Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 4

Options

Comments

Ye theres problems with downloading dlc on ps4.

I have all mine downloaded and ready to go on xbox just no game to play :(

Would love to have it for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I'm still annoyed they removed support for keys and pro keys, unless it REALLY drops in price I won't be getting it as the only instruments I have that will work for it since they don't support wired instruments (aka MIDI pro adapter) are the GH5 guitar and a mic.

The game with adapter is in stock on amazon.com and works out a fiver more than gamestop.

Will they work over here though??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Bought the PS4 version there any idea of how do i set up my PS3 guitar hero 5 guitar with the console ?

Bought the PS4 version there any idea of how do i set up my PS3 guitar hero 5 guitar with the console ?

You need a dongle or something that came with the ps3 instruments Ive heard.

• Advertisement

You need a dongle or something that came with the ps3 instruments Ive heard.

I have the Dongle plugged into the PS4 that came with the guitar and notting happens after i have the guitar on. The Dongle picks up the Guitar but i cant control anything on the PS4

I have the Dongle plugged into the PS4 that came with the guitar and notting happens after i have the guitar on. The Dongle picks up the Guitar but i cant control anything on the PS4

Did you get it working?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 theeliminator

Otacon wrote: »
    I spent a lot of last night just trying to download my previously purchased DLC on PS4.

There was nothing in the Related Items...

and when I try to download items from the in-game store...

So frustrating.

I also tested one track that I hadn't bought before to see if it was just old DLC affected. Nope, didn't download either.

Sony stupidly listed the dlc under the original Rock Band, you can find them here. Sony stupidly listed the dlc under the original Rock Band, you can find them here. I can't post links but if you go to the web store, do a search for Rock Band -> See All -> Rock Band and "See All" under the "Add-Ons" heading. The on the left hand side click "PS4" to show just the PS4 compatible songs. Only singles are up at the moment so anything bought in packs won't be free for the moment.

On the ps4, the dlc only shows when you go to the games section -> dlc and then latest. Then dont show under the game itself.

I spent a lot of last night just trying to download my previously purchased DLC on PS4.

There was nothing in the Related Items...

and when I try to download items from the in-game store...

So frustrating.

I also tested one track that I hadn't bought before to see if it was just old DLC affected. Nope, didn't download either.

Sony stupidly listed the dlc under the original Rock Band, you can find them there. Sony stupidly listed the dlc under the original Rock Band, you can find them here. I can't post links but if you go to the web store, do a search for Rock Band -> See All -> Rock Band and "See All" under the "Add-Ons" heading. The on the left hand side click "PS4" to show just the PS4 compatible songs. Only singles are up at the moment so anything bought in packs won't be free for the moment.

On the ps4, the dlc only shows when you go to the games section -> dlc and then latest. Then dont show under the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Sony stupidly listed the dlc under the original Rock Band, you can find them there. Sony stupidly listed the dlc under the original Rock Band, you can find them here. I can't post links but if you go to the web store, do a search for Rock Band -> See All -> Rock Band and "See All" under the "Add-Ons" heading. The on the left hand side click "PS4" to show just the PS4 compatible songs. Only singles are up at the moment so anything bought in packs won't be free for the moment.

I also tried downloading the songs via the webstore however it never downloads. I have tested downloading the SW Battlefront beta using the store too and it was fine so it just seems like the RB DLC is borked for me.

• Advertisement

Really strange, it's what I've been using for downloading songs since the store on the ps4 is a pain to use.
    Do they get added to your download queue on the website?

OK update from playing the ps4 version.

The controller is a pain to set up. You have to turn the game on with the ps4 controller turn on the guitar then you drop out on your ps4 controller and log on with your profile with theach gutter.

Only have got a few of my DLC downloaded any of the packs I can't get downloaded so have about 6 songs done so far loads of them I can't find on the store at all but there in the rock band 4 music store but can't download from there.

The game itself it's OK it's more of the same I am finding the easier songs harder to play then the 5 skull songs that I have no problem getting 5 out 5 1st time. The free style solos there different and I am getting used to them now and learning how to them 100%. There is training to do for them and do it as it will make it a lot easier and you get a trophy for it.

The set list I thought it be a lot worse but there is a lot of fun songs to play in it. Paramoe still into you and uptown funk are extremely fun and very easy to sing along to. As stupid as it sounds I would love if get lucky is a DLC song.

I paid 60 for it on the psn store as I know I will never trade the game in. But it doesn't fell like a 60 euros game at all 30 or 40 it would have been a bargin but 60 not at all. But if I get 4 or 5 months play out of it. It's good valve as I am still playing rock band 3 5 years later.

But if your a fan of the games buy it but if you have not played it before and still have the old consoles just buy it for that as it's a lot cheaper and easier to get working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Really strange, it's what I've been using for downloading songs since the store on the ps4 is a pain to use.
    Do they get added to your download queue on the website?

They are in my Purchase History but they won't install.

They are in my Purchase History but they won't install.

Try a different browser. I experienced that issue on chrome before then switched to firefox and it worked fine there. Strange I know but it worked.

OK update from playing the ps4 version.

The controller is a pain to set up. You have to turn the game on with the ps4 controller turn on the guitar then you drop out on your ps4 controller and log on with your profile with theach gutter.

Only have got a few of my DLC downloaded any of the packs I can't get downloaded so have about 6 songs done so far loads of them I can't find on the store at all but there in the rock band 4 music store but can't download from there.

The game itself it's OK it's more of the same I am finding the easier songs harder to play then the 5 skull songs that I have no problem getting 5 out 5 1st time. The free style solos there different and I am getting used to them now and learning how to them 100%. There is training to do for them and do it as it will make it a lot easier and you get a trophy for it.

The set list I thought it be a lot worse but there is a lot of fun songs to play in it. Paramoe still into you and uptown funk are extremely fun and very easy to sing along to. As stupid as it sounds I would love if get lucky is a DLC song.

I paid 60 for it on the psn store as I know I will never trade the game in. But it doesn't fell like a 60 euros game at all 30 or 40 it would have been a bargin but 60 not at all. But if I get 4 or 5 months play out of it. It's good valve as I am still playing rock band 3 5 years later.

But if your a fan of the games buy it but if you have not played it before and still have the old consoles just buy it for that as it's a lot cheaper and easier to get working.

This game has a lot of issues for sure. You can change profile in game by pressing start and selecting the correct profile. I find if I use the controller it switches back go guest on guitar. Apparently this is a bug being worked on.

Only singles are being uploaded at the moment. Any songs bought in packs wont be free to purchases until the packs are uploaded even if all you singles in a pack you own are already available.

I turned off the freestyle solos as I prefer to play the solos. I don't know if you find it but I am having issues with faster songs as the top of the note highway is too transparent so the background interferes with note visibility. Me and several other have already complained on Harmonix's forums.

100% agree on the setlist. Better than I thought it would be.

No online play is a big issue for me in RB4, so RB3 remains the better game until thats added. Something I noticed that nobody's seems to be complaining about is that while I have it on PS4, the load times for songs are much longer on XBONE as in 6-8 second to load a song on PS4 and 16 seconds on XBONE.

This game has a lot of issues for sure. You can change profile in game by pressing start and selecting the correct profile. I find if I use the controller it switches back go guest on guitar. Apparently this is a bug being worked on.

Only singles are being uploaded at the moment. Any songs bought in packs wont be free to purchases until the packs are uploaded even if all you singles in a pack you own are already available.

I turned off the freestyle solos as I prefer to play the solos. I don't know if you find it but I am having issues with faster songs as the top of the note highway is too transparent so the background interferes with note visibility. Me and several other have already complained on Harmonix's forums.

100% agree on the setlist. Better than I thought it would be.

No online play is a big issue for me in RB4, so RB3 remains the better game until thats added. Something I noticed that nobody's seems to be complaining about is that while I have it on PS4, the load times for songs are much longer on XBONE as in 6-8 second to load a song on PS4 and 16 seconds on XBONE.

Still a pain with the profile but what can you do when your using the PS3 controller on the PS4. Dont wont to be wasting 100 euros on another guitar.

Thats another pain about the singles being there and not been able to download them to play while on the Xbox one version your able to download the singles from the packs you downloaded. They really should have tried to get this working before releaseing the games.

I am finding no problem with the notes myself i set up the lag and sound lag as well as i using 5.1 speakers for my sound while my TV is upscaling the game to 4K and i have no problem what so ever with seeing the notes. I didnt know you can turn on the regular solos going to try this out now after work. See can my score be a lot higher.

With no online i really don't care about that to be honest as i never played rock band online and i have no friends who play the game anyway. Give them Fifa or CoD and where good to go LoL.

Still a pain with the profile but what can you do when your using the PS3 controller on the PS4. Dont wont to be wasting 100 euros on another guitar.

Thats another pain about the singles being there and not been able to download them to play while on the Xbox one version your able to download the singles from the packs you downloaded. They really should have tried to get this working before releaseing the games.

I am finding no problem with the notes myself i set up the lag and sound lag as well as i using 5.1 speakers for my sound while my TV is upscaling the game to 4K and i have no problem what so ever with seeing the notes. I didnt know you can turn on the regular solos going to try this out now after work. See can my score be a lot higher.

With no online i really don't care about that to be honest as i never played rock band online and i have no friends who play the game anyway. Give them Fifa or CoD and where good to go LoL.

I did hours of testing to make sure it wasn't lag, as like yourself I have a 5.1 system. The guitars auto calibration nailed it pretty quickly. I think its just my eyes having problems separating the notes and the background. The same problem existed in Rock Band 3 at launch except the problem was worse there as it was the whole board that was transparent until it was patched.

I cant remember which menu exactly turns off the freestyle solos, its either the options menu on the main menu or from the mini menu when you press options/start on the controller.

I think rock band is even more niche in Ireland, even during its peak, than most other countries, so online was always important to me to find people to full band with. Time zones are a real pain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

who on earth is gonna be dumb enough to spend €300 on the BIAB?

Ive been keeping an eye on store stock on the gamestop website.

Well the game and adapter bundle showed up in stock in Newbridge, Kildare this morning but no other store in the country.

Its showing up still in stock if anyone is looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/652305184933212160

Glad to see they're working on RB3 export.

• Advertisement

who on earth is gonna be dumb enough to spend €300 on the BIAB?

It really is a shocking price.

You could nearly get a PS4 or Xbox 1 now for the same price.

It really is a shocking price.

You could nearly get a PS4 or Xbox 1 now for the same price.

I remember back in 2010 i picked up the band hero box drums, guitar, mic and game for the PS3 4 months after it came out for next to notting. It was 10 euros + a game from a list in gamestop. So i went over to game (still open at that time in cork) and seen a few cheap games so i called Gamestop and seen was the game on list. I think it was a transformers game i paid i think 8 euros for it.

Paid 18 euros for the band hero box LoL. Now still to this day that was a complete bargain.

I remember back in 2010 i picked up the band hero box drums, guitar, mic and game for the PS3 4 months after it came out for next to notting. It was 10 euros + a game from a list in gamestop. So i went over to game (still open at that time in cork) and seen a few cheap games so i called Gamestop and seen was the game on list. I think it was a transformers game i paid i think 8 euros for it.

Paid 18 euros for the band hero box LoL. Now still to this day that was a complete bargain.

Yeah, I got the beatles box from amazon for around E70 I think a few months after release.

Even the George Harrison guitar (Still use it now - my favourite guitar they ever released) went down a bit in price when I decided to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If you don't mind waiting until the 20th for dispatch, Amazon Spain are selling the BiaB edition for €275 including shipping. The strat edition is a little cheaper too, but at ~€152 inc shipping, not enough to make a difference vs Argos.

Seems Madcatz will have a new version of the triple cymbal set out before Christmas for €55. Should hopefully work with the older drums like the Beatles set that I just got from CEX for €18.

http://eustore.madcatz.com/Categories-EU_2/EU-Rock-Band-4/Mad-Catz-Rock-Band-4-Triple-Cymbal-Expansion-Kit-EU.html

FYI don't buy the RB3 set that is available on their site, it is a RB1 set that is mislabelled, went to buy them in Tallaght on Sat. Don't know how anyone could mix them up though with the RB3 set having cymbals and being wireless :pac:

Edit: Seen an article, new cymbal pack will only work with RB4 drums, must have a new connector.

Bought the game and adapter on adverts today and the seller turned out to be @TrustedApple :D

Cant wait to play it :)

It dosent look like a great song list on disc in RB4 but did any songs grow on people?

Rock band 2 is my favourite on disc set list. So many bands I grew to like after playing it.

It dosent look like a great song list on disc in RB4 but did any songs grow on people?

Rock band 2 is my favourite on disc set list. So many bands I grew to like after playing it.

No it isn't a great set list, half the songs feel like they would be more at home on Dance Central. Wtf were they thinking getting Uptown Funk.

No it isn't a great set list, half the songs feel like they would be more at home on Dance Central. Wtf were they thinking getting Uptown Funk.

Hate that song :mad:

In the tour mode can you pick your own songs?

• Advertisement

Hate that song :mad:

In the tour mode can you pick your own songs?

For the most part. For most setlists you can vote on a selection or free select songs from RB4 or your song collection.

Advertisement