Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I fly with FR fairly frequently. I have used the RyanairApp and Smartphone tickets for the last 2 years and never once have I had a failure. I also haven't printed a ticket in over 18 months.

On-line check in up to 30 days in advance of your flight and if you are flying twice within 15 days of each other, you can check-in for both flights at the same time, it a dawdle. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Same, I never print boarding passes anymore, use the app for each carrier when travelling. I screenshot the QR code too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Yes, only the boarding pass. Theres no other documents.

Personally, even if I was to use the mobile app, I would print my tickets out too. Smartphone, even higher range ones now days are unreliable, and I don't fancy being stuck in an airport unable to board my flight thanks to a faulty app/phone.

Once you have passed security You can still board without your boarding pass/app pass once you pass a few security questions at the boarding gate and produce your passport, if it happens before security you can go to the check in desk to get a reprinted boarding card, once its on the system that you have already checked in a reprinted boarding pass has no charge, if you havent checked in and present yourself to the desk for check in/boarding pass there is a charge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Mech1 wrote: »

Didn't they have those in area 13/51 (or whatever it was called) in the level below departures nearly 10 years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

14 and yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If I check my parents in online for a flight on aer lingus to pick good seats can they print their boarding passes at the airport? They have no smart phones so app is not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,835 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

yes at either the self service machines or they can go up to a desk and have them printed... Will be issued with same seats as booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Quick question re Aer Lingus checkin. I am going on holiday in a few weeks with the family, flying from Dublin to Bourgas in Bulgaria. There's 4 of us, and there are 4 bags to be checked in.

Am I right in thinking that for check-in all we need is a print-off of the confirmation and booking itinerary for the flights, ie the email? Is there anything else we need, apart from the obvious stuff like passports.

I'm guessing as we're flying within Europe we don't need the API and all that Jazz?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭VG31

Quick question re Aer Lingus checkin. I am going on holiday in a few weeks with the family, flying from Dublin to Bourgas in Bulgaria. There's 4 of us, and there are 4 bags to be checked in.

Am I right in thinking that for check-in all we need is a print-off of the confirmation and booking itinerary for the flights, ie the email? Is there anything else we need, apart from the obvious stuff like passports.

I'm guessing as we're flying within Europe we don't need the API and all that Jazz?

You don't even need the confirmation email. All you need is your confirmation number.

Just use one of the Aer Lingus kiosks in T2 to check-in and then go to a desk to drop off your bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

VG31 wrote: »
    You don't even need the confirmation email. All you need is your confirmation number.

Just use one of the Aer Lingus kiosks in T2 to check-in and then go to a desk to drop off your bags.

Excellent! Thanks. My dad owes me a tenner now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Will be taking an early flight out of Dublin for a weeks holidays, what are the best Park and Fly hotels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Hi
    Is it true aer lingus and Ryanair are going to start charging for carry on luggage ?
    Someone told me from today they start - but can't find anything at least on aer lingus site
    Thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Hi
    Is it true aer lingus and Ryanair are going to start charging for carry on luggage ?
    Someone told me from today they start - but can't find anything at least on aer lingus site
    Thanks

There was something in the papers today about both airlines increasing the charges for checked in luggage, perhaps that was what the person read/heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tenger wrote: »
    There was something in the papers today about both airlines increasing the charges for checked in luggage, perhaps that was what the person read/heard?

I thought Ryanair were REDUCING them!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/02/pf/ryanair-reducing-checked-baggage-fees/

Hi
    Thanks

Good heavens no,

Ryanair and Aer Lingus charge different prices for check in luggage at different times of year. (Seasonally adjusted) June is one of the higher prices, and of course the tabloids catch this every year and try to make a story out of it. Every year. Best part is everyone forgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Anyone know which gates WOW Air use in T1? flight out tomorrow lunchtime and just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭VG31

Anyone know which gates WOW Air use in T1? flight out tomorrow lunchtime and just curious.

I think they use Pier 1 (Ryanair gates).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hi
    Thanks
    not true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Will be taking an early flight out of Dublin for a weeks holidays, what are the best Park and Fly hotels?

Price it up online, the earlier you do the better deal you get. Strike a balance though between distance to the airport and price. Quick Park also do parking.

If you're really lucky you'll get a good rate on the short term car park.

Don't leave it till the last minute!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Some news sources are saying that routes into and out of France and including routes entering French airspace are cancelled.

If so, how come the flight to Malta from Dublin is running as scheduled? Because it passes over French airspace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/airport-and-airlines-strikes-14-june-france-easyjet-scandinavian/

Out flight to Malta is Monday evening 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Some news sources are saying that routes into and out of France and including routes entering French airspace are cancelled.

If so, how come the flight to Malta from Dublin is running as scheduled? Because it passes over French airspace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/airport-and-airlines-strikes-14-june-france-easyjet-scandinavian/

Probably because it is economically possible to reroute it away from French airspace!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

they never close down their airspace and airports completely, they just reduce the capacity. I think it's up to airlines to decide which flights will go ahead using available slots, which will have to be re-routed and which flights will have to be cancelled. Re-routing has it's limits too, you can't just take all the traffic over Northern France and toss it over to Belgium for example, everything has it's limits, even sky

Some flights are, a lot aren't. Have a look at French airspace on Flightradar24!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I flew from Stansted to Malta during one of the atc strikes in January and we went over Belgium and Germany. We were lucky as there were tonnes of cancellations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Another timing thread - Sorry.

Got an 8am flight on Tuesday morning. Parking in Quickpark, then two cases to be bagdropped, and then the long walk to FR gates stopping off to grab some cheap Carrolls smokes in Duty Free.

Family with kids and a granny all checked in online with boarding cards printed.

Would I be ok arriving at T1 for around 6.15am? Or do I need a bit more padding? Seasoned travellers, so carry ons will be properly packed but that won't stop us being held up by other ejits.

Thanks all

SM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Another timing thread - Sorry.

Got an 8am flight on Tuesday morning. Parking in Quickpark, then two cases to be bagdropped, and then the long walk to FR gates stopping off to grab some cheap Carrolls smokes in Duty Free.

Family with kids and a granny all checked in online with boarding cards printed.

Would I be ok arriving at T1 for around 6.15am? Or do I need a bit more padding? Seasoned travellers, so carry ons will be properly packed but that won't stop us being held up by other ejits.

Thanks all

SM

06.15 should be fine, a lot of peak traffic will of cleared security in T1 by then. If you want to be extra safe try 06.00 but if you expect to be quick in duty free you will be fine. Will prob come out with at least 30 minutes for shopping with an 06.15 arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Your biggest concern would be the Ryanair bag drop, times with this can vary between no delay and 30 minutes depending on the flight schedules that morning. Ryanair offer bag drop the night before between the hours of 8pm on 10pm, one customer on the booking can check in all the bags at that time, might suit better if you live near the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Your biggest concern would be the Ryanair bag drop, times with this can vary between no delay and 30 minutes depending on the flight schedules that morning. Ryanair offer bag drop the night before between the hours of 8pm on 10pm, one customer on the booking can check in all the bags at that time, might suit better if you live near the airport.

At 06.15, between 50 & 60% of FR departures up to 08.00 will have closed check in desks so it should be much more calmer than an hour earlier. If you are worried about delays then 06.00 would be better but I wouldn't expect major issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Flying from Dublin to Toronto on EI129 on Wednesday 29th June, is this route serviced by one of the 757's? If so, what's the IFE like?

Coming home on EI108 on July 19th from JFK, is this a 757 or 330?

Thanks

Advertisement