Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive Attack. Olympia 19-01-16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

threein99 wrote: »
    Swap for two seated on Tuesday ? ;)

Not a chance ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Ya got sorted totally underestimated that.

Something really needs to be done about seat wave , they are ready and waiting the 2nd they're sold out its not yer regular tout putting them up

peteeeed wrote: »
    got weds tickets , incredible that resale tickets for tuesday were on sale at 9am for way over the face value price

I noticed that too .. seatwave tickets going for close to 200euro.

I noticed that too .. seatwave tickets going for close to 200euro.

They are given a batch to sell , its nothing to do with the secondary market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ya got sorted totally underestimated that.

Something really needs to be done about seat wave , they are ready and waiting the 2nd they're sold out its not yer regular tout putting them up

Seatwave = glorified touting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

nothing glorified about it

They are given a batch to sell , its nothing to do with the secondary market

I was wondering if people were already selling tickets they had bought in the presale, but I guess it makes more sense that a batch are held back for seatwave/ticketmaster to make more money off them. it's a nasty practice if that's the case.

When i was buying my campervan ticket for next years picnic i noticed a new statement on ticketmaster mentioning that proof of purchase would be required to prevent touting of campervan tickets.

They sold out within 48hrs, and sure enough up popped campervan tickets on seatwave starting at about three times the face value. i had a wry smile at that.

No touting policy, unless of course it's an official partner of ticketmaster doing the touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I was wondering if people were already selling tickets they had bought in the presale, but I guess it makes more sense that a batch are held back for seatwave/ticketmaster to make more money off them. it's a nasty practice if that's the case.

the whole thing is a scam, no other word for it. The fact that tickets show up there as soon as the event sells out confirms for me that that is the case.

some poor customer experiences here: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.seatwave.com

When i was buying my campervan ticket for next years picnic i noticed a new statement on ticketmaster mentioning that proof of purchase would be required to prevent touting of campervan tickets.

They sold out within 48hrs, and sure enough up popped campervan tickets on seatwave starting at about three times the face value. i had a wry smile at that.

No touting policy, unless of course it's an official partner of ticketmaster doing the touting.

Trent Reznor explains it well

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?59,548515

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Got my tickets for the Wednesday and tickets for foals as well. Happy bleedin days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Is Heligoland (2010) there latest album? Just wondering will they be playing all there old stuff or is there a new album out?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

magicmoves wrote: »
    Is Heligoland (2010) there latest album?

Sure is! Excluding re-issues of course!

Sure is! Excluding re-issues of course!

New album before the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

New album before the end of the year

Being a fan of Massive for 20 years now and one thing i've learned is to never believe that a new album is coming out until you literally have it in your hands (or ready to download online etc) because they are notorious for saying new stuff is on the way and it never surfaces, or like back in 2008 when they toured a setlist full of absolutely phenomenal tracks that was supposedly going to be the next album only to scrap pretty much every track as 3d got bored of them :D

Going to both nights, cannot ****ing wait because the Olympia is absolutely perfect for them!

gilmour wrote: »
    Going to both nights, cannot ****ing wait because the Olympia is absolutely perfect for them!

Agreed!

In hindsight, I would have preferred getting Wednesday tickets, but still buzzing here I got any tickets at all!

Will be an immense gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

We are going to wreck the place :)))))))))))))))

magicmoves wrote: »
    We are going to wreck the place :)))))))))))))))

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mcnultee

Anybody interested in swapping two standing tickets on Wednesday for two standing on Tuesday??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mcnultee wrote: »
    Anybody interested in swapping two standing tickets on Wednesday for two standing on Tuesday??

I will swap two sitting Tuesday for two standing Wednesday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mcnultee

I will swap two sitting Tuesday for two standing Wednesday :)
    Naaah, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fangoria

Was on at 9 too, standing sold out. I was in line for an upper circle ticket, but I opened a new tab to double check I selected the right options for standing, then lost my place in line for the upper circle.

Balls!

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie here in boards.ie, so apologies in advance if i make any mistakes here. I just wanted to ask you something, noe that the gig is sold out and there seems to be no chance to get third date.
    Has anyone been outside the Olympia theatre,at any concert night trying to get tickets? I know this is done at the 'three' arena, not sure about this venue, though.
    Thanks in Advance, regards

fangoria wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie here in boards.ie, so apologies in advance if i make any mistakes here. I just wanted to ask you something, noe that the gig is sold out and there seems to be no chance to get third date.
    Has anyone been outside the Olympia theatre,at any concert night trying to get tickets? I know this is done at the 'three' arena, not sure about this venue, though.
    Thanks in Advance, regards

Ya there will be , between touts and regular punter trying to sell their buddies ticket last minute. But don't leave it til the night , keep an eye out on toutless.ie and adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fangoria

Cheers thank you so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Got my tickets in the post this morning. Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I have 2 standing tickets for Tuesday 19th that I would like to swap for 2 standing tickets for Wednesday 20th.

Please PM me if you are interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Completely forgot about this, looking forward to it now!
    Approximate stage times as follows: doors open 7pm, support from Young Fathers due on at 7.45pm to 8.30pm, with Massive Attack due on stage at 9pm. We would expect the show to be over around 10.45pm/11pm. Please note, times subject to change as always and should be used as a guideline only.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

So what did everyone think? I was there last night and I have to be honest - I was a bit underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

sound was down too low , good that they played lots of news stuff but nothing was played from the first 2 albums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Sound was atrocious! I could see lips moving but unless I knew the song and knew what the lyrics should be, I couldn't tell what was being sung. There was feck all interaction with the audience. I'm not looking for a monologue or anything but a little bit of 'hey Dublin, great to be here' would have been nice. At least acknowledge the people who have paid money to come and see you.
    The graphics on the back were too much. If you tried to read them all you missed out on what was being mumbled on stage. The lighting was way too 'moody'. You could just make out who was where and then BAM, big feckin flash of bright light just to burn your retina.
    And as for the concert-**** who just stood there and chatted loudly all night, WTF is up with them?? Go to the pub and shout at each other there instead, not at a concert where people actually want to hear what's going on. Parts of it were good though; I'm glad I finally got to see them in concert, I'm chuffed I got to see Horace Andy; he's just amazing. It was great hearing 'teardrop', 'Inertia Creeps', 'Angel' etc. I was disappointed in how they just basically fecked off at the end too. The crowd seemed shocked at their lacklustre attempt at a finale at the end.
    And the queue for the cloak room (beyond MA's control obviously, but dear Jesus!)
    As for the numpty idiots infront of me, next time you're at a concert that packed, don't act the gob****e and start swaying three feet either side of you, us fools beside you were like skittles at a bowling lane. And bring your washing home to your mammy, the bang of BO and 'student smell' was bad! Oh and your girlfriend deciding that head-banging in the middle of a MA concert was NOT cool, too much hair flicking and 'dancy snake arms'!
    Although I could hardly hear them, I've been watching Young Fathers videos on-line and they now have a new fan.
    Believe it or not, I did actually enjoy parts of the concert though! :P

Advertisement