Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Fr. Stone is trolling, don't feed fish and chips to the trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Fr. Stone is trolling, don't feed fish and chips to the trolls.

Is that Terry Shannon manning the Fr. Stone account?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

In all seriousness I would have thought the Grand Parade location was better than MacCurtain. Maybe rents are not comparable

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

bingo9999 wrote: »
    In all seriousness I would have thought the Grand Parade location was better than MacCurtain. Maybe rents are not comparable

I'd say it's the rent, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd say it's the rent, alright.

Rent I'd say that's prime real estate right next to the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭sporina

whats the story with Easons in town? Its not open

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭chrisd2019

sporina wrote: »
    whats the story with Easons in town? Its not open

Opening w/c June 29 is what their website currently says.

chrisd2019 wrote: »
    Opening w/c June 29 is what their website currently says.

thought it was originally suppose to open at the start of June?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    Here lies the problem, people want to park right in front of where they want to go. The bus lane on MacCurtain st should be a 24 hr bus lane and no parking. The amount times of seen buses stuck in traffic due to asshats parking the bus lane during restricted hours. The city will always be clogged with traffic with attitudes like above.

ah its grand if you have your hazards on shur...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

New Italian deli open on Carey's lane.

• Advertisement

New Italian deli open on Carey's lane.

yeah say that a few weeks ago - what was there before? was it a dress shop? something closet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

sporina wrote: »
    yeah say that a few weeks ago - what was there before? was it a dress shop? something closet?

Yeah it was a dress shop. Cari's closet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Metropole have opened a coffee dock onto Harley Street and outdoor seating. We need more of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Dbu

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Metropole have opened a coffee dock onto Harley Street and outdoor seating. We need more of this.

Is providing outdoor seating not banned at this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

Dbu wrote: »

Is providing outdoor seating not banned at this time?

Don't believe so, 3 Little Piggies on Union Quay have been doing it for weeks. Spotted one or two places on MacCurtain St with seats on the pavement as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

SOMA Coffee on Tuckey Street. Unbelievably some people think it would be better to have cars parked here instead. Baby steps but things are changing slowly but surely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Nice effort by Soma, but might be an idea for the Council to provide seating along that street?

Plenty of people getting takeaway food and coffee in that area.

Why pedestrianise and then not utilise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Nice effort by Soma, but might be an idea for the Council to provide seating along that street?

Plenty of people getting takeaway food and coffee in that area.

Why pedestrianise and then not utilise?

Who do you think provided the lawn? Rates rebate, free parking in two city centre car parks, hundreds of thousands spent on deep cleaning, anything else you’d like ?

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Lough Cafe rereopened on Wednesday. Nice to see them back - the Lough needs a cafe. They've done a nice job refurbishing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Looks so much better, gives the city some athmosphere outside and if it rains I'd bet ya people would still sit outside under an umbrella. Looks so much better then the cars that were when I went to soma a few weeks back..hopefully more like this in the future.

• Advertisement

Who do you think provided the lawn? Rates rebate, free parking in two city centre car parks, hundreds of thousands spent on deep cleaning, anything else you’d like ?

But they've pedestrianised the street (which is great) but done nothing with it. The potential is not being used.

But they've pedestrianised the street (which is great) but done nothing with it. The potential is not being used.

What do you want them to do? Cobblestone the entire street?
    It will be done properly but the money isn’t going fall from the sky.

What do you want them to do? Cobblestone the entire street?
    It will be done properly but the money isn’t going fall from the sky.

Yeah, I know. Just seems a bit lacking in imagination. Some public seating wouldn't cost a great deal. Just seems like a lack of follow through to me.

Yeah, I know. Just seems a bit lacking in imagination. Some public seating wouldn't cost a great deal. Just seems like a lack of follow through to me.

@!

@!

Lol! Fair enough. I just hope there's something planned. Maybe I'm a tad... impatient :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I assure you, that you do not want public seating.

It attracts scum.

Darc19 wrote: »

It attracts scum.

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

It attracts scum.

This seem to be the argument about everything now a days..can't do public toilets because it attracts scum, new art features etc attract scum. This is a problem with the policing of the city and that needs to be sorted. Unfair for the rest of the city population who aren't scum to lose out because of a few.

Police correctly and the scum will go. Or so one would hope.. feel we would be waiting a while for that though. Not saying it isn't a problem because it is and we all know it is but it's just frustrating to lose out on so much stuff because a few idiots ruin it

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

It attracts scum.

Define scum there will you Mother Theresa ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Police correctly and the scum will go. Or so one would hope.. feel we would be waiting a while for that though.

The only place they go, without locking them up, is somewhere else, around the corner for 10 mins, before returning to create a nuisance. They don't evaporate into thin air.

Advertisement