Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 Fluence ze new to me.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Did any of you know that Damien Maguire is working with evtv to build a fast charging setup that can be retro fitted to any ev.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZcxqg7r7s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

unkel wrote: »
    If the battery fails, Renault will replace it free of charge...

Many owners have had issues getting the battery replaced. One owner in Austria i think had 6 months of arguing with renault before they replaced his battery.... during which he had to pay the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,230 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cros13 wrote: »
    Many owners have had issues getting the battery replaced. One owner in Austria i think had 6 months of arguing with renault before they replaced his battery.... during which he had to pay the lease.

Any link? I'd have Renault in the small claims court in weeks, not months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Any link? I'd have Renault in the small claims court in weeks, not months :D

http://www.renaultzeforum.com/forums/Thread-First-Fluence-battery-replacement

Did you read any of that? They are bought batteries and they are struggling to get a replacement under warranty. They all wished they had leased the batteries instead :D

• Advertisement

Well week one and all is well, mostly.

On the good side the car is now guestimating 100 km's range after an overnight charge.
    This turns out to be more like 120 km's as after my 92 km round trip I still have 25 km range displayed, I'm very happy with this as even after one week most of the range anxiety is gone as my commuting needs seem to well within the ability of the car..

The bad news is that I learned the hard way that Dublin city council is no fan of electric cars and will clamp you even while charging, (I guess that's why all the spaces are empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Lol did you think parking was free?

The bad news is that I learned the hard way that Dublin city council is no fan of electric cars and will clamp you even while charging, (I guess that's why all the spaces are empty.

Well if it was free you wouldn't have found a space to park, proves paying for leccy or parking works ! keeps them for for people who need them .

A hard lesson learned !

I did yes its free in Navan while your charging.
    Is it just in Navan?

I did yes its free in Navan while your charging.
    Is it just in Navan?

Carlow Town is free while charging too and a few other places. Some places in Dublin too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭stesaurus

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Well week one and all is well, mostly.

On the good side the car is now guestimating 100 km's range after an overnight charge.
    This turns out to be more like 120 km's as after my 92 km round trip I still have 25 km range displayed, I'm very happy with this as even after one week most of the range anxiety is gone as my commuting needs seem to well within the ability of the car..

DCC are very pro EV cars, we have 3 of them for staff use on a booking basis. I post about the fluence in the EV Facebook page. But it's well known that you have to pay for parking, even while charging. That's a rookie mistake that you hopefully won't make again :)

Our 2 fluences display 90isk KM on a full charge and that with people hoping in and out without any due regard to their well being. I'd say it would do more with a one owner car.

We also have the Kangoo EV too.

Please do share any / all of your experiences with the Fluences ZE on your fleet, kceire. Much appreciated!

Any battery issues? What age are the cars and what mileage is on them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Please do share any / all of your experiences with the Fluences ZE on your fleet, kceire. Much appreciated!

Any battery issues? What age are the cars and what mileage is on them?

I'll check again next week.
    I've posted a bit on the FB group with pics etc and average consumption so etc but as I mentioned it's a staff group car, so anybody can use them once booked in advance so the averages would not be reset all that often.

They are a nice car, little bit light at the front but they look 'normal' so that goes a long any for somebody considering an EV.

Nice spec too with leather, Bluetooth and colour screen sat nav.

The range is not great but I think that could be improved by a one owner car as you can reset the computer and it should recalibrate to your driving style as opposed to us and our drive it like we stole it attitude :)

MUNSTER:

County Cork
    Cork city : 4 hour free parking while charging in any of the Q Parks
    Free parking (and bus ride) in Black Ash park and ride (Need to apply for a membership card, email drive4zero@corkcity.ie for more info)

County Waterford
    Waterford city : Free while charging
    Tramore : Free while charging

County Limerick
    Limerick City: Must pay and display

County Clare
    Ennis: Free while charging

County Tipperary
    Clonmel : Must pay and display

LEINSTER:

Dublin city council
    Dublin: Must pay and display

County Wilcklow
    Bray : Free while charging

County Carlow
    Carlow town : Free while charging

County Wexford
    Wexford town : Free while charging
    Enniscorthy: Free while charging

County Meath
    Navan : Free while charging
    Kells : Free while charging

CONNACHT:

County Mayo
    Castlebar : Free while charging

ULSTER:

OTHER:
    Railway Stations : Must pay
    Luas Park and Ride Sites : For Luas users only, must pay

Credit for compiling this list goes to loverenault on the irishevowners dot com forum.

And to s.welstead for trying to link to the list..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

MUNSTER:

County Cork
    Cork city : 4 hour free parking while charging in any of the Q Parks
    Free parking (and bus ride) in Black Ash park and ride (Need to apply for a membership card, email drive4zero@corkcity.ie for more info)

County Waterford
    Waterford city : Free while charging
    Tramore : Free while charging

County Limerick
    Limerick City: Must pay and display

County Clare
    Ennis: Free while charging

County Tipperary
    Clonmel : Must pay and display

LEINSTER:

Dublin city council
    Dublin: Must pay and display

County Wilcklow
    Bray : Free while charging

County Carlow
    Carlow town : Free while charging

County Wexford
    Wexford town : Free while charging
    Enniscorthy: Free while charging

County Meath
    Navan : Free while charging
    Kells : Free while charging

CONNACHT:

County Mayo
    Castlebar : Free while charging

ULSTER:

OTHER:
    Railway Stations : Must pay
    Luas Park and Ride Sites : For Luas users only, must pay

Credit for compiling this list goes to loverenault on the irishevowners dot com forum.

And to s.welstead for trying to link to the list..

If you are implying that parking is free while charging in Wexford it's not.
    I rang up about it and was told I'd need a ticket.
    Also spoke to someone that was fined in enniscorthy while charging.

That said the official line is one thing. Sometimes no one bothers tell the staff on the ground. Can you post a link for the above source please?
    At the very least it would be something you could appeal in if you were hit with a fine.

I think boards is blocking the link, but the details to where i got the information are at the bottom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jw85rjb3u7e8sm/Parking%20Free%20or%20not%20while%20charging.docx?dl=0

Here is a link to the email from wexford cc saying that it free while charging.. (think that's what it says)

Cheers,

All that says is that the majority of clerks in Wexford were in favour of free parking while charging, not that anything is enacted. That letter also doesn't have a date and things may have changed.

Based on what they told me a few weeks back and meeting someone that was fined while charging I wouldn't rely on it.

I'll try nab a warden next week and ask him, then post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 garg

I was told by DCC that it is free to park if the charge point parking space is painted green? Is this not true? Also all train station points are free if you are in the box and the car is plugged in.

• Advertisement

garg wrote: »
    I was told by DCC that it is free to park if the charge point parking space is painted green? Is this not true? Also all train station points are free if you are in the box and the car is plugged in.

I would love it to be true, but all of these conditions were met and dcc clampers would not remove the clamp without payment.
    Who told you this and do you think you could get it in writing?

kceire wrote: »
    DCC are very pro EV cars, we have 3 of them for staff use on a booking basis. I post about the fluence in the EV Facebook page. But it's well known that you have to pay for parking, even while charging. That's a rookie mistake that you hopefully won't make again :)

Our 2 fluences display 90isk KM on a full charge and that with people hoping in and out without any due regard to their well being. I'd say it would do more with a one owner car.

We also have the Kangoo EV too.

I meant Pro as in actually supportive (financially) not just lip service.
    Many of the forward thinking european cities allow free parking while charging, allow ev's to use bus lanes and some even go as far as to penalize ice cars for entering the city.

And as for mad lads comment about there not being a space if they were free, can't you just put in more spaces? lots more, so many that it does not make sense to bring an ice car into the city.

Maybe I'm thinking to quickly, but if ev drivers don't expect this and ask for it then who will?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-in_electric_vehicles_in_Norway

Ok one month in and my experience so far.

The car is gorgeous, I have quickly grown to enjoy its comfort and ease of use it's an absolute joy to drive.

Charging- well it's all done at home 99.9% anyway. it's just so much more convenient.

Renault. blah took my money and ran, I have had absolutely zero contact from them regarding ze services contract nor home charger install. The salesman has been responsive and pleasant but his hands are tied by Renault.

esb ecars. appalling

1st charge stop mark st - cars parked in bays, got them moved only to find the evse not working anyway.

2nd charge stop mirrion sq. evse worked flawlessly but got clamped for not paying parking fees (I had checked with navan county council and was informed that it was free while charging never imagined the DCC would be so anti ev)

3rd and 4th were in Navan and no issues.

5th charge stop in blanch, plugged in and charged while having lunch, returned to find i could not unplug form scp another contact to esb in the rain, yes i did cop on after a few minutes and sit in out of the rain to wait for them to do whatever they do.

6th charge stop the coffee cup off the M1, failed to recognize card, started to call esb again and just gave up and headed home.

At this point the only benefit has been able to park for free in Navan, not really bothered with that so tend not to use the charge points anymore can't rely on them working anyway.

Overall I'm delighted with the car and glad I made the switch it's a great commuter car and a pleasure to drive.

Max range 130km, avg range 110km, displaying 16.9kwh/100km

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I have had absolutely zero contact from them regarding ze services contract nor home charger install. The salesman has been responsive and pleasant but his hands are tied by Renault.

What is ZE services
    and do Renault install a home charger

k123456 wrote: »
    What is ZE services
    and do Renault install a home charger

ze services is renaults live data, it lets you see and control charging on your phone.

I don't know who is supposed to be installing the charger but a home charger install was part of the deal I made when buying the car and it clearly states that on the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Interesting re the home charger, a wall mounted one, professionally installed is expensive

Roen wrote: »
    Cheers,

All that says is that the majority of clerks in Wexford were in favour of free parking while charging, not that anything is enacted. That letter also doesn't have a date and things may have changed.

Based on what they told me a few weeks back and meeting someone that was fined while charging I wouldn't rely on it.

I'll try nab a warden next week and ask him, then post back.

Right, I finally passed as one was working. Free while charging in Wexford town at any rate, but you must show you are charging. Not sure how that works with some models regarding lights flashing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sgalvin

Hi heliguyheliguy

I am also about 5 weeks in and am also very impressed with the car.
    Apart from a last minute requirement to go to Dublin from Cork haven't driven any petrol.

I have done ~2,000 km since I got it and am getting similar range.
    My return commute is 60 km and uses 50% battery day in day out.
    My economy was about 16 kWh/100 km but has gone up a bit since my wife likes her heat and drives everywhere at 140 when ever possible!

I haven't done anything with ZE services. I Updated the satnav with tomtoms support which included all the petrol stations but not charge points!

I assume the ZE services will add the charge points. As you use points it adds them to its Map anyway.

I charge at home all the time but have used the free parking/charging in cork city car parks but no more than 20kwh if I'm honest.
    I got an old esb card from a friend used it once to see how it worked so haven't applied for my own yet. (The car parks don't require swipe cards)

A month without a firm installation date is bit much.
    Get a written quote for an installation and ask the dealer for a refund for that amount as he hasn't delivered it as per contract.
    Agree to pay it back if installed within 2 weeks. If not get someone else to do it.

Ok one month in and my experience so far.

The car is gorgeous, I have quickly grown to enjoy its comfort and ease of use it's an absolute joy to drive.

Charging- well it's all done at home 99.9% anyway. it's just so much more convenient.

Renault. blah took my money and ran, I have had absolutely zero contact from them regarding ze services contract nor home charger install. The salesman has been responsive and pleasant but his hands are tied by Renault.

esb ecars. appalling

1st charge stop mark st - cars parked in bays, got them moved only to find the evse not working anyway.

2nd charge stop mirrion sq. evse worked flawlessly but got clamped for not paying parking fees (I had checked with navan county council and was informed that it was free while charging never imagined the DCC would be so anti ev)

3rd and 4th were in Navan and no issues.

5th charge stop in blanch, plugged in and charged while having lunch, returned to find i could not unplug form scp another contact to esb in the rain, yes i did cop on after a few minutes and sit in out of the rain to wait for them to do whatever they do.

6th charge stop the coffee cup off the M1, failed to recognize card, started to call esb again and just gave up and headed home.

At this point the only benefit has been able to park for free in Navan, not really bothered with that so tend not to use the charge points anymore can't rely on them working anyway.

Overall I'm delighted with the car and glad I made the switch it's a great commuter car and a pleasure to drive.

Max range 130km, avg range 110km, displaying 16.9kwh/100km

How much did you pay for your cars lads and how much is your monthly battery lease, with what kinda contract?

• Advertisement

I contacted customer.services@renault.co.uk by email and they sorted it within 6 hours. still no charge point map in the car yet but my online account shows them so i think its just a matter of time for the car to update. (jan-bart on facebook's advise)

Yes I will have to start getting tough about the home install.

Advertisement