Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 Captain

Options
  • 29-09-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

Can't look past Aguero despite his form. Payet VC although it would be KDB if I didn't have the rule of not C/VC players from same match

Who are you captaining? 167 votes

Aguero (NEW)
    0%
    De Bruyne (NEW)
    75%
    Miguel_SanchezDont be at yourselfSkySterjrdsmogDempseyAdMMMremoteboyT-b0n3NichololasIagokeano_afcbohsmancullenswood[Deleted User]Mr.Nice Guy[Deleted User]SparkoLemlinpodge018 126 votes
    Payet (sun)
    9%
    SickBoymachiavellianme00sullykronsingtonShaneUPanthroMaxPower89OwlsZatSlipperyPeopleGreen&RedGoldFour4breffni bogballergammygilsMichael D Not HigginsNibMEGA BRO WOLF 5000 16 votes
    Sanchez (MUN)
    2%
    sheroman01burkey2k0zl1whqvjs75cdyMantis Tobogganpmasterson95 5 votes
    Martial (ars)
    2%
    Inspector CoptoorCounty rebeltglynnNotCominBack 4 votes
    Mata (ars)
    1%
    joseph brandThe Sparrow2_fri 3 votes
    Vardy (nor)
    0%
    Mahrez (nor)
    1%
    patrickcWalter Whiteunited2k11 3 votes
    Hazard (SOU)
    1%
    ludersimonwKizzyMonster 3 votes
    Pedro (SOU)
    1%
    res ipsafermanagh_man 2 votes
    Lukaku (LIV)
    0%
    Sturridge (eve)
    1%
    Dubliner28DulchieLaois 2 votes
    Coutinho (eve)
    1%
    Koptain Liverpooltupenny 2 votes
    Kane (swa)
    0%
    relax carry on 1 vote
    Other
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Aguero without a doubt. This really should he the most one sided vote of the season so far. VC super kol probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Kun. This is the week where (relative) normality is restored :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thinking Vardy or Mahrez

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Thinking Vardy or Mahrez

This is the captains thread! Agueros points expectancy is about the same as the two of them combined this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'm tempted (yet again) by Aguerro. Mostly in the hope that other fools have gotten rid of him and I will be vindicated by not only keeping him but captaining him at the correct time.

Realistically though this might be a pipedream.

The more realistic (in terms of current form) options are for me personally, to Captain one of Payet, De Bruyne or Mahrez.

If Silva is back mid week and looking sharp it might tip my hand in favour of Aguerro, otherwise I think I'll cpt someone else.

I have a feeling that Newcastle will put in a decent shift against City and this could limit the returns. On the plus side if Pellegrino knows his business (and I reckon he does) he'll be reviewing the gaps that Mbabu (who I hope will become a very good player for Newcastle) was leaving at left back that Pedro didn't exploit but De Bruyne et al might.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Aguero(c)
    Francis(vc) sure why not.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    spock. wrote: »
    Aguero(c)
    Francis(vc) sure why not.

How will you feel if Aguero gets injured in the warm-up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

jimmii wrote: »
    This is the captains thread! Agueros points expectancy is about the same as the two of them combined this week!

Aguero's points expectancy and Aguero's points delivery have been at extreme odds this season :pac:

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Aguero's points expectancy and Aguero's points delivery have been at extreme odds this season :pac:

Thats irrelevant though.

• Advertisement

De Bruyne (NEW)
    iroced wrote: »

I agree, and yet I don't :P . Aguero's form is poor, for sure, but he's too much of a class act for that to continue. As long as he comes through the CL game unscathed - a highly competitive game, should improve his sharpness - I feel he'll be in a good position to finally get back to doing what he does best in the PL - score goals. Silva is definitely an important factor in this though - I'd say one would be hard pushed to find a midfielder that has assisted a striker more times in the PL than Silva has done for Aguero! City typically stronger at home too, against weak opposition, so definitely Aguero for me this gw

Thats irrelevant though.

You don't think form is relevant?

De Bruyne (NEW)
    You don't think form is relevant?

As long as his expectancy is high that is all that matters. As long as we don't think this is now Aguero norm and we expect him to do what he has always done historically he is by far the one to go with.

As long as his expectancy is high that is all that matters. As long as we don't think this is now Aguero norm and we expect him to do what he has always done historically he is by far the one to go with.

Fair enough, I think Agueros shít form lowers his expectancy. I reckon Mahrez and Vardy have a damn good expectancy considering their form, Leicester's attacking play and Norwich's poor defence.

Have you captained Aguero every week?

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Fair enough, I think Agueros shít form lowers his expectancy. I reckon Mahrez and Vardy have a damn good expectancy considering their form, Leicester's attacking play and Norwich's poor defence.

Have you captained Aguero every week?

Him or Sanchez other than GWs 1 and 2. Until Saturday it hadn't been much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

De Bruyne (NEW)
    manual_man wrote: »
    I agree, and yet I don't :P . Aguero's form is poor, for sure, but he's too much of a class act for that to continue. As long as he comes through the CL game unscathed - a highly competitive game, should improve his sharpness - I feel he'll be in a good position to finally get back to doing what he does best in the PL - score goals. Silva is definitely an important factor in this though - I'd say one would be hard pushed to find a midfielder that has assisted a striker more times in the PL than Silva has done for Aguero! City typically stronger at home too, against weak opposition, so definitely Aguero for me this gw
    You may as well spend it somewhere sure!

Did you check my linked post :p?

It was a response to Busts about how risky & problematic I thought it could be last week to back both Sanchez & Walcott considering the money they're using (Busts was debating Walcott in) and their late returns.

Now, seeing how greatly I jinxed myself with that post, why not applying this to my good self (not that I don't want to help Busts or any other FSAer) :p :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Hazard (SOU)
    Played my wildcard and took Aguero out. Too expensive to have on team when not in form. Will return to captaining Mahrez..

De Bruyne (NEW)
    iroced wrote: »
    Did you check my linked post :p?

It was a response to Busts about how risky & problematic I thought it could be last week to back both Sanchez & Walcott considering the money they're using (Busts was debating Walcott in) and their late returns.

Now, seeing how greatly I jinxed myself with that post, why not applying this to my good self (not that I don't want to help Busts or any other FSAer) :p :pac:...

I did but I actually had no idea about what it was meant to mean lol! Going with two heavy weights from one side is definitely problematic as the value in the 9m+ player is really tied to them being captainable and with two you obviously aren't going to be captaining one at all.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Played my wildcard and took Aguero out. Too expensive to have on team when not in form. Will return to captaining Mahrez..

Or you could think that Agueros 20 shots in the box vs Mahrezs 13 from just under 100 minutes less played mean Aguero is totally due!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Aguero.

De Bruyne vice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Martial (ars)
    Sanchez will be permacaptain from here on in

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if there is any justice in the world, Aguero will smite all the doubters with the full extent of his powers.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    SlickRic wrote: »
    if there is any justice in the world, Aguero will smite all the doubters with the full extent of his powers.

A record single week score would be pretty fun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I 100% do not want to captain Aguero this week.

I 100% have to captain Aguero this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Payet (sun)
    Think i"ll take a 2 week gamble and go for kun,and if he fails i"ll call him kun*

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

De Bruyne (NEW)
    It has to be Aguero who gets the armband. He's too good of a player to continue blanking and against a ropey Newcastle defence I fancy his chances to at least get 1 if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Sanchez (MUN)

Has this not been said every GW?

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Has this not been said every GW?

Don't recall seeing it before. Anyone who may have said it in GW 1 was obviously crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Payet (sun)
    Aguero can feck off. I definitely won't be captaining him this week. I don't care if he's playing Shitehawks United, not a hope.

Will probably go with De Bruyne or Sanchez, undecided.

Advertisement