Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Damian Dempsey Boring?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Not a fan of that genre of music. Seen him on television a few times and he can't go two minutes without mentioning "de famine".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Miose wrote: »
    He doesn't take himself too seriously

You must be thinking of a different Damo.

But I do like It's all Good with Sinead O'Connor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

That Bob Dylan chancer has a lot to answer for. Inspired generations of gimps with acoustic guitars to ruin house parties, an enjoyable evening in the pub, and festival campsites. I'd say Damo is a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Miose

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    LOL! Classic.

I was thinking it sounded like something who thinks the Irish Times saturday edition is not a piss take.

Am I coming across as too middle aged for ye? I am middle aged, so hey ho. Glad to see that no one is arguing with the content, just the tone. I thought I put across a fair argument, felt the thread needed some balance. I guess I stumbled on a circle jerk. I'll leave ye to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oi take a few shluggs on the kisserrrr!
    I love "Your Pretty Smile" and "Patience"-really great catchy songs.
    They're also the only songs I know by him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Inspired generations of gimps with acoustic guitars to ruin house parties, an enjoyable evening in the pub, and festival campsites.

Reading comprehension: What does this sentence mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

"hear the celtic tiger roar, they want more" "so greedy, greedy greedy greedy"

The man is a poet in my eyes.

He published that tune in 2003, hindsights a mummyfcuker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

Oi

hate

his

slow

delivery.

Speed it up, yah enunciating gowl. It's like listening to someone taking the pi55.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

My favourite artist of all time. His lyrics helped me though a lot of hard times in my life. A modern Luke Kelly in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Harmless enough chap. Dempsey's Den was the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

I wouldn't go to see Damian Dempsey if he was playing in my back garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

Miose wrote: »
    Am I coming across as too middle aged for ye? I am middle aged, so hey ho. Glad to see that no one is arguing with the content, just the tone. I thought I put across a fair argument, felt the thread needed some balance. I guess I stumbled on a circle jerk. I'll leave ye to enjoy it.
    Once again I am enlightened by After Hours. I can picture what this means (metaphorically - I'm trying to resist making a literal mental picture) but LMAO.
    I always thought of Damien Dempsey as a sort of Christy Moore lite but I am probably wronging him. Anybody who has the courage to make a living off people willing to pay to hear them perform has my respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Aidric wrote: »
    He's not fit to lick Christy Moore's pit sweat.

Christy would disagree with that.

He says himself that he’s passed the mantle to Damien Dempsey.
    Berserker wrote: »
    Not a fan of that genre of music. Seen him on television a few times and he can't go two minutes without mentioning "de famine".

Irony overload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Woeful.

Decent soul. Few good tunes.
    Not worthy of hate

Advertisement