers)

It's still for sale:

linky

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

unkel wrote: »
    Very coy then lads about what you paid for your Fluence ZE?

I'm quite interested in owning one and I could live with the lease and the limitations of this (failed) car as long as it was very cheap to buy. A regular poster here said with some authority that they go for €4k - €4.5k for a '12

I have not yet heard any owner here say how much they paid for their Fluence ZE

You guys being so reluctant to talk about it, because you paid a lot more than that?

The only fact I can go on is that a Renault dealer had a near zero miles (so nearly brand new - spent its life in a showroom) car advertised for €7.9k for many months (obviously there were no takers)

It's still for sale:

linky

Interesting, I wonder how low he would go to shift it? Assuming still 70 or more per month to lease the battery?

Its probably been test driven, as he has 227km on the advert, then mentions 475km in the text.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Interesting, I wonder how low he would go to shift it? Assuming still 70 or more per month to lease the battery?

Its probably been test driven, as he has 227km on the advert, then mentions 475km in the text.

It is not just the one car, there was a dozen or so altogether, and they are selling. At the dealer were I bought mine they had four when I first looked and by the time I decided to buy, there was only two left to pick from (couple of weeks). There are some great deals to be had on these but who ever said 4000 is just full of ****.

Are you still entitled to an ESB installed home charger if you buy a 3 yr old 'new' car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Are you still entitled to an ESB installed home charger if you buy a 3 yr old 'new' car?

Nope.

No, but search the web and you can find them cheaper , find out the cable to run from your electrician, run it yourself from your consumer unit to where you want the charge point, get the electrician to connect it either end.

If the car you get has the 6.6 Jw charger go with the 32 amp charge point it's not much more expensive.

The charge point will pay for itself compared to petrol or diesel.

No, but search the web and you can find them cheaper , find out the cable to run from your electrician, run it yourself from your consumer unit to where you want the charge point, get the electrician to connect it either end.

If the car you get has the 6.6 Jw charger go with the 32 amp charge point it's not much more expensive.

Can't see any cheaper, cheapest on Autotrader UK is £5995 = €8400, plus you have the cost/hassle of bringing it back from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can't see any cheaper, cheapest on Autotrader UK is £5995 = €8400, plus you have the cost/hassle of bringing it back from the UK.

I thought he was talking about the charge point being cheaper to ship in?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I thought he was talking about the charge point being cheaper to ship in?

I was talking about the charge point being cheaper to import.

here's a 32 amp one in Kildare, considering there isn't much of a price difference between the 16 & 32 amp I would go for the 32 amp even if the car only has the 3.3 kw, 3.3 kw won;t be common for very long.

http://theevcompany.com/product/e-volt-32-amp-untethered-charge-point/

• Advertisement

What do you think would buy that Fluence for cash?

What do you think would buy that Fluence for cash?

Which one ?

I wasn't aware you could transfer the battery lease from the U.K to ROI ?

I would not think so, but you can negotiate with the dealer to have a charge point included in your price, that is what i did. I'm still waiting for it a month later so I'm thinking I might have been better off taking that out of the deal and getting it done myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sgalvin

Obviously the cars were registered in 2012. The esb did allow the first 2,000 chargers for applicants. So if there was an application made within the first 2,000 chargers esb would have a charge point even if fitting had not been arranged.

Ref 16 amp vs 32 amp whilst the cost is the same it's not in the ESBs interest to offer 32 amps.

I was at an Engineers Ireland esb talk on the initial Ecar rollout years ago and there was an interest in increasing the night time base load as flat as possible. IE level and long.

There was even talk of intelligent charge points that would drop in and out to maintain this load automatically but it seems not to have happened.

On a simpler basis at present virtually all cars have a battery around 24 kWh.
    As people sleep 8 hrs a 3.5 kW rate is ideal for full recovery even if full flat ( not typically the case). Again not a lot of people commute more than 100kms per day 20,000 mm/year. Some do most don't!

Similarly the working day is 8-12 hrs again offering full recovery at 3.5 kW

What would have been nice for all was to use the 16 amp industrial plug used in caravans and marinas.
    Yes it doesn't have the full safety features of the j1772 but at under a tenner each it cost €400 less per point!!

Has been used extensively by amateurs for years so is tried and tested.
    Car parks and work places would more likely to make these available at this price point.

For high distances I do see the 45+ kW charge rate as part of the solution in service areas on motorways.

On a slightly lighter note I did notice motorways specifically forbid vehicles under 50cc. Not motorcycles but all vehicles. My taxbook shows 0 cc!!

I actually meant the Irish car.

Well the home charging point was installed yesterday, first one didn't work but luckily I was there to test it before they left and when it failed they just swapped it out there and then so all's well that ends well.
    The difference from the granny charger is astounding less than half the time for a full charge 6 hours from past empty compared to a painful 11 hours for a 90% charge.
    The wait time for the install was not even that bad at about 5 weeks but the communication was terrible.

I guess the last issue I have is with the ze services, it is up and running on the pc/phone side of things and I'm getting updates from the car.
    The issue is when in the car it still will not connect just saying "service not available in your country" and the tomtom won't find charging points because of this, which is ****ed up as that would be the whole point of this complicated setup in the first place.
    Has anyone gone through this that can give any advise on haw to get this last part of the system working.

Advertisement