Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show - RTE 1: Saturday, September 26th @ 9:45pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

SKETT wrote: »
    New. modern, up and coming band - Wheatus.

Rte production meeting: "guys...you won't believe who we've bagged for rays show.....and a steal at $1.3m......only wheatus!" High fives all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Absolute durge, I'd rather perform rectal surgery on myself with a rusty blade without anesthetic then sit through that crap again ...

Strazdas wrote: »
    I don't think he's very good on TV to be honest. He's already over the age of 50 (much, much older than when Gay Byrne, Pat Kenny and Ryan Tubridy were already established big names) and has accomplished virtually nothing on television.

Wasn't there celebrity dog show?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,012 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Brendan must feel like Alex Ferguson when David Moyes took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

D'Arcy's idea of being outrageous and stirring up controversy is claiming he would leave the country if Enda Kenny became taoiseach and then refusing to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I only half wached it. My teenage "Katie and Tom" arrived in with problems so I missed all of Tomm T. I'll give it a chance next week. That's if I don't go on the batter next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Hunting obese people was pretty funny

Wonder if Tommy's hunting the guy who was body shamed on social media around the RTE studios now.
    I'd say the green room was fairly awkward after that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

I enjoyed watching it. Ray is really good looking, he has a great body, well-toned. Very easy on the eyes. I wouldn't mind messing around with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I turned it off after he said we'd be having a few laughs with Tommy Tiernan....

Wtf is RTEs fixation wit our sports stars. DOCs been on the late late dozens of times already......snoozefest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Good AND bad from the show. Overall it was better than I expected and honestly I thought Ray would be far more nervous than he was. Haven't seen or heard any of Tommy Tiernans material in a while so I found him very funny last night. The Dancing Man and Donnacha O'Callaghan interviews were in Ray's wheelhouse. The Tulisa segment was a bit cringe but it would have been the same with Tubs or BOC imo.

I'll give Ray a chance, it's his first show after being away from TV for a while. Brendan took a while to find his groove. The cringiest thing about last night was all the pictures CK Dexter Haven was posting.

Surprised they didn't 'flip' the set, as in, have it different to LLS, so Ray would be on a guests left hand side. Also they need to cut out the extreme close-ups and maybe think about having the musical act do 2 songs split over the show.

Can't wait for him to have Dustin on, he'll make a holy show of Ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Strazdas wrote: »
    I don't think he's very good on TV to be honest. He's already over the age of 50 (much, much older than when Gay Byrne, Pat Kenny and Ryan Tubridy were already established big names) and has accomplished virtually nothing on television.
    He's 51 since the first of September even though he'd pass as a pensioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Asarlai wrote: »
    I enjoyed watching it. Ray is really good looking, he has a great body, well-toned. Very easy on the eyes. I wouldn't mind messing around with him.

Get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Asarlai wrote: »

Go away, Jenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Delta2113

How much money spent on that new set?

Same old guests and presenter no better or worse than before and all taxpayers money -meanwhile people are on hospital trolleys - I love this Country.

Country is too small for chat show Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Berserker wrote: »
    Rugby has the ability to deliver some unbelievable games.

That is only two decent matches so far out of 17 (at the time of writing) - the Japan game and the Wales game. The rugby world cup group stages are kind of like listening/watching Ray Darcy you are surprised when something interesting happens

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It was as predicted a very poor opener for this show. It was a typical Tommy Tiernan interview but he was about the best of what was on. That X-Factor one contributed not a thing and the baby talk with the rugby player had Ray beating Tubridy at his own game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Ray just goes on about himself and his home life too much, yes Ray we know what kids are like, we know and it´s great - but with our own ... so no one wants to hear this about yours !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Asarlai viewpost.gif
    Get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning....

I don't think that those of us who admire Ray's buff body should be discriminated against just because we have good taste.

I suppose it's probably only guys who are flabby-wabbies, and who are not toned and buffed like Ray that are making these comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Absolute awful rubbish, RTE would be better to scrap this show immediately along with the LLS an d replace with some classic movies. Drop the price of the licence fee as they would save money from paying these 2 guys.

I was tempted to call these 2 fools but they are getting way overpaid for this rubbish and laughing all the way to the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Early days I know, but Ray was just as bad as - if not worse - than Tubs! The awkward pauses, the awkward banter, the lack of spontaneity, sticking rigidly to the cue cards. Tulisa probably thought she was being interrogated at the police station again :pac:

Possibly could be put down to opening night nerves, so we'll see. I must admit though, after the Wales win, the whole show became a bit of a blur :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

That is only two decent matches so far out of 17 (at the time of writing) - the Japan game and the Wales game. The rugby world cup group stages are kind of like listening/watching Ray Darcy you are surprised when something interesting happens

I wonder if I was bored and sad enough to go through your previous posts would I find out you are either a GAA or soccer supporter?

I reckon Paddy Power wouldn't give me much odds on that.

I hate Gaelic Football with a passion, ita such a bastardised sport with the loosest interpretations of rules of any sport.

But I've found this ingenious solution, I don't watch it!
    I went for lunch last Sunday and obviously it was on the big screen and being shoved down our throats and it was just like I remembered it, dull boring and uneventful.

But anyway back on topic, Darcys new show was nearly as disappointing as the all Ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭orthsquel

I watched (skimmed) back for curiosity's sake on rte player all I can think of how it reminds me of Kenny Live (the Saturday night entertainment show Pat Kenny had before he took over the LLS) except worse. I don't listen to D'Arcy on the radio because I can't stand his show and his references to his wife and kid and tbh it didn't start off well that he hit the default button 2 seconds on the set yappering about them, especially if you don't know who he is or who he is talking about, there was a built in assumption you're his radio listener and have been his radio listener for some time. If they really want to give a tv show for his radio listeners he should just stream his radio show on any site rather than waste licence payer's money like they have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

I had lined up a movie for myself Saturday night but got called into the other room to help out the parents so ended up watching some of the show. I missed Tommy Tiernan which would have been worth seeing (though I'd doubt I'd have learned anything new about Tommy I didn't already know). When I walked into the room and saw Gordon D'Arcy, my immediate thought was "Ah crap, here we go again :(". It's the usual RTE mentality "Oh there's rugby on at the moment... get one of the ex Ireland palyers on". The LLS was heavy on Rugby Friday night too. No disrespect to Rugby fans, enjoy it and have a good time but I personally didn't even realise the world cup was on til the day it started. I haven't watched a match yet and could care less. The most I know about the Irish rugby team is that Paul O'Connell is on it and one of the players is called Mike Ross which makes me laugh being a fan of Suits :). Then we had the X-Factor Z Lister. I guess that was the 'misery slot' given that he spent agest talking to her about her mother with mental health issues. In fairness to the girl I got the impression with some of her answers that she either was't comfortable or thought Ray was an arse. Some of the questions about having an Irish background in particular. I couldn't take much more after that so went back to my movie which, although not spectacular, was time better spent overall.

I woke up yesterday and couldn't get something I felt was really obvious out of my head. Why do RTE need 2 chat shows on consecutive nights doing largely the same thing? If one was a heavier format i.e. slanted towards political discussion and health issues and financial issues while the other was aimed at light enteratinment I could understand but right now we've got whoever is releasing a book that week on both. We've also got the comedian/sports person du jour and both seem to have the dreaded 'misery slot'. It's a bit pointless really.

Absolute awful rubbish, RTE would be better to scrap this show immediately along with the LLS an d replace with some classic movies. Drop the price of the licence fee as they would save money from paying these 2 guys.

I was tempted to call these 2 fools but they are getting way overpaid for this rubbish and laughing all the way to the bank.
    you can't call yourself "alan partridge aha" and just give out about stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Can't wait for him to have Dustin on, he'll make a holy show of Ray!

Jesus christ...what year are we living in?

RTE really is a graveyard of creativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It was pure sh..e, I am sick to the teeth listening to Darcy tell us about Jenny and his kid Tom, who in Gods name cares about them or what they do at home it was so cringe worthy I nearly threw up, he is the same way on his radio show not a day passes but he will mention the family and what happened at home. RTE bring back Brendan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Next week on the Ray D'arcy show...

Ray will be doing the ice bucket challenge for MND,

Eurovision star Mickey Jo Harte will be performing live in studio,

and Ray will be interviewing the man who slipped on ice during a news segment in 2010.

Advertisement