Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Vancouver flights won't be back until the summer season 2020.
    Sorry mixed up meant Toronto! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 300 gates usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Does anyone know the what airport lounge does Qatar use in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Does anyone know the what airport lounge does Qatar use in Dublin ?

EAST lounge between T2 and T1. Short walk down from Aer Lingus and DAA T2 lounges. It’s the old Etihad lounge quite nice and the better of all the lounges.

Any passenger flying with an airline East with a business product can gain access, you can pay either €50 pre-booked or €55 at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

I booked Business Class flights to Las Vegas directly with Aer Lingus for March. Flying solo before meeting others there and treated myself. Fares were expensive but not outrageous.

Anyway I looked at the options and opted to head out via Boston and connect to a Jet Blue flight to Las Vegas with Mint Class as have read that is the best Premium Class service in USA and back with an Alaska Airlines Connection via LAX. So far so good.On the booking screen the Jet Blue connection is listed as Business.

When the itinerary came via E Mail it said that both connecting flights were in Economy and there were separate booking references for these flights as well as them all showing on the original booking. I rang Aer Lingus within the 24 hour period (and E Mailed them) within the 24hr period that you can cancel US flights and the American agent confirmed that all 4 sectors were in Business Class. Happy out.

I have a screenshot from Manage My Booking saying Business Class for all sectors but still on the irinerary they are showing as Economy connecting flights, I used the booking ref for the Jet Blue flight in order to try and snag one of the "throne seats" but that booking is still showing as economy class and therefore unable to reserve a seat.

I am a savvy enough traveller but not sure what to do in this case as the Aer Lngus agent is saying one thing and the itinerary is still saying another.

Has anybody been in a similar situation or jave any advice on how to dea with this situation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Clon63 wrote: »
    I booked Business Class flights to Las Vegas directly with Aer Lingus for March. Flying solo before meeting others there and treated myself. Fares were expensive but not outrageous.

Anyway I looked at the options and opted to head out via Boston and connect to a Jet Blue flight to Las Vegas with Mint Class as have read that is the best Premium Class service in USA and back with an Alaska Airlines Connection via LAX. So far so good.On the booking screen the Jet Blue connection is listed as Business.

When the itinerary came via E Mail it said that both connecting flights were in Economy and there were separate booking references for these flights as well as them all showing on the original booking. I rang Aer Lingus within the 24 hour period (and E Mailed them) within the 24hr period that you can cancel US flights and the American agent confirmed that all 4 sectors were in Business Class. Happy out.

I have a screenshot from Manage My Booking saying Business Class for all sectors but still on the irinerary they are showing as Economy connecting flights, I used the booking ref for the Jet Blue flight in order to try and snag one of the "throne seats" but that booking is still showing as economy class and therefore unable to reserve a seat.

I am a savvy enough traveller but not sure what to do in this case as the Aer Lngus agent is saying one thing and the itinerary is still saying another.

Has anybody been in a similar situation or jave any advice on how to dea with this situation?

Check the plane type on jet blue and your seat number

Www.seatguru.com

Just enter your jet blue flight numbers and the date
    What does it say

You are entitled to choose your seats,so if you cannot do that online,either do it on the phone with Aer Lingus or jet blue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

EAST lounge between T2 and T1. Short walk down from Aer Lingus and DAA T2 lounges. It’s the old Etihad lounge quite nice and the better of all the lounges.

Any passenger flying with an airline East with a business product can gain access, you can pay either €50 pre-booked or €55 at the door.

Just to say that I flew with Qatar Business in October and it wasn't the new East lounge

we were directed to the existing DAA lounge

Riskymove wrote: »
    Just to say that I flew with Qatar Business in October and it wasn't the new East lounge

we were directed to the existing DAA lounge

No access to Cathay either
    But I'm surprised Qatar as they were on the launch briefs

I won’t be travelling for a few more months hopefully by then I be able to get into the east lounge by then as you know things change

So what’s Qatar business class like ?

Really? Sorry for the mis-information I was going on the launch events/news that it was open to all airlines that are flying East. What a crock. The DAA lounges are grim.

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    No access to Cathay either
    But I'm surprised Qatar as they were on the launch briefs

yes I was looking forward to trying the new lounge and was disappointed when it happened

So what’s Qatar business class like ?

very, very good

The food in particular is great

I was on a few different planes with different set ups

The Dreamliner out of Dublin is very comfortable

I wasn't as blown away with the QSuite as I thought I would be and preferred the older setup on a 777

Theres usually quite a bit of avios availability for those Qatar flights and cathay in J connecting on to all sorts of places
    You couldn't justify 3k plus cash prices otherwise
    Haven't flown Qatar (except short haul when BA were on strike) but thought the Cx A350 j service was great, one of the better flat seats
    I don't think QR have the Q suite ex Dub a lot if at all

You couldn't justify 3k plus cash prices otherwise
    Haven't flown Qatar (except short haul when BA were on strike) but thought the Cx A350 j service was great, one of the better flat seats
    I don't think QR have the Q suite ex Dub a lot if at all

got return to Japan rugby world cup for 2000
    you could get Tokyo return for 1800 at the time!

great value for Business class

No QSuite exDublin - they are not on the Dreamliner

Flew CX A350 from Heathrow a few years back in business (upgrade from Prem economy) and it was also very good

That's Quite unusual
    About 1100 cheaper for Qr than normal ex Dub
    They had a €1500 fare ex Ams to Dps and other destinations in j for much of this year
    Oneworld sales ex Dub have died a death since EI was sold

got it in a sale in February 2019 - flights October

Booked my Qatar flights after 1900 return to Bangkok in business, also includes seat res so I know myself and the better 1/2 will be sitting beside each other.

787 from Dublin and then 777 with a Q suite from Doha.

Can’t wait also does Qatar have a dress code for there business class and lounges in Doha ?

Also do you get fast track security in Dublin airport with business class ?

Crazy cheap, I got quoted when I went to Hong Kong last year nearly 3 grand for business class flights with virgin or ba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Can’t wait also does Qatar have a dress code for there business class and lounges in Doha ?
    I don't believe any airlines have dress codes. The days of that are long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭afatbollix

No dress codes but also don't be stupid.

Leave the crop tops at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I don't believe any airlines have dress codes. The days of that are long gone.

Take a look at the top of an Aer Lingus check in desk next time you’re in T2, because they certainly say that they have a dress code!

• Advertisement

Booked my Qatar flights after 1900 return to Bangkok in business, also includes seat res so I know myself and the better 1/2 will be sitting beside each other.

787 from Dublin and then 777 with a Q suite from Doha.

Also do you get fast track security in Dublin airport with business class ?

Crazy cheap, I got quoted when I went to Hong Kong last year nearly 3 grand for business class flights with virgin or ba

You'll get fast track
    You may (by now) have the east lounge at Dublin
    You can wear shorts and a t shirt in that lounge,the Doha one and on the plane if you want
    There are oodles of youtube videos on the Qatar Doha lounge and the Q suite
    You are not guaranteed a Q suite btw so be prepared
    Qatar do equipment changes at short notice so be aware of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Qantas lounges have a dress code. I don’t recall the specifics though.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Noxegon

You can only prebook between 13:00-18:00 apparently. Does anyone know whether you can buy at the door outside of those times?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Oh come now... There is of course a dress code.

Men: Top Hat and Tails

Women: Ballgowns

Luggage should be : LV at a minimum other acceptable pieces Prada, Gucci and onboard only Birkin Bags for the ladies.

Hair needs to be blown out prior to boarding and men should be coiffed impeccably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Noxegon wrote: »
    Probably along the lines of no sports or leisure wear, no shorts or beach-wear, no ripped jeans and no runners or sandals etc.

Noxegon wrote: »

They do in their Aunt Sally

rules for not just inside an airline lounge tbh. It's more distressing they need to spell it out though.

Riskymove wrote: »

Thongs seriously?
    That's not a dress code
    Wearing shorts sandals and a T shirt in the Qantas or any lounge or on a plane up front is what most first timers want to know about
    The answer is wear away
    No problem

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thongs seriously?
    That's not a dress code
    Wearing shorts sandals and a T shirt in the Qantas or any lounge or on a plane up front is what most first timers want to know about
    The answer is wear away
    No problem

Thongs in Australia mean sandals...

Advertisement