Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 Captain

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TravellerOg

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Can't see past Kun, City's record against Newcastle is unreal past few seasons and he has a point to prove. (C) for next 2 GW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Had thinking of even giving Kun the 3C

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Had thinking of even giving Kun the 3C

If we knew there weren't going to be any dgws it would be a good week but worth keeping for Jan/Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

De Bruyne (NEW)
    jimmii wrote: »
    If we knew there weren't going to be any dgws it would be a good week but worth keeping for Jan/Feb.

Not so sure. Even in that situation I'd rather wait for a situation where he's already in form with a good home fixture.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    CSF wrote: »
    Not so sure. Even in that situation I'd rather wait for a situation where he's already in form with a good home fixture.

Even then his expectation isn't as high as a reasonable dgw for any of the heavy hitters.

• Advertisement

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Even then his expectation isn't as high as a reasonable dgw for any of the heavy hitters.

Oh yeah, I'm all about the DGW for using it too. I just meant that if even if there were no DGWs I still wouldn't think it'd be the number 1 week for it. Until he starts off, I'll be treading nervously in spite of my definite captaining of Aguero for the next 2 weeks.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    CSF wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I'm all about the DGW for using it too. I just meant that if even if there were no DGWs I still wouldn't think it'd be the number 1 week for it. Until he starts off, I'll be treading nervously in spite of my definite captaining of Aguero for the next 2 weeks.

Oh I see yeh I agree you would definitely want to be looking for a form + fixture spot ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There will definetly be dgws unless both carling cup finalists are from outside the premier league and the last 8 in the fa cup are from outside the premier league. It's crazy to use the triple captain in anything but a dgw. It could work out for you but it's still crazy.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    There will definetly be dgws unless both carling cup finalists are from outside the premier league and the last 8 in the fa cup are from outside the premier league. It's crazy to use the triple captain in anything but a dgw. It could work out for you but it's still crazy.

Agreed. Just a crazy hypothetical.

De Bruyne (NEW)

Yeh the point being made was that it would only be an acceptable week if we some how knew there were none not that we are assuming there won't be. Using it for a regular week just seems like a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Giving it to Aguero and have done since GW3. I don't know how much longer I can keep the faith!

Ditto.
    KDB or Sanchez VC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Payet (sun)
    Like many, not sure whether to give Kun the armband. cautious by nature, its more the fear of not having him as captain thats influencing me. its either him or KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Sturridge (eve)
    Lukaku risk for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Front three are

Aguero , Gomis and Pelle.

Gomis at considerable risk of been dropped and even if he plays I don't fancy him to score particularly well.

Pelle is away to Chelsea and the stats show he gets the vast majority of his points/goals in home games.

... so it with a heavy heart and sum reluctance that I put the (C) on Kun.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Wasn't it GW8 last season when Kun destroyed Spurs? It's a sign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

De Bruyne (NEW)

Wasn't it last week he was playing Spurs where everyone mentioned it?

I might give him another go, but if he blanks against Newcastle he's gone.

De Bruyne (NEW)

If we're going by last year we should all be taking a hit for Tadic! Those were good times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

De Bruyne (NEW)
    If we're going by last year we should all be taking a hit for Tadic! Those were good times!!

I decided against taking a hit for aguero so I was in the DEPTHS of despair at 2pm but then tadic ...beautiful beautiful tadic........if ever a day summed up the contrasting emotions of fantasy that was it
    I sold tadic soon after too :D

De Bruyne (NEW)
    km79 wrote: »
    I decided against taking a hit for aguero so I was in the DEPTHS of despair at 2pm but then tadic ...beautiful beautiful tadic........if ever a day summed up the contrasting emotions of fantasy that was it
    I sold tadic soon after too :D

It was the start of my season last year. I went up 960k ish places it was huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    jimmii wrote:

I had a great week that week without even owning Aguero or Tadic.
    Baines(c) ;) and Pelle
    Oh how times have changed...

• Advertisement

De Bruyne (NEW)
    spock. wrote: »
    I had a great week that week without even owning Aguero or Tadic.
    Baines(c) ;) and Pelle
    Oh how times have changed...

Be a long time until we have a week quite like that again! UFPL was super crazy that weekend! I had Tadic, Pelle and Aguero there was some score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

De Bruyne (NEW)
    There are a lot of players out there without Aguero in the team at all. A big day today from him could see a huge rise in rankings for the captaining ones.

De Bruyne (NEW)
    SantryRed wrote: »
    There are a lot of players out there without Aguero in the team at all. A big day today from him could see a huge rise in rankings for the captaining ones.

I'm going to be very VERY upset if he gets me down again cos in not too confident of the rest of my team scoring too big this week unless watford and Bournemouth is. nil all draw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Sanchez (MUN)
    Last minute gamble on Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Went for Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Please sub Soare

De Bruyne (NEW)
    Hopefully the Sagna captainers in the top 10 don't have aguero vice captain

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Hazard (SOU)
    SantryRed wrote: »

LITERALLY everyone in my two main leagues has him captained...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Martial (ars)
    I went for Sanchez in the end

Have Aguero and Ighalo as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Thank you Sergio!!!!:D

Advertisement