Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Dropped to 29k overall from a 14k before the everton game..This lukaku brace hurt a lot..Finished the week with 65points . Seems low considering i had sanchez captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

SlickRic wrote: »
    He told me on Saturday he had Hart in goal this week after Spurs scored 4. He'd no idea Caballero played instead. I half expected DDG to be on his bench! (He'd no idea who was on his bench. It was Begovic.)

I asked him why he triple captained Payet. He said, 'why not?'. I said there'll be DGWs later in the season. He didn't really know what I was talking about.

And he's now 6th in the world.

Hasn't had a player worth over 8.5m all season. What a run. Stunning.

I'd actually love him to keep going somehow. He's a great lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

GW rank of 2.9m!

OR down 550k to 1.2m. Dropped 250k last night.

Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

39 all out. I was on 36 after Saturday, so disappointed to say the least. Down to 510k, which is my second consecutive red arrow after two weeks of green and thinking I'd turned a corner. Wildcard is in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Finished up at 1.6m which is a 100k gain, it was all ruined by Lulaku but still happy with the end result after my -20.

Onwards to GW8 now with Darmain to Dier done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I feel like giving up but I know that by Saturday morning I'll be back with all guns blazing. It's already obvious that barring a miracle of loaves and fishes proportions I won't match last year, that's disappointing but I'm still very hopeful of a top 10k placing, like others I badly need things to turn around soon though.
    As a Spurs fan I can see the bigger picture of the weekend gone past, I may even become a proper football fan again at some stage:o

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

36 points, down to 260k from 107k. Worst week so far. Stoke clean sheet would have helped salvage something as I had doubled up on them. First bad week so can't complain too much. City trio let me down too but will be keeping them for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Finished on 59 for the week. Overall rise of 200k to 130k.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

30 (-4) for the week.

GW rank of 3.1 Million :D Back to 1.2m overall from 500k. However I was at 1.3m before last weekend so I'm still up 100k if you want to look at it that way.....

Now let us never EVER let us speak of this GW again. Ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

64 points sees me rise 674k places to 930k and I'm into the top million for the first time this season. My team isn't in the best of shape but I think I'll bank my transfer this week as I have 8 players at home for the upcoming gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

dropped back 60k thanks to lukaku last night but still a 200k rise to 165k
    not very excited about my prospects next weekend though
    a lot riding on captain Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pretty sickened. 53 this week but could've been so much better.

Got rid of Lukaku for Martial.

Moved captaincy from Alexis Sanchez to Martial.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

53 points. McAuley subbing out for Souare was really handy! Green arrows again and now into the top 500,000. Have made significant progress over the last few weeks, but this was a fairly standard week with terrible forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I was gonna ask you to link his team then I copped that I can just go to the Overall Rankings:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

that is amazing has anyone here ever got that high or know somebody that did?
    A fella top of one of my pay leagues has also gone down the no player greater tha 8.5 route. Its his first year playing he reckons the game is easy and Im crazy spending big on aguero, sanchez etc. I was asking him sunday what his thoughts on avoiding sanchez were now. Of course he ends up having Lukaku, Dann and berahino and outscored me by 20 pts this week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Somehow I managed to climb one spot in the FSA 1 league :)

With 27 points I call it a success.

Won 27-26.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that is amazing has anyone here ever got that high or know somebody that did?
    A fella top of one of my pay leagues has also gone down the no player greater tha 8.5 route. Its his first year playing he reckons the game is easy and Im crazy spending big on aguero, sanchez etc. I was asking him sunday what his thoughts on avoiding sanchez were now. Of course he ends up having Lukaku, Dann and berahino and outscored me by 20 pts this week

there could be something to it.

so many teams have bought well in the summer, and a lot of the mid table teams are better than they've ever been.

i think the season is returning to somewhat normal in the main (slowly), and I do think teams will have to have a couple of the Aguero, Sanchez, Mata, KDB, Silva, Hazard, Pedro, Costa, Sturridge brigade in order to stay near the top.

But it's not as cut and dry as I thought it might have been.

I think some players have stumbled upon something that might work this year because of the quality of player the likes of West Ham, Leicester and Swansea have been able to bring in.

As I say, the 'filling teams with 5.5m - 8.5m players' tactic hasn't ever worked to the degree it is working this season. the guy who is 6th in the world has quite literally been bottom or bottom 2 of the league we're in since we started it in 2008. But it might be something we'll have to adapt to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

39 points brings me my 1st red arrow of the season and I drop from ~118k to ~240k.

I'm really convinced that the tide is going to turn in our favour in GW's 8 and 9, but if it doesn't then I think it may be time for a bit of a re-think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Paully D wrote: »
    39 points brings me my 1st red arrow of the season and I drop from ~118k to ~240k.

I'm really convinced that the tide is going to turn in our favour in GW's 8 and 9, but if it doesn't then I think it may be time for a bit of a re-think.

Ah here Paully if you're at 240k then the tide has been going steadily enough :pac:

Spare a thought for those of us on a dinghy in the middle of the ocean having lost our paddle to a shark and our food supplies to a feisty seagull.

Is that the call of a siren I can hear? We're saved....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ah here Paully if you're at 240k then the tide has been going steadily enough :pac:

Spare a thought for those of us on a dinghy in the middle of the ocean having lost our paddle to a shark and our food supplies to a feisty seagull.

Is that the call of a siren I can hear? We're saved....

I'm struggling to stay in the top 50%.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lads, it's too early to be considering our OR somewhat relevant. Especially this season with all the new rules.

I know I've been saying all season last year that a good start makes it easier to manage your staying uptop than the exhausting chasing game but this season is different. There are the 3 new chips. There is no January WC which will completely change the Christmas period perspective (no more weekly punts and short-term gambles that can be quickly saved by the jan WC if necessary). The playing of the second WC should also be interesting (how many will keep it late to take advantage of the end of season DGWs?).

This week I went from ~100k to ~500k almost just because of no Sanchez. So it's still pretty tight.

There's one thing though. All the points lost on Agüero captain are lost. I don't believe we'll gain much back when he'll click on. Most serious players would own him and the wisest ones did apply the form over fixture "rule" and benefitted from it. I actually think if we were not persuading each other on this forum about how great a player he is (and therefore how huge a damage he can do in the game) we would have tried other good candidates long ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Woohoo, I fell from 133k to 630k. Probably my worst ever week in ten years of playing FF. 24 (-4).

Wildcard in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    Woohoo, I fell from 133k to 630k. Probably my worst ever week in ten years of playing FF. 24 (-4).

Wildcard in play.
    We're having a very similar season this year. Post-disaster WC in play too ;).

Your GW rank must be somekind of a record mustn't it? Mine was already abysmal and I was 4 pts better :pac...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

56 after a -8 gets me another green arrow up 5k places just inside top 30k (was in top 15k Sunday morning)
    Looking forward to seeing Silva and KDB tomorrow.
    No United or Chelsea representation in my squad atm but will probably still bank my FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iroced wrote: »

There's one thing though. All the points lost on Agüero captain are lost. I don't believe we'll gain much back when he'll click on. Most serious players would own him and the wisest ones did apply the form over fixture "rule" and benefitted from it. I actually think if we were not persuading each other on this forum about how great a player he is (and therefore how huge a damage he can do in the game) we would have tried other good candidates long ago!

I dabbled a bit with successful flutters on Sakho and Mahrez captaincy. Payet came in to my mind this past week, just couldn't not captain Aguero against Spurs though. This GW should be >50% of us on here captaining Aguero, GW9 could be interesting with Chelsea at home to Villa and Arsenal away at Watford (admittedly are very solid there).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

First good score of the season 69 (-4) leaves me at 380k OR from 800k. Hopefully the tide will turn. GW8 last year was the gameweek that changed everything for most of us last year with Southamptons 8 nil win.

Hoping Aguero does something similar for this years GW8 as I've captained him every week from GW3 onwards and I can't not captain him against Newcastle. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A seasons best 61 points for the GW sees my rise 250k places to 311k. Sanchez, Pellé, Cawson and Captain Payet were the scorers.

Issues moving forward are Gomes/Guzan being a substandard GK combo, Muniesa + Gomez both being dropped meaning I've only 3 starting defenders, Wilson being out for 6 months and Ayew losing form.

I do have 4.1 ITB to invest, just need to figure out the best move(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Just to cheer everybody up,only 26,401 players finished behind me this week, down 191k-873k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Just to cheer everybody up,only 26,401 players finished behind me this week, down 191k-873k.

:eek: what score did you get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

17pts

Advertisement