Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No bonus for Dawson :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus, looks like I'm gonna fall from my current GW position of 80k all the way back to 130k, mainly because of Lukaku I assume!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Differential has bonus at Lukaku 3, Deulofeu 2, Berahino 1. Myhill with only one save. I'll finish on 37 points and a red arrow; at least I started the right WBA defender

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lukaku, i.e. mr. inconsistent, hasnt done anything in weeks and he has ~20% ownership? What am I missing??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Drop about 50,000 places...yikes. On the bright side, at least I didn't take a hit to get Evans in like I had seriously considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

No players tonight. FFFix has me dropping 220,000 places. Jesus f***ing Christ :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

SlickRic wrote: »
    The guy who is top of a cashless ML I'm in is incredible.

I've never seen a run like it.

The lad has 422 points before tonight. He'd Lukaku and Dawson tonight. He also has Payet (who he triple captained this week for some reason), Coutinho and Pellé. No Aguero, Pedro, KDB, Hazard, Martial, Mata or Sanchez.

He's come last pretty much every year before this.

The lad must be loving this. Fair play to him. He'll have 74 just for this GW when Lukaku gets his 3 BPs.

haha, are you talking about this guy:
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Seen some chap - 49th in the world - triple captain Payet today - is playing 2 up top - Pelle and Lukaku, - watch Lukaku get a hatrick now on Monday.

2 Goals and an assist and probably 3bps, same chap also has Dawson, some people run so good at this game.

Seems to be Irish too

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1136705/event-history/7/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Differential has bonus at Lukaku 3, Deulofeu 2, Berahino 1. Myhill with only one save. I'll finish on 37 points and a red arrow; at least I started the right WBA defender

Is Differential fpl working for you? Still won't sync here.

Also. Might I suggest that the phrase '0-0 written all over it" be banned from the forum! :(;)

Edit. Never mind it's just started working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The guy who is top of a cashless ML I'm in is incredible.

I've never seen a run like it.

The lad has 422 points before tonight. He'd Lukaku and Dawson tonight. He also has Payet (who he triple captained this week for some reason), Coutinho and Pellé. No Aguero, Pedro, KDB, Hazard, Martial, Mata or Sanchez.

He's come last pretty much every year before this.

The lad must be loving this. Fair play to him. He'll have 74 just for this GW when Lukaku gets his 3 BPs.

I know we're all saying (or at least trying to convince ourselves) that things are going to turn eventually, but we're through 7 weeks of the season now - that's virtually 20%.

I've been playing the game for about 8 seasons now and can't remember anything like this. Usually you get a run of a couple of weeks like this or the odd week dotted in here and there, but this is insane.

If it doesn't turn through GW's 8 and 9 where City host NEW and BOU, Chelsea host SOU and AVL, Arsenal play wat, unusual players that seem to be racking in big hauls for the so called casuals facing tough fixtures, then that would be 10 weeks (over a quarter of the season) and it may be time to reassess how we're playing the game this season.

Plenty of thinking ahead, but it has to turn in GW's 8 and 9, doesn't it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yes!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

sweet mother of god,a grand total of 17pts sees me drop almost 500k places and a GW rank of 3.4m,dont know whether to laugh or cry. 5th year playing and even when games were cancelled i never scored as little

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Fúck.

Leader in my league has Lukaku.

Fúcking Everton fan.

Same here. Only he captained him, to boot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Well at least Lukaku has his monthly points haul out of the way before Sunday....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He told me on Saturday he had Hart in goal this week after Spurs scored 4. He'd no idea Caballero played instead. I half expected DDG to be on his bench! (He'd no idea who was on his bench. It was Begovic.)

I asked him why he triple captained Payet. He said, 'why not?'. I said there'll be DGWs later in the season. He didn't really know what I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

52 points. Dawson luckily doing the biz. Pulisball failing spectacularly though tonight :(

It's a headscratcher of a season so far. Normally, the generally accepted big hitters (the premiums) would have started to perform by now. But so far, they haven't. The likes of Hazard, Costa, Aguero, Rooney and Kane will probably be up there come seasons end, but given that they still haven't really got out of the blocks yet is causing me to question my approach to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

52 points. Dawson luckily doing the biz. Pulisball failing spectacularly though tonight :(

It's a headscratcher of a season so far. Normally, the generally accepted big hitters (the premiums) would have started to perform by now. But so far, they haven't. The likes of Hazard, Costa, Aguero, Rooney and Kane will probably be up there come seasons end, but given that they still haven't really got out of the blocks yet is causing me to question my approach to the game.

The only big hitter that's cause such a pain is Aguero i think, all the others have been dropped my most folk, but a lot are still very wary/scared of dropping Aguero, like myself and so he stays in the team taking up 13m+ and scoring 2points here and there - most have probably taking the captaincy off him mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Costa and Kane only performed for half a season in FPL. Rooney typically performs well in spells of greatness rather than consistency. Never a surprise when he runs dry. Hazard hasn't kicked on yet but I think Aguero is the real shock here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Had nobody playing tonight dropped 200k places to 700k, jaysus :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is this the longest drought for Aguero since he joined City? I think he went 4 league games last season without scoring. The explosion is coming...it just has to be right? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Aguero will come good. It's pretty much impossible that he doesn't if he stays fit with the attacking players around him in that team.

With their next 7 fixtures he will not be leaving my team. The captaincy has certainly gone back to being a decision though.

At the end of the season we'll be laughing about this lads! :) "Remember that time Aguero blanked and everyone got rid and then he got that hat trick, lolz"

Ok, without the 'lolz' but still....

• Advertisement

Berahino splits second bap after ESP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

54 (-8) for the week, will probably finish with a small red.

This guy though. :eek: Didn't cash out according to William Hill.

CQBHCYHWgAEWdsw.jpg

The annoying thing is, Aguero has only got 1 assist since the Chelsea game. The fixtures in that time were eve, WAT, pal, WHU and tot. Aside from the Palace game were he was hacked down and had to go off after 20 odd minutes, he has played virtually 90 minutes in all of the rest of those games. If he had even returned even just 2 goals in that period that's an extra 12 points on our totals. The vast majority of us have captained him too so 24 points, throw in a couple of bonus and we're probably looking at 28-30 points. Add that to your current total and it's enough to significantly increase your overall ranking.

Yeah, I know it didn't happen but I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that it's kind of a positive in a weird way too. That despite having Aguero firing blank after blank that we're generally doing okay. We're still in the hunt. He's too good of a player playing in too good of a team that he's not going to click back into his usual self eventually and when he does, those who don't have him are basically ****ed. There's no two ways about it. We thought it was bad having no Lukaku tonight, imagine what it will be like for the 70 odd % who don't currently have Aguero.

Of course if the worst happens and it hasn't changed for Aguero in the near future then we definitely need to reassess things, but I'd hope these next few gameweeks give us our rewards. Imagine if he starts to click this weekend and you see his upcoming fixtures - BOU, mnu, NOR, avl, LIV, SOU, sto, SWA, ars, SUN, lei.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Looks like I'm going to scoop a monthly prize :)
    GW3 wildcard has probably been my best wildcard ever, although my 451 has slowly turned back into the traditional 343 over the last couple of weeks.

If only Aguero had turned it on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I think the most frustrating thing with Aguero is he hasn't even really come close. He misses Silva so much and also, maybe its just what I see, but he seems to have lost a little bit of acceleration over the first few yards.

I will start to think elsewhere if he fails to bag v Newcastle though..

spock. wrote: »
    Looks like I'm going to scoop a monthly prize :)

Congrats. :)

Anything nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    The annoying thing is, Aguero has only got 1 assist since the Chelsea game. The fixtures in that time were eve, WAT, pal, WHU and tot. Aside from the Palace game were he was hacked down and had to go off after 20 odd minutes, he has played virtually 90 minutes in all of the rest of those games. If he had even returned even just 2 goals in that period that's an extra 12 points on our totals. The vast majority of us have captained him too so 24 points, throw in a couple of bonus and we're probably looking at 28-30 points. Add that to your current total and it's enough to significantly increase your overall ranking.

Yeah, I know it didn't happen but I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that it's kind of a positive in a weird way too. That despite having Aguero firing blank after blank that we're generally doing okay. We're still in the hunt. He's too good of a player playing in too good of a team that he's not going to click back into his usual self eventually and when he does, those who don't have him are basically ****ed. There's no two ways about it. We thought it was bad having no Lukaku tonight, imagine what it will be like for the 70 odd % who don't currently have Aguero.

Of course if the worst happens and it hasn't changed for Aguero in the near future then we definitely need to reassess things, but I'd hope these next few gameweeks give us our rewards. Imagine if he starts to click this weekend and you see his upcoming fixtures - BOU, mnu, NOR, avl, LIV, SOU, sto, SWA, ars, SUN, lei.
    I wish it had happened in a week like this one though
    given the fixtures for next weekend he is the OUTSTANDING captaincy choice for anyone who has him so much less of a differential
    still I'll enjoy his hat trick all the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Was on 26 (-4) pts before the game tonight with Myhill & Evans to go.

Pulisball my a*se :mad:.

Maybe my worst ever GW... 3,271,397 GW rank (for many of the past seasons, this number would have been higher than the total amount of players in the entire game for GW7 :rolleyes:...).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

On track for my second manager of the month prize, top 10 ranked in Ireland and top 120 overall. Pissed away points here and there, should have gone with my gut and brought in Behrahino for Gomes and kept Mata as captain, small things like that are hindering me.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    On track for my second manager of the month prize, top 10 ranked in Ireland and top 120 overall. Pissed away points here and there, should have gone with my gut and brought in Behrahino for Gomes and kept Mata as captain, small things like that are hindering me.

:pac:
    Won't get much sympathy for that. Fair play on the ranking though!

Advertisement