Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'arcy Show - 03/10/15 - RTE 1 @ 9:50

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Heckler wrote: »
    She was very vague. I think this and not sure about that. Made it seem like she woke up one day with a live in boyfriend. Been mentioned before about how she didn't wake up and someone said she was on medication. Darcy asked her explicitly how come she didn't wake up and she just said I don't know.

He pled guilty and rape is an horrific crime but how on earth does someone not medicated ie. just asleep, not wake up to being vaginally penetrated ?

I didn't realise that she anawered that she didn't know why she didn't wake up. She was slso unsure if he was even her BF, despite them moving in together. Wtf was she doing with him? The whole interview was 'out there,' and did not belong on a chat show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

KineEebzT.jpeg

If it looks like a turkey, talks like a turkey, and everyone thinks it's a turkey, it's a turkey- banning my cooked turkey pics, won't change that :)

Sorry, gotta run, my goose is cooked;)

recipe-image-legacy-id--96459_10.jpg

ted1 wrote: »
    407,000 average viewership for champion league http://www.iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&aid=73&rid=4284884&tpl=archnews&force=1

502,000 average for Saturday night show
    http://www.thejournal.ie/late-late-show-saturday-night-show-views-rte-1931135-Feb2015/

The production costs for Saturday night would be cheaper and Ray's salary of 500,000 would be much cheaper than the equivalent of champions league matches rights (say 20 shows/ games per season)

First and only time I have heard a salary of 500,000 described as 'cheap'
    He is not worth 10 percent of that, IMO

Heckler wrote: »
    She was very vague. I think this and not sure about that. Made it seem like she woke up one day with a live in boyfriend. Been mentioned before about how she didn't wake up and someone said she was on medication. Darcy asked her explicitly how come she didn't wake up and she just said I don't know.

He pled guilty and rape is an horrific crime but how on earth does someone not medicated ie. just asleep, not wake up to being vaginally penetrated ?

Thought there was a lot more to this case than was being reported, when I read the court reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

First and only time I have heard a salary of 500,000 described as 'cheap'
    He is not worth 1 percent of that, IMO

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Who were the guests after Niamh? Switched off during her interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing an older version of Matt Le Blanc?

Reminds me of Michael Fassbender

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Who were the guests after Niamh? Switched off during her interview.

Another misery guest - Deirdre O'Kane plugging her new show about Chris Gaines not doing his Irish tour last year. And then a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Reminds me of Michael Fassbender
    I'm seeing David Ginola too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jesus - this is a **** show.

It is like when RTE gave Seoige loads of money and didn't know what to do with her.

He is just not good at it - too many pauses and emmms and ahhhhs.

Even the audience are struggling to enjoy themselves.

Towards the end Brendan was comfortable - maybe Ray will improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If I landed a job tomorrow on that kind of money my bosses would want me to improve, pronto. No maybe about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I think the thinking behind bringing Darcy back to rte was he would take over the reigns of the late late show in a couple of years time. To be fair to ray he's just starting out on prime time tv chatshows. Pat Kenny and BOC were equally wooden when they started but grew into it. That said i dont see anything different in darcys approach.its same old same old formula. Maybe its just they have the same producers all the time in rte.

Really think they need to take a gamble on new talent in rte otherwise at some point it will have to be asked is this really good enough for a supposed public broadcaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm seeing David Ginola too :D

It's crazy how many faces this guy seems to have. I'm sure plenty of Russian celebs fit into the bill, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 johndf

Poor Ray, maybe they could give him some puppets to interview

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement