Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving/Applying for a mortgage 2015/16/17/18/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Any suggestions on Home Insurance? Just call around getting different quotes, go through a broker or go with the Lender?

Went with BOI themselves my lender. Was €23 a month

Sorry for butting in to the thread but what's a typical time period between Sale Agreed, and completion/exchange of contracts.

I went sale agreed in the last week of April. Had one meeting with the solicitor (mid-May) who said there were outstanding documents from the vendor's solicitor, and since then there's been pretty much silence.

We went sale agreed back in April as well 11 weeks now. Plenty of movement just the builder slowing things now. I kept in touch all the time with my solicitor and she updated me as needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Any suggestions on Home Insurance? Just call around getting different quotes, go through a broker or go with the Lender?

Went with the lender was the easiest. Some do discounts, cost me €330 as I don't have the alarm yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Same. Went with the lender. It was cheaper than the quotes I got from the likes of Chill etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Well after viewing our last house we finally chose our house. Its was without a doubt the most stressful decision we had to make. It was between a new build in leixlip, and two in a new estate in swords. It was so close between the 3 of them. we decided to go with the bigger house in swords. we were even so tired and stressed after we made the decision we couldn't get excited. hoping to put the deposit down today. We think the house will be done in 6 weeks. :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GeorgeOrwell

Santy2015 wrote: »
    We went sale agreed back in April as well 11 weeks now. Plenty of movement just the builder slowing things now. I kept in touch all the time with my solicitor and she updated me as needed

Thanks. Every fortnight I send a "anything new to report?" email and, in fairness, the solicitor usually gets back pretty quickly to say that she's still waiting for the vendor's solicitor to send her more paperwork.

It's an old house, and being sold as an executor sale, so there are problems with some of the older documents.

Nonetheless, surely the process could either be speeded up or the timeline made more certain.

I know I'm going to get the house and move into it - the problem, as we face the summer holidays, is that I don't know when it's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

mollybird wrote: »
    Well after viewing our last house we finally chose our house. Its was without a doubt the most stressful decision we had to make. It was between a new build in leixlip, and two in a new estate in swords. It was so close between the 3 of them. we decided to go with the bigger house in swords. we were even so tired and stressed after we made the decision we couldn't get excited. hoping to put the deposit down today. We think the house will be done in 6 weeks. :eek::eek::eek:

Hope all goes well Molly :D
    We're still bidding on the house we want but starting to think the Estate agent has us bidding against ourselves to be honest. Would really love this house but its coming close to our budget :( Would love if there was a way to get the estate agent to prove they have a counter bid rather then just racking up the price. Another bid going in today so we shall see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Having viewed so many houses, bid on probably twenty over the last seven years finally a definite done deal and awaiting keys.
    I wont know what to do with myself without constantly checking the property pin, here, ask about money, myhome, daft, collapso etc.

Thanks. Every fortnight I send a "anything new to report?" email and, in fairness, the solicitor usually gets back pretty quickly to say that she's still waiting for the vendor's solicitor to send her more paperwork.

It's an old house, and being sold as an executor sale, so there are problems with some of the older documents.

Nonetheless, surely the process could either be speeded up or the timeline made more certain.

I know I'm going to get the house and move into it - the problem, as we face the summer holidays, is that I don't know when it's going to happen.

Yeah ill be on holidays in 2 weeks for 12 days, would be nice to get keys before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GinaI

If a delay on the seller's solicitor side would it be OK to ask EA to follow up with the seller's? Or should I only contact my solicitor?I've been Sale agreed for 5 weeks but no sign of contracts yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GeorgeOrwell

GinaI wrote: »
    If a delay on the seller's solicitor side would it be OK to ask EA to follow up with the seller's? Or should I only contact my solicitor?I've been Sale agreed for 5 weeks but no sign of contracts yet

From what I have experienced, it's totally normal to wait 5 weeks between sale agreed and your solicitor getting the contracts.

I think it's wiser to let your solicitor do all of the communicating with the other side. After all, it's why you're paying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Having viewed so many houses, bid on probably twenty over the last seven years finally a definite done deal and awaiting keys.
    I wont know what to do with myself without constantly checking the property pin, here, ask about money, myhome, daft, collapso etc.

I feel exhausted after 7 months!! :eek:

Congratulations and best of luck in your new abode.
    I think you'll be very grateful for it!

Stress of this bidding business. Still waiting to hear back if our bid was successful or not. This is painful, really hope they dont drag it out over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Naid23 wrote: »
    Stress of this bidding business. Still waiting to hear back if our bid was successful or not. This is painful, really hope they dont drag it out over the weekend.

Best of luck, but you nearly have to believe it's not the one if it passes you by.

It's bonkers how stressful it is. :(

It dawned on me last night that I bought a house. It was my first night staying in the house alone and I just got this wave of "holy sh!T I bought a gaff!" and got really emotional :o

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Best of luck, but you nearly have to believe it's not the one if it passes you by.

It's bonkers how stressful it is. :(

Yeah i know, its very stressful. Just heard back in the last few mins and its between us and one other guy now who upped the bid again so we've counter bid. Hopefully this will be closed off today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    It dawned on me last night that I bought a house. It was my first night staying in the house alone and I just got this wave of "holy sh!T I bought a gaff!" and got really emotional :o

Aw thats amazing :o:)

Started the drawing down process today. Has anyone any experience in how long it takes to draw down the funds and transfer to vendors solicitor? Also if we draw down funds next week, it'll be the middle of the month. I'm after saying that we pay or home insurance and mortgage on the 30th of each month. Will the first payment be the 30th of July or August?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Started the drawing down process today. Has anyone any experience in how long it takes to draw down the funds and transfer to vendors solicitor? Also if we draw down funds next week, it'll be the middle of the month. I'm after saying that we pay or home insurance and mortgage on the 30th of each month. Will the first payment be the 30th of July or August?

For us Haven released the money on Friday, solicitor received it on Monday, transferred funds Tuesday so vendors got it Weds morning and we got keys Wednesday afternoon. Our first mortgage payment won't be until next month but our life insurance is this month

We drew down ours on a Tuesday and it was with the vendors solicitor on the Friday.

We don't start paying for our mortgage for 45days after draw down. So our first payment will be next month.

• Advertisement

We drew down ours on a Tuesday and it was with the vendors solicitor on the Friday.

We don't start paying for our mortgage for 45days after draw down. So our first payment will be next month.

Mind me asking who thats with??

Perfect thanks for the replies. I'm with BOI so hopefully should have keys this day week all going well? That's great that it's the Month after. Helps

Naid23 wrote: »
    Mind me asking who thats with??

BOI

BOI

Thanks, thats a nice little break alright. Give you a chance to get settled etc

Back didn't receive valuation yet, the estate agents can be frustrating in that regard.

Hoping drawdown is early next week.

What happens if I fail to pay before the closing date? It's a completion notice btw.

Yeah mine is 2 months very handy to be getting the house kitted out before the first repayment.

Now have to wait til monday to find out if we have the house. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cokezero

We were all set to get the cheque from BOI but now they are querying the house (valuation was perfect/engineer report etc.) as the house is not in an estate in control of the council. The estate is fully occupied since 2004. Does anyone know if this takes long to sort out? Its all so stressful!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GinaI

From what I have experienced, it's totally normal to wait 5 weeks between sale agreed and your solicitor getting the contracts.

I think it's wiser to let your solicitor do all of the communicating with the other side. After all, it's why you're paying them.

What worries me is that the house I am sale agreed on is still advertised as for sale. And the ad gets updated regularly. Also sellers were looking for a quick sale but there is a delay on their side now. I am afraid that could mean they've changed their mind about the selling price and waiting for a higher offer.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Is it Monday yet? 🙈 Due to hear back from the bank on Monday about our mortgage. Please God we'll be allowed to proceed. We haven't even started house hunting yet and I'm already sick of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement