Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Nib wrote: »
    Aguero can feck off. I definitely won't be captaining him this week. I don't care if he's playing Shitehawks United, not a hope.

Will probably go with De Bruyne or Sanchez, undecided.

So you're saying you're a fan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Aguero no hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Giving it to Aguero and have done since GW3. I don't know how much longer I can keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Payet (sun)
    De Bruyne, and I have Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Aguero.

But if he doesn't deliver this week he's out the door

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Sanchez (MUN)
    Do man city have champions league this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye away in Germany wed night. I don't think they will hammer Newcastle. More a case of get the 3 pts get to the international break and hope to get some of their injured players back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

De Bruyne (NEW)

Monchengladbach away tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Aguero, but the way this season is going maybe I should throw it on Russell Martin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Aguero to bag 7 or 8 to make it up to all of us who has been let down by him so far, heard it here first...

I can feel it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Lads. There are two possible explanations of the whole Aguero situation. I.e. have half as many points as Jamie Vardy and fuppin Lukaku.

1) Jose Lex Luthor Mourinho discovered a sky blue version of kryptonite and had it sewn in to Agüeros jock strap. His powers have faded overnight. He's finished.

2) This is a statistically improbable variance from expected returns. No other variables have changed. The quality of his teammates hasn't drastically reduced. Increased if anything. They haven't changed manager or tactics. He hasn't stopped having very decent underlying stats. (Granted they are down a bit the last couple but overall very good). In the past he has scored well with and without Silva.

I might even do some graphs later! ;)

My biggest worry over the captaincy is Newcastles tendency to dig out a good performance against the 'top' sides while being disinterested and comically rubbish against everyone else.

Can't see me not captaining Aguero though. If he scores a couple tomorrow night the hysteria might die down a little.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    FHFC wrote: »
    My biggest worry over the captaincy is Newcastles tendency to dig out a good performance against the 'top' sides while being disinterested and comically rubbish against everyone else.

Can't see me not captaining Aguero though. If he scores a couple tomorrow night the hysteria might die down a little.

Last four times Newcastle have visited Etihad in league:

Man City 5-0
    Man City 4-0
    Man City 4-0
    Man City 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheDazzler

Man City 5-0
    Man City 4-0
    Man City 4-0
    Man City 3-1

Conclusion? They're improving :)

Aguero for me.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    TheDazzler wrote: »
    Conclusion? They're improving :)

Aguero for me.

Actually getting worse :D. Last season Aguero and Silva were unplayable in this fixture and then both hauled off before 60 mins

De Bruyne (NEW)

Man City 5-0
    Man City 4-0
    Man City 4-0
    Man City 3-1

So we're looking at a 2-2 then hmm

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Colback could be out for Newcastle this weekend. That would be a major loss for them. One of the few players with a bit of heart and battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

This could be the week captain aguero makes up a lot of ground on casual type players, up to sanchez last week the big hitters have proved rusty at best.

So by next week I should have Sanchez Aguero and Hazard in by next week-so come on big hitters earn your ff price tags!

De Bruyne (NEW)
    FHFC wrote: »
    Lads. There are two possible explanations of the whole Aguero situation. I.e. have half as many points as Jamie Vardy and fuppin Lukaku.

1) Jose Lex Luthor Mourinho discovered a sky blue version of kryptonite and had it sewn in to Agüeros jock strap. His powers have faded overnight. He's finished.

2) This is a statistically improbable variance from expected returns. No other variables have changed. The quality of his teammates hasn't drastically reduced. Increased if anything. They haven't changed manager or tactics. He hasn't stopped having very decent underlying stats. (Granted they are down a bit the last couple but overall very good). In the past he has scored well with and without Silva.

I might even do some graphs later! ;)

I went for a table instead! See general thread to avoid further turning this into the Aguero discussion thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Aguero.

Last week I went with Martial for a change and he delivered fook all too. The 90 minutes of watching Kun was pure torture though.

He is too good for this form to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Back to Aguero this week for me. Newcastle are probably the only team that would make me choose fixture over form - would be agony to watch him play against them not having him captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Aguero.

Last week I went with Martial for a change and he delivered fook all too. The 90 minutes of watching Kun was pure torture though.

He is too good for this form to continue.
    He got an assist (only 1 pt less than a goal). 3 pts gain on Agüero. Not great. But not "fook all" :p... At the end of the season, 3 pts are sometimes what makes you win a league :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Even if he does nothing this week (again), is anyone with Aguero not actually going to captain him against BOU? I know I will.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Paully D wrote: »
    Even if he does nothing this week (again), is anyone with Aguero not actually going to captain him against BOU? I know I will.

Baring injury there is nothing that would make me take it off him for the next two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Paully D wrote:

I will too, but if I had Hazard I would certainly consider captaining him at home to Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Where's Silva in the poll? Has to be an option this week given the fixture

De Bruyne (NEW)
    8-10 wrote: »
    Where's Silva in the poll? Has to be an option this week given the fixture

Wasn't fit when I made it and I usually only put two players max from a club

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Looking at the results so far, I can imagine the collective rage in here if Aguero doesn't do the business over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Wasn't fit when I made it and I usually only put two players max from a club

Fair enough. I have it on him at the moment but might end up panicking and switching to Kun last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

De Bruyne (NEW)
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Looking at the results so far, I can imagine the collective rage in here if Aguero doesn't do the business over the weekend!

I don't think we can have any cause to rage given his failings this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Feeling a lot more confident with Aguero(C) after last nights result. By no means a great performance by City, but a much needed CL win should give them confidence - likewise Aguero will take confidence from getting on the scoresheet - granted it was from the penalty spot but a goal is a goal

Advertisement